Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,291 Interview Reviews

2.9

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

After a successful one-month trial as a contractor I was brought on-board as an Assistant Vice President. I reported directly to a group head, who in turn, reported directly to the CEO and Executive Board. My trial was basically my interview. My group head learned all he needed to know about me through my performance on the job.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The Interview Process was a bit lengthy, but was quite pleasant. The interviewers were kind and professional. The questions and comments were of a professional nature for the most part and all other conversation was light. The experience was a positive one.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about my resume and professional experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was consulting through an agency. I didn't negotiate a contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Relatively standard, asked behavioral questions, and some basic skills question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time that you made a decision at work that you regret?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Networking is the key to landing an interview and completing informational interviews can help you get there. Your visibility among current employees and the number of people who can remember you from a positive interaction will go a long way.

Interview Questions

• Associate level interview questions are mostly technically oriented and try to measure your ability to think analytically about the basic modeling and valuation concepts. Be prepared to cover all basics and dig deeply into any answer you provide.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is standard for fresh grads. Negotiations mostly don't occur.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

This was through a MBA campus recruiting. I submitted my cv and I was invited to interview. I was flown from Ann Arbor to New York. It was on a Saturday. The morning started with a company introduction and the private banking industry, then later a case study. There was a quick presentation, and then a lunch and networking session. Interview was in the afternoon. The interview was not technical, but rather more personality base.

Interview Questions

• "You don't have banking experience. How will you contribute to Credit Suisse?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Was very thorough and well thought-out. The process had a first round phone screen and then a call-back should you meet expectations. Thereafter, there was a second round interview supplemented by a thorough modelling test.

Interview Questions

Interview

HR interview, hiring manager interview, Team member interview, followed by the lead director interview = Total 4 rounds of interviews. Mostly experience related and scenario based questions were asked in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses, Experience specific and high level case scenario questions   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Cary, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

I never got to the point of the interview. I was given a call in number so I called in early for my the phone interview. At 5 min past the interview time, the automated phone system told me that too much time had elapsed and the host had not started the call...goodbye.

I withdrew my application at that point. If they can't be on time for an interview, I really didn't want to be working with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

A little tougher than most IB interviews. Multi-person interview process. Be prepared to explain your motivations and having previous experience is a big help. They also provided food and snacks before the interviews which I don't see often and appreciated.

Interview Questions

Too far from port authority.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Very cut and dry process - one hour interview, split into two separate ones. First had two people in it - asked extremely boring questions, weaknesses, strengths, how do you go about solving a problem, leadership, etc. Second asked similar questions. Overall, it was an easy interview, however it showed a lack of creativity on their part and did not seem like an exciting job at all.

Interview Questions

The department the job was in did not seem like a good fit - the people who interviewed seemed boring.