Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia (New York, NY).

Interview

Very long process. All in house meeting with hiring manager, team, division head and ultimately the CEO. The process was extremely drawn out, over 3 months. Primary focus was previous experience and client relationships. Ultimate decision came down to desk head.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue can you guarantee from your existing relationships?   1 Answer

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia.

Interview

All technical questions. Very short sighted interview. No clear guidelines. manager taking the interview were asking questions out of a template. No personalization and no domain based questions. All technical questions. Very short sighted interview. No clear guidelines. manager taking the interview were asking questions out of a template. No personalization and no domain based questions.

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

- one phone interview with HR and then after 2 weeks, got one super day with 3 Managing Directors, and then one more interview with its head of sales
    - i was only asked about behavioral questions, since they are all MD so only cared about fit
    - got a lot of chance to ask questions at the end of the interview - should ask more meaningful questions

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Scheduled an in-person interview with CLSA through a staffing agency that sent my resume to the company. I met with two staff: a member of the marketing team and a member of the sales team. If the interview process had continued, I would have met with more senior members of both teams.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions, (Why did I want to work at CLSA? What interested me in HR?), as well as about my background and experiences.   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Meeting with staff to go over resume and experience, and the types of projects projects that I would be doing during the internship. Met the team that I would be working with. Mostly a fit interview. In general the people were friendly and responsive, gave a good overview of the company and the work that they do, and did not grill me too intensely about my prior work experience.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia.

Interview

There were total 5 rounds.
    1. Aptitude test : quant + IT security + Java + database
    (easy to medium level questions) and no sectional cut off.
    The students who scored 45% and above were selected for the next round.

2. This round was coding round. We were allowed to search for anything on google while attempting this round.
    1 SQL query and 2 coding statements were given.
    The difficulty level of codes was medium.
    My friends said that the SQL query was easy(I didn't solve SQL question!)
    Then 37 students were shortlisted after this round.

3.Personality assessment
    This was not an elimination round.
    They need this information for their own record.
    There were more than 100 questions and each question had 5 options(strongly agree, agree, don't know, disagree, strongly disagree).
    This round was pretty boring for 2 reasons : 1)It was almost 8 in the evening and we were in the college since the morning. 2)It was a really lengthy questionnaire and many questions were repeated.

Then we all received the interview schedule in the night.
    There were 2 batches, one at 9:30am and another one at 1:00pm.
    The interview process took place at their office, Yerawada.

4.I was in the morning batch. To be honest, the moment I stepped into their office, I found it highly depressing. The interview process started an hour late.
    They were calling us one by one for the face to face technical interview.
    I was the last one from my batch to go in for the interview.
    The interviewer was a nice person.
    A few questions that were asked:
    Explain reader and writer problem. And explain its solution using semaphore.
    What are the different deadlock avoidance algorithms? Explain banker's algorithm.
    What is Bootstrap and things related to Bootstrap.
    Which is better SQL-Java or mongoDB-Java?
    Explain dijkstra's algorithm.
    Any extra activities?

That's all.
    The last round was HR interview.
    I couldn't make it to the HR interview.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia in September 2017.

Interview

It was an on campus placement drive. In the aptitude test there were 60 question of different categories and at the end of the test individual percentage of correct answers of each category was displayed.
    From this test some students were shortlisted for coding round which was hosted on codility. There were three questions and 75 minutes. Questions were easy and usage of Internet was allowed for checking syntax of library functions.
    Next round was conducted at CLSA office in yerwada, Pune.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked based on the projects which i had mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia (Pune (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Campus Recruitment Process for B.E.

Round 1 & 2 were conducted in our college, Pune.
    Round 1. Aptitude Test on their own portal consisting of Quantitative, English, Data Interpretation from Pie Charts, Graphs

Round 2. Coding on codility.com. One based on SQL, Two on Any language from C/C++/Java

Personality MCQ Test was conducted for those who passed Coding Round, but it wasn't an elimination round.

Round 3 & 4 conducted at their office in Yerawada, Pune.
    Round 3. Technical Interview
    Round 4. Interview with their MD

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia (Pune (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

One Aptitude test

One apptitude test(basic quant+technical+logical)
    Then Next round was coading round.They allowed us to use internet 1 1/2 hour for three problem statement.
    Next round was technical interview ,interviewer asked very basic basic question mostly about resume. interviewer was very friendly.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia (Pune (India)).

Interview

I got call from one consultancy, they told me interview can happen only on weekdays. The consultancy guy promised me that it will be a single day process but us wasn't. I had to go 3 times to there office for 4 different rounds.