Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Interview

Process took about a month, took a while to get final decision. Had an initial 1-1 interview on campus, followed by a dinner with the rest of the applicants from my school and 2 CS executives, followed by a Super Day consisting of 3 1-1 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member refused to do something on a project?   Answer Question

Model Risk Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Referred by school job advisor and got a 15 min phone interview. It was a recruiter from CS. Asked very basic behavioral questions about my background and academic achievement. Why CS? Why risk? What makes you a good fit for the role.

Trade Surveillance QA Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Initial call with the recruiter, interview arranged with the hiring manager who cancelled, rescheduled and eventually did not attend the rescheduled call. Substitute manager interviewed with the rudest and most harsh interview tone I have ever faced throughout the career, did not even introduce himself till the end of the call. Passive aggressive and negative responses to the simplest of answers delivered.
    Do not intend to join and would never consider the company for a different role even in the future. Extremely unprofessional to sum it up.

Interview Questions

• Why are things done the way they are at the current position and company?   Answer Question
    • "How good are you technically?"   Answer Question
    • Asked to deliver a complex sql statement on call with using just a pen and paper.   Answer Question
    • "Why do you want to leave the current position?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

On campus interview was very casual, basic questions like tell me about yourself, walk me through the resume, tell me about the time you showed your technical skills. Asked me a few business orientated questions.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview with a HR person after applying online. The recruiter started with reading the job posting that was posted on the career page (verbatim without any change). Then the recruiter asked me about my work experience. I asked a couple of questions about Credit Suisse and hiring group/size/team communication - the recruiter did not have any clue and said I could ask the hiring manager. In the end the recruiter asked about my current compensation and I said I was not comfortable disclosing that at this point in the process - this was the first call with Credit Suisse. The recruiter said that we can not move forward without the previous salary and asked me to withdrew from the process. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The first round was very standard. They asked basic questions to get to know me and what I can offer to the company. The recruiter was very nice and when they came to my university to do the interviews, there was another lady who sat outside with us as we waited for our turn to go in. The people were overall great and the interview process was not difficult. Just prepare and research the company.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the VP of Tech and was behavioral. Started off by running through the resume and asking me about the previous work ex. A couple of situational questions in between and ended with a few questions from my work ex

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Even getting in contact with the hiring people was hard. Every person I contacted at the office and online was not very knowledgeable. After finally getting in contact, I met them a few times and was invited for the first round of interviews but not before I had to email them to say I never heard by the deadline. The interview was fine and pretty typical one on one. They used my resume as talking points and I asked some questions after. I never heard back by the second deadline again so I emailed my contact saying I never got a response. The only response they sent back was a generic email saying I was denied. It seemed very impersonal the whole time. At the office we got along well but communicating with them online seemed unprofessional and cold.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake that you caught that no one else did?   Answer Question

S&T Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online, reached out to some alums who work at the bank, and got a first round interview. People were nothing but nice. The interview was a one on one video conference for 30 minutes. I heard back approximately two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why S&T?
      What are you like in groups?
      What are your three best qualities?
      Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Morrisville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and straight to the point. More informative than probing, didn't ask a lot of personality questions. The whole interview lasted about an hour, interviewed with two department heads.