Creative Circle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Creative Circle is basically a staffing agency, so interviews are used to ascertain professionalism and also how best to market your skills to their clients. The interviewer was personable and friendly, and asked about the experience listed on my resume and then we moved on to desired wage, location, etc.

User Experience/UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied based on a specific posting on Glassdoor. The position advertised sounded perfect. I had a quick phone interview the next day and was set up for an in person interview. I’ve done contract work for years, so I knew they were a staffing agency. In the interview, she actually told me that I was “not worth” what I was asking for hourly. Y’all, I have NO problem getting that rate for contract work from ANY reputable staffing agency in the metropolitan area. I asked her how long she’s been in the staffing industry and she proceeds to tell me the company history. The more questions I asked her about herself and the position, the more nervous she got. In the end, I finally got out of her that the position I applied for was “filled” - translation...it never existed. It boils down this: Creative Circle is simply trying to “beef up” their “talent portfolio” to make themselves look better to companies and for when they submit themselves for industry awards. Don’t waste your time with this company.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-5 , how would you rate yourself on the skills you’ve selected?   Answer Question

Entry Level PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied to be interviewed by a recruiter and heard back within a reasonable time frame. I had my interview at the Boston office. Before the interview, they walked me through all the info I needed to supply. I supplied so much info during the pre-interview stage that when I went in to speak with the recruiter they knew most of that background, resume type info. It was a very relaxed, friendly atmosphere and lasted about 20 minutes. Talking with the recruiter about what it is like to work in freelance and the kind of opportunities they can offer got me very excited to work with them.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know which industries or companies I was willing or unwilling to work with. They definitely want to put you somewhere you want to be.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Circle (New York, NY).

Interview

It seems like Creative Circle's "recruiting" process isn't much of one- basically if you apply, you'll probably get an interview. Actual interview was low key, but company lacks transparency.

Presentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Teaneck, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Very through interview with the recruiter and an account manager for their clients. Extensive review of my Presentation portfolio. We discussed salary expectations and multiple. work scenarios from one off freelance to full time employment

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn and received an email for a phone screening a few hours later. It was scheduled for one week from the day. The phone screening went extremely well. I had never spoken with a recruiter so personable and fun to talk to. I feel it was one of my best phone interviews yet because she made me feel so comfortable from the very beginning. We ended up talking for almost an hour about my skills, the job and our daily work flows. My in-person interview was scheduled shortly after and again, another personable employee of this company who was very easy to talk to. I left the interview feeling very confident. The 2-hour shadowing was very nice. I enjoyed the work atmosphere and their daily structure. I felt I'd be a good fit. This was the second instance where the employer asked me, "On a scale of 1-10, how are you feeling about wanting to work here?" I answered 9, the minus one being that I could not start immediately and I wished I could! After this, I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. Again, another person who was fun, energetic and easy to talk to. The conversation ranged from serious work to more personal. It was obvious all three people I interviewed with cared about what I had to say. Every interview, I thoroughly enjoyed. The recruiter consistently followed up with me while waiting for the next round, which kept me interested and engaged in the position. In every interview, they fully prepared me and educated me on what my work would potentially look like on a day-to-day basis working at Creative Circle. The process took four weeks, which makes sense when a company is truly investing the time and energy into candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you currently do on a day-to-day basis?
      How do you think your current work now would make you prepared to work here?

A lot of the questions are centered around your work history, so a lot of chances to explain what you did at each job.   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

interview was pretty great was called in, sat down for a casual chat about what my skills were an where i could be placed for work, the environment was really friendly but i wish i would have been given more information.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Circle.

Interview

I was invited to an in person registration where we talked about my experience, what I was looking for and I was told about one opening they had in mind for me, which I was interested in. Interviewer commented about something that wasn't on my resume, think she had me confused with another candidate. Moved on to the next stage, then turns out the job that was sold in to me had changed to something else so I was out of the running. I kept in touch for months, never to hear from my contact again.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What is the minimum rate you would accept? Which areas are you willing to travel to?   Answer Question

Staffing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It's a great process because they are just interested in finding out what you're interested in and qualified for. They want to make sure that they're sending you opportunities that are a good fit for you.

Freelance Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I had applied to a job ad online and was called the next day and given a phone interview on the spot. Was asked to come in to the office for an in-person interview. Was asked to fill out an online profile prior to the interview. When I got there, I was asked to fill out an I-9 form to prove my eligibility to work in the US and provide proper documentation. I had thought this was an interview about the job I had applied for (for which I was very excited), but it was not. It was just to gather my personal info and references for any possible future freelance postions. Spent $23 for parking downtown for a one hour interview for a "just-in-case" we find something you're a match for. Maybe something comes of this, But it looks doubtful. Seems just another glorified temp agency.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to sign somethong stating that I would use only Creative Circle for the period of one year.   1 Answer

Freelancer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Circle (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I came into the office and we talked over what I was looking for in a job. He was very considerate of my availability to come in and made sure that I left fully understanding how future interactions would proceed.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to rate each of my listed skills and software knowledge to better place me.   Answer Question