Creative Circle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Creative Circle is basically a staffing agency, so interviews are used to ascertain professionalism and also how best to market your skills to their clients. The interviewer was personable and friendly, and asked about the experience listed on my resume and then we moved on to desired wage, location, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Circle.

Interview

Creative Circle is a staffing agency, so interviews are used to get an understanding of your experiences and also how best to market your skills to their clients. The interviewer was helpful and friendly, and asked about the experience listed on my resume and then we moved on to desired wage, location, etc.

Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Creative Circle.

Interview

This company has wasted so many hours of my time. They've had me come to the office and meet with them, as well as take many phone calls and sent me to several client interviews. Nothing ever pans out and they always end up ghosting my communication attempts.

Interview Questions

• Present your portfolio, and oh by the way, change everything.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Creative Circle in February 2018.

Interview

Contact me for my application had a ph interview very easy positive. Completed an online assessment. Over the phone it was very straight forward. Asked about my experience in sales. Why do i wanna work for them ?

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied for a position on Indeed. This company has you come in and meet with a recruiter/staffing agent to discuss your skills. The interview focused on what I did in the past and jobs I want to do that utilizes those same skills vs. building skills. The interviewer was nice, but didn't seem to know much, if anything about creative work or creative process.
    I think one of the largest hiccups in the organization is the impersonal emails they bombard you with when you apply, a number of the jobs are extremely short contracts (days, weeks and months). It makes me wonder if their email list is simply used to be sold off to a third party to use for additional marketing.

There was zero diversity within the organization from the people I had met, and the term "cultural fit" was used in their criteria. That is a buzzword for discrimination.

I have chosen not to participate in any more applications with this company and I urge you to take caution in doing so. This is one of those recruiting agencies that will bring you into a gig, make their money and leave you stranded.

Interview Questions

• What tools have you used?   1 Answer
    • Would you be interested in learning about other opportunities beyond this one?   1 Answer

Freelancer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Creative Circle (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It was really quite pleasant. I arrived on time and was immediately escorted to a room to complete the paperwork. There I waited for my recruiter who came reasonably soon after I was finished with the paperwork. She was very nice, upfront and straightforward which I really appreciated. She gave me constructive criticism on my resume and portfolio layouts which I didn't even realize I needed but was SO GLAD she did. I really left feeling like CC NYC cares about their talent and wants to get them booked.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your portfolio.   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Seattle, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

A one hour broad ranging review of my skills and experience. Also discussed the types of companies and cultures I feel a fit with. My interviewer demonstrated a good understanding of the fields they staff for. Felt that she got a good handle on where I would best fit in.

Interview Questions

• Did I understand the basic realities of contingent employment   1 Answer

Creative Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I started with a phone interview with an internal recruiter, then a phone interview with the Regional Director. After two phone interviews, I met with the RD face-to-face, then sat in with the local team for a work day.

Interview Questions

• If I were to get (as a recruiter) a job *I* wanted, how would I deal with that?   1 Answer

User Experience/UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied based on a specific posting on Glassdoor. The position advertised sounded perfect. I had a quick phone interview the next day and was set up for an in person interview. I’ve done contract work for years, so I knew they were a staffing agency. In the interview, she actually told me that I was “not worth” what I was asking for hourly. Y’all, I have NO problem getting that rate for contract work from ANY reputable staffing agency in the metropolitan area. I asked her how long she’s been in the staffing industry and she proceeds to tell me the company history. The more questions I asked her about herself and the position, the more nervous she got. In the end, I finally got out of her that the position I applied for was “filled” - translation...it never existed. It boils down this: Creative Circle is simply trying to “beef up” their “talent portfolio” to make themselves look better to companies and for when they submit themselves for industry awards. Don’t waste your time with this company.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-5 , how would you rate yourself on the skills you’ve selected?   Answer Question

Entry Level PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied to be interviewed by a recruiter and heard back within a reasonable time frame. I had my interview at the Boston office. Before the interview, they walked me through all the info I needed to supply. I supplied so much info during the pre-interview stage that when I went in to speak with the recruiter they knew most of that background, resume type info. It was a very relaxed, friendly atmosphere and lasted about 20 minutes. Talking with the recruiter about what it is like to work in freelance and the kind of opportunities they can offer got me very excited to work with them.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know which industries or companies I was willing or unwilling to work with. They definitely want to put you somewhere you want to be.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Circle (New York, NY).

Interview

It seems like Creative Circle's "recruiting" process isn't much of one- basically if you apply, you'll probably get an interview. Actual interview was low key, but company lacks transparency.