Credit Suisse Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.7

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and went through an accelerated process that consisted of an initial phone screen, insight day, then final round interview. The final round was only CV-based/conversational with no technicals.

I only write here because of the extremely unprofessional nature of my recruiting experience that led me to decline this firm. Firstly, for both the spring day and final round I had transportation difficulties. where I had scheduled my flight and interview through CS but only 3 days before received email from HR of a reception earlier that day. To make this I requested a flight change, but HR refused to accommodate, yelled at me over the phone, then cancelled my return trip (which I was not informed of)- I had to travel back and forth out of my own pocket.

More importantly my final round was forgotten. After waiting over a half hour in the waiting room, I requested to speak to the organizers, who informed me that my interviewer had arrived at the correct time, but "nobody had led me over" to the room in which he was waiting- so he eventually left. At this point, most senior bankers had gone home and organizers scrambled last-minute to find someone who would interview me. Upon completing the interview I was walked out by my interviewer himself because HR was nowhere in sight- they had also gone home.

HR/Recruiters must be more organized. Despite my (and any candidates) preparation I sensed a lack of respect for potential employees. I developed a rapport with the senior bankers, but the overall unprofessional experience was a source of motivation for accepting an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through a Super Day interview process where I met five CS professionals (one from HR, and four individuals from the M&A group). The HR interview was behavioral, and the interviews with them M&A professionals were based on testing my knowledge of finance, accounting and math.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email by a recruiter within days. Had a brief phone interview that was more informational than anything else, and was told that the position I had applied to was already wrapping up the recruitment process but that my resume would be kept on file. Was contacted about a week later with another position and had an in-person interview at the office. Interview was about an hour total, with two 30-minute sessions with the team leader an an assistant VP. Both were very friendly and asked all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you anticipated a risk and what steps you took to mitigate it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

On-Campus Interview, then flew into NY for Superday
    3 back to back interview, with people of varying levels from analyst to MD
    Hiring process is very structured once you get the offer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process was enjoyable. The recruiter called me first and had a brief interview. After one week, I got the onsite interview invitation. I came to the Raleigh office and had three rounds with VP, Director and AVP. It was about one and half hours. People were very nice. The questions were about the skills (especially Excel and analytical skills) I obtained from the past experience and how to transfer them into the new role. They are not hard. Also, " why Credit Suisse", " How do you feel about the extended working hours" and " Could you tell me about your excel skills" were asked in every round. So, be prepared for these three questions. After two days, I received the offer and accepted it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with various levels of employees across the bank. Standard interview process, mostly to gauge work ethic and ability to succeed in a high stress environment. Typically 5 rounds before getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Great strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Pure conversation. Why finance? Based mostly on resume. Quick- only about a half hour. Not sure what they were looking for but the interview was half about CS. Intro to the firm. Clearly has a phenomenal and terrific culture.

Analyst Interview

Interview

The company is pretty awesome and everything is good. The questions are very straight forward. No hard questions. diverse company with people in different background. The company is pretty awesome and everything is good. The questions are very straight forward. No hard questions. diverse company with people in different background.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions based on your resume. Had an one and half hour session with three hiring managers. people were so friendly. explained clearly everything about the specific role and the job. no technical questions as such. Overall, it was a very good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• no questions like that. be sure of what you are giving in your resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2014.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview of behavioral questions. I was then invited to Raleigh for 3 back to back 30 minute interviews. There were several technical questions as well as the usual behavioral ones. They had snacks, and gave a mileage reimbursement for travel.

Interview Questions

• One of the most interesting questions was: "How does the city figure out how much salt they need to prepare for a snowstorm?"   Answer Question