Credit Suisse Assistant Vice President Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Assistant Vice President Interview Questions in London, England

2.5

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

I've had two phone interviews before getting called for a full day round of interviews. During that day I have met 5 people, in succession. The interviews lasted anything between 30 minutes to 1h10 at a time. The last interview was with HR in order to work out administrative requirements.
So, now for the actual interviews:

1. MD, presented the environment, the on-going projects, gave me an overall vision of what the team I was joining is charged with and what it's currently working on. In turn I gave a presentation of my resume along with the reasons why my profile would fit the team. No technical questions, more of an overall general idea of how I interact with people, how I market myself. Evaluated only soft skills.

2. D, presented in more detail the what is the team currently working on. Asked me how I reacted in different situations drawn from my resume, how I interacted with the different departments. Slightly more technical questions about my previous experience: why, how, when, etc... Again, evaluated soft skills with a slight accent on technical skills.

3. D from a different team. A slightly more technical interview, asked me how I managed the relationship with the IT department, asked my some SQL-related questions (kind of unrelated to my future role, though...). Evaluated mostly soft skills, apart from those odd questions on SQL...

4. VP, presented again the team and what it does on a daily basis. Had me talk through my resume again and explain the motivation behind every action that I performed. Continued presenting me 'life @ CS', the benefits etc...

So, I've had an overall positive impression, all interviews were oriented towards checking my soft skills, although the role is in itself relatively technical: you need to understand valuations, risk factors, sensitivities, greeks, exposures etc. I hope I won't be let down by the actual job.

HR is off-sourced to Adecco, so they're not actually CS; maybe that explains the stiffness in negotiation?

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in the future/where do you see yourself in ... years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None of the monetary terms are negotiable. Actually, beside the starting date, they won't negotiate anything.

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Recruiter peddled my CV to employer. Had a couple of phone interviews, as I was based abroad at the time. Nothing fancy, just the bog standard "walk me through your CV and highlight the relevant experience for the role".
    Then was called to London for live interviews, which I had to pay for out of my own pocket. They were all similarly unprepared and we went through the same process as the phone interview, where essentially you get to brag about the past experiences and make them as similar as what they want to hear for the role.
    Basically they started by describing the role, and I was pulling out similar experiences, how I solved this and that similar problem, etc, etc.
    I was interviewed by:
    - my direct manager VP (twice, over the phone)
    - an MD from and adjacent team
    - an VP from our supplying team (IT)
    - an AVP from our supplying team (IT)
    - a DIR from our client team (Product Control - however he wasn't directly representing the client; after a full year spent there I still didn't manage to figure out what the hell he was doing there...)
    - an HR contractor

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly difficult or unexpected questions.
      Maybe the "where do you see yourself in the future" was a bit tricky to act out, because I took this job as a stepping stone in London, so I had to act interested in the useless projects tey were trying to drag me in.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable, very strict, take it or leave it.
    Plus, I wasn't in a strong position to negotiate, anyway.