Credit Suisse Equity Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewes with the VP and it was very boring. He didn't ask me anything and I basically had to speak up and tell him all about me and how qualified I am.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Submitted my resume through university recruiting, and I was contacted through the school. Interview occurred about two weeks after the result, with one VP from the team. The interviewer asked some behavioral interview questions (about yourself, why CS, why Er) and then asked me about my stock pitch. Afterwards, the interviewer shared his own insight in Er, which really helped me further want to get into the group.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

I had an on campus interview and then a superday at the firm, which consisted of 3 30 minute interviews. The first one was purely behavioral while the superday was a mix of fit and technical. I was asked a few basic valuation questions and to present a pitch. I also had to do a mini-case with someone where they asked me how I would think about the food truck business. I think that was to see how you thought about a company when you initially look at it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult if you prepared. Know your stock pitch in and out - the numbers associated with the company, its competition, etc - be sure you can back up everything you say.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New Haven, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Two rounds through on-campus recruiting. One thirty minute interview each for both rounds, with research director and then MD. Heard back one day after the final round with the offer. Not highly technical on either round, but was asked to describe a general approach towards valuation, and express opinions on the markets.

Interview Questions

• Why sell-side vs. buy side?
      What is an example of a time you worked in a team?
      What type of outside activities are you involved in?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2016.

Interview

Stock pitch, and asked about the preference. overall it was nice and we were talking in the language that we both feel comfortable with. Then i was asked to attend the company earnings call and take notes before a one pager to be published.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Mexico City (Mexico)) in August 2016.

Interview

Extremely difficult. I manage to go all the way through to the finals. After 2 exams, 1 essay, 1 investment recommedation, and 6 rounds of interviews from analyst, associates, VP and directors I wasnt offered the position. None the less, one incredible experience to form character and interview abilities.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Video conference call. Relatively casual approach. First stage interview to get to know people and the role. Spoke about research strategy. The main focus was on the seniority of the role and the extent to which it was too junior for me.

Interview Questions

• They focused on the extent to which the role was senior enough for me. They invited me to ask most of the questions of them   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

First, i was contacted by HR person after i applied for the position online. After this round, she set up an interview with Senior Analyst from HK and Korea offices

Interview Questions

• Questions were about my past background, motivation to apply, etc.   Answer Question