Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,087 Interview Reviews

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR could have been more clear on about which position you are being considered. Also, it would've been nice if they give you a 24-48 hour notice about scheduling an interview. Besides that, the interview is a 2 hour process, 4 different rounds. 3 one on one and one video call. I felt as if the interview process was not organized well. During the process it was a lot of moving around. Furthermore, the interview process was average. Employers were nice and the director was intimidating. However, it would've been nice to know what you were interviewing for beforehand. Apparently, I was being interviewed for 6 positions.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Mainly phone interviews - final on-site. HQ is in NY and most of the US management is in NY. Interviews were phone screen and then followed by meeting someone on-site.

Interview Questions

Interview

HR interview, hiring manager interview, Team member interview, followed by the lead director interview = Total 4 rounds of interviews. Mostly experience related and scenario based questions were asked in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses, Experience specific and high level case scenario questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Interview

Process took about a month, took a while to get final decision. Had an initial 1-1 interview on campus, followed by a dinner with the rest of the applicants from my school and 2 CS executives, followed by a Super Day consisting of 3 1-1 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member refused to do something on a project?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was your typical banking interview process. Since I was an out-of-state candidate, I did a few screens by phone and then eventually got taken out to New York. I would say that the process was more organized than the interview processes I went through at other banks.

Model Risk Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Referred by school job advisor and got a 15 min phone interview. It was a recruiter from CS. Asked very basic behavioral questions about my background and academic achievement. Why CS? Why risk? What makes you a good fit for the role.

Internal Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, meaning they reached out to me. I asked what the pay was for this position, since I was skeptical as to how much it paid based on the title. They proceeded to lie to me by telling me the position salary range was 25K than it was. Obviously, I did not learn that it was a lie, until the end of the process. I guess they thought I was desperate or was untruthful on my end. Neither of which were true. I even informed them of my current salary during this first interaction, too make sure we were not too far apart in the beginning and I was not wasting my time and neither were they.

After taking the internal recruiter's word for it, I went through the interview process. I had two phone interviews first, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. Both of which were really straight forward. There were no behavioral questions until the in person interview, which came after the two phone calls. The process took about 3-4 weeks.

After going through the interview process I was contacted by the same internal recruiter that had lied to me on the front end. I was told that I made it to the final round of interviewing and she wanted to know how low I could go for the salary I was asking for and I told her 1K off of the lowest point of the range provided on the front end. She proceeded to tell me the amount they could offer and I told her I made approximately 10K more than that right now, which she knew on the front end. At that point, they decided to quite wasting my time and theirs, by canceling my 4th interview.

Trade Surveillance QA Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Initial call with the recruiter, interview arranged with the hiring manager who cancelled, rescheduled and eventually did not attend the rescheduled call. Substitute manager interviewed with the rudest and most harsh interview tone I have ever faced throughout the career, did not even introduce himself till the end of the call. Passive aggressive and negative responses to the simplest of answers delivered.
    Do not intend to join and would never consider the company for a different role even in the future. Extremely unprofessional to sum it up.

Interview Questions

• Why are things done the way they are at the current position and company?   Answer Question
    • "How good are you technically?"   Answer Question
    • Asked to deliver a complex sql statement on call with using just a pen and paper.   Answer Question
    • "Why do you want to leave the current position?"   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

On campus interview was very casual, basic questions like tell me about yourself, walk me through the resume, tell me about the time you showed your technical skills. Asked me a few business orientated questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

On-Campus Interview, then flew into NY for Superday
    3 back to back interview, with people of varying levels from analyst to MD
    Hiring process is very structured once you get the offer