Credit Suisse Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Director Interview Questions

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

CS flew me out to NY for all day meetings with several managers from different business areas. The entire process took about 3 weeks before getting an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very thorough process. Went through 7 conversations some on the phone and some in person. All discussions were with Director or MD level. Process took about 3 months during summer. HR was very communicative and kept following up and moving things along.

Overall the process felt well managed. MD was very nice and sold the group and seemed very pleasant. Saw lots of diverse faces and overall impression was that people who were interviewing had long and rewarding careers in many different roles and regions with the bank.

Interview Questions

• Questions included:
      Tell me about yourself
      Why do you think you would be good for this job?
      Explain what you think the role is about?
      What do you think it will take to be good in this role?
      How will your prior experience play into this role?

No technical questions. Very good listeners who asked situational and experience related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with several people initially rather informally over the phone. Then there was no information for weeks. Then they wanted to re-interview me because so much time had passed followed by weeks of radio silence again. Then I interviewed with two other people plus someone from the business side. I thought they all went well. Then the recruiter I was dealing with said they lowered the title to VP. I said thanks for wasting my time and trying a bait and switch on titles but you can keep your job.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer was intent on asking me business definitions rather than trying to understand how I would add value to her group.   1 Answer

Bait and switch: Said I was interviewing for a VP position when it was posted as a Director position, well after I had 6 interviews with them over the course of 5 months.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

Contact made via a Head Hunter. First interview was with the hiring technology manager. In his office, cordial, warm and intelligent. Second interview was set for a different day with an MD from the business and a Director from the business. 3rd Round included another technology Director, the Global Head of the Business and the global head of equity technology (at the time). The biz guy gave a sales pitch and tried to sell what they were doing more than ask me questions. The IT head asked about experience and "what-if: scenarios. He was most anxious to understand how I would manage the relationship with the business.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to come in as a VP and then go through the internal promotion process   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was fair. A buy-out on diferred comp from prev employer and a first year guarantee.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

very well coordinated by HR.. interviewed with people around the world over VC and the set up was impressive. The conversations were mostly with senior members of the team and were less technical. More junior members asked fairly technical questions related to building, packaging, releasing software. HR then took over and walked through the benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• what's the diff between maven and ant? how is software complexity measured? how to write a maven plugin?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Very thorough interview for the director position. Included multiple interviews with various MD and Directors. Also had to go through various tests, including an assessment center full day interview which included an IQ, personality and skills tests. Additionally, the interview included some live role playing and negotiations with two reviewers who did the role playing and observations. Additionally, had to go through the usual background and drug test. Very thorough, but fair tests.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have had to manage with someone in your team?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Could negotiate some of the compensation and relocation package. They have some flex on the standard packages.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

they claim everyone had to go through the same process: a full day assessment, one DIR and MD appraisals and head of business interviews... But never tell you straight what to expect and why. And I found out every division has a different process and not all require assessment.

Interview Questions

• One successful project - what you did, how and results.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2010.

Interview

Preference is for internal candidates and then external hiring will commence. Candidates will be selected from list of applicants. Job interviews will be done for the first round and then there are few more round of interviews for the selection. Most of the interviews are oral and there is no written exam.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary increase.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in April 2009.

Interview

Met HR and ex-colleague for exploratory i-view
    Positives: met with line manager 1:1 late in the evening, very accomodative
    Met HR twice
    Due to meet head of trading at lunch, he didn't bother to show up and HR didn't bother to cancel
    HR apologised
    After this - no communication whatsoever about next steps

Interview Questions

• about current compensation and last 2 bonuses - "give me a figure"   1 Answer