Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1,123 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Margin Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then four 30 minute interviews with managers, a VP, and the Director. All the interviewers were personable and fair and had prepared for the interviews. A lot of behavioral questions were asked and they wanted examples to follow it. The rest of each interview were questions regarding my work history and schooling.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one thing that is not on your resume that you think we should know.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and went through an accelerated process that consisted of an initial phone screen, insight day, then final round interview. The final round was only CV-based/conversational with no technicals.

I only write here because of the extremely unprofessional nature of my recruiting experience that led me to decline this firm. Firstly, for both the spring day and final round I had transportation difficulties. where I had scheduled my flight and interview through CS but only 3 days before received email from HR of a reception earlier that day. To make this I requested a flight change, but HR refused to accommodate, yelled at me over the phone, then cancelled my return trip (which I was not informed of)- I had to travel back and forth out of my own pocket.

More importantly my final round was forgotten. After waiting over a half hour in the waiting room, I requested to speak to the organizers, who informed me that my interviewer had arrived at the correct time, but "nobody had led me over" to the room in which he was waiting- so he eventually left. At this point, most senior bankers had gone home and organizers scrambled last-minute to find someone who would interview me. Upon completing the interview I was walked out by my interviewer himself because HR was nowhere in sight- they had also gone home.

HR/Recruiters must be more organized. Despite my (and any candidates) preparation I sensed a lack of respect for potential employees. I developed a rapport with the senior bankers, but the overall unprofessional experience was a source of motivation for accepting an offer elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through a Super Day interview process where I met five CS professionals (one from HR, and four individuals from the M&A group). The HR interview was behavioral, and the interviews with them M&A professionals were based on testing my knowledge of finance, accounting and math.

MBS Product Control Interview

Interview

There is a HR pre-screen, 1 phone interview with an associate, and then 1 onsite interview. There are three interviewers for the onsite interview. One person focused on product knowledge of MBS, one focused on behavioral, and another person asked very detailed questions from my resume

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email by a recruiter within days. Had a brief phone interview that was more informational than anything else, and was told that the position I had applied to was already wrapping up the recruitment process but that my resume would be kept on file. Was contacted about a week later with another position and had an in-person interview at the office. Interview was about an hour total, with two 30-minute sessions with the team leader an an assistant VP. Both were very friendly and asked all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you anticipated a risk and what steps you took to mitigate it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly simple interview process. In the first round one person left before my appointment has started. Final rounds are one on one, building is gloomy. HR is very sweet and helpful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

With London, UK office. 30-minute phone call for a 5-week academic internship with 2 AVPs who asked mostly behavioral questions but some market-based and hypothetical scenarios and were happy to answer all of my questions about CS and the group they worked in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screen by a contracted recruiting agency and then a phone screen by an employee of the company, specifically one with the title for the position for which I was interviewing. That would have lead to at least a second phone interview. Both phone interviews were slated for an hour.

I was offered a 2nd interview but declined as the way the first interviewer described the work, I felt there would be significant conflict in how I would approach the job vs. what the company wanted. They seem to be VERY tool oriented and not focused on process.

Interview Questions

• The person kept asking about use of specific tools in what was framed as a situational question and seemed to be seeking different answers than what I felt the question warranted.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR could have been more clear on about which position you are being considered. Also, it would've been nice if they give you a 24-48 hour notice about scheduling an interview. Besides that, the interview is a 2 hour process, 4 different rounds. 3 one on one and one video call. I felt as if the interview process was not organized well. During the process it was a lot of moving around. Furthermore, the interview process was average. Employers were nice and the director was intimidating. However, it would've been nice to know what you were interviewing for beforehand. Apparently, I was being interviewed for 6 positions.

IBCM Women's Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Invited to a first round phone interview, which is pretty casual. Mine was with a guy from one of the coverage groups. Mostly behavioral with 2-3 technical questions, one of which was difficult perhaps because I put on my resume some modeling experience. Heard back from recruiter about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why investment banking?
      What are the major valuation methods?   Answer Question