Credit Suisse IB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse IB Interview Questions

IB Operations - Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

I originally located the IB Operations - Analyst - Fixed Income position on Doostang, but I applied via the Credit Suisse (CS) website. I was subsequently contacted over the phone by a CS "Talent Acquisition Specialist" located in New York City (NYC). He did a short 5 minute screening on why I wanted to work for CS. A few days later I received an email from a Coordinator to schedule a number of interviews. I applied to only one position, but I was considered for two...

IB Operations - Analyst - Fixed Income:
    2.5 hrs of phone interviews with 3 Analysts, 1 Assistant Vice President, 1 Vice President

IB Operations - Analyst - Cross Product Settlements:
    1.5 hrs of phone interviews with 1 Analyst, 1 AVP, 1 VP

All of these interviews were squeezed into one day at my request. "Coordinator" was kind and able to work around my current job schedule. She was easily reachable and responded quickly to emails and phone calls.

Positions were both located in Raleigh, NC, but some of the interviews were with AVP or VP's from the New York City office. All interviews were done individually (1:1) over the phone via a dial-in 800 number. Questions for both interviews were essentially the same. Here are some of the questions for the Cross Product Settlements position.

Interviews were conducted on a Wednesday between 9am and 2pm PST.

Analyst:
    He mostly described the position to me and gave a good background of the firm.

Tell me a little about yourself.

AVP:
    Why Credit Suisse?

Why Operations?

Why do you want to relocate to Raleigh?

Tell me about a time when you showed client service skills.

Tell me about a time when you were in a group with a person who did not want to work as a team, and how did you deal with the situation?

Who is more important to you, the architect or the builder?

How well do you know Excel? (Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced? (See description below)
    Beginner - You can open a spreadsheet, add some cells, subtract, etc.
    Intermediate - You can use SUM, IF statements, VLOOKUP, Write formulas, etc.
    Advanced - You can do the above but also write/edit/troubleshoot Macros

VP:
    Tell me about a time when you completed an assignment that didn't benefit yourself.

Tell me about a time when you were treated unfairly and how you dealt with it.

Tell me about a time when you dealt with someone who was very difficult to work with.

Received a call Friday from a CS recruiter in Raleigh I had never spoken with. She described the following...

The Offer:
    40,000 USD base salary
    Half-time over time (approx. $9/hr for all work done over 40hrs)
    Bonus eligible (5-8% of base salary)
    15 days paid vacation
    11 paid holidays
    12 sick days
    Health Care: Blue Cross/Blue Shield
    401(k) (with up to $3,000/yr matching)
    Cafeteria (Necessary given the building's physical location)

Interview Questions

• Who is more important to you, the architect or the builder?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable likely because of the poor economy and large candidate pool.

IB Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Went to interview, along with 2 other candidates, to do a round robin with 3 directors. Interviews went really well. Questions mostly focused on personality and past experience, but they didn't hesitate to pry deeper on anything you said relating to courses, etc.

Was fairly confident in receiving an offer, however CS never reached back. I followed up, phone, email, and nothing. Apparently they went on a "hiring freeze" while new layoffs were going on, however I was really disappointed with the lack of professionalism to at least respond to my inquiries about the status of the position -- being that I was a final candidate.

Interview Questions

• None in particular -- just be prepared to back up anything you say with articulate, substantial thoughts. After walking through your resume they would target skills you claimed to have, and make you demonstrate it, such as valuation skills.   Answer Question

IB Ops BA/PM Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

HR phone interview (30m) - followed by three (30m each) in-person interviews. Started off with the basic questions of my current role etc, reason to leave, likes/dislikes, strengths/weakness as it pertains to the current role and why CS - I was also asked to give specific examples ( scenario based ) on how i managed and remediated an issue/ conflicts etc in a project-based environment. - questions on PLC, project management methodology, business analysis, requirements gathering, and interaction with external vendors. Overall the interview process was okay and the people i met were interesting and fun. I thought i did fairly decent on the interviews however HR didn't reply to my follow ups or phone calls for about a week and then i was told that they are too busy and will the let me know in a week. Quite disappointed the way HR handled it - however the people i interviewed with in-person were very knowledge and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What basic questions will you ask a business user during requirements gathering process and how would you translate these to technical specs ( at a high level ) before speaking with an external vendor?   Answer Question

Spring Insight Week Markets and IB Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online which included a cv and cover letter. You will then be expected to complete a numerical and verbal reasoning test. I was contacted by HR on the Monday and told I had an interview for that Thursday. The interview comprised of 2 half an hour telephone interviews. One of which was with a member of the IB team and one with a member of the Markets team. The interviews were mainly based on competency and motivational questions. Prepare to show your leadership, communication, time-management, convincing skills and the ability to work within and team and work under pressure. The interviewers were both extremely friendly compared to other interviews and flowed like a normal conversation. Word of advise before your interview, ensure you know what is happening in the markets and global economy and be able to give your views on these issues.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you demonstrated leadership when something went wrong. Just general competency questions the standard ones. Markets hardest question if not prepared would be name two current news stories affecting the economy/markets and give your opinion on them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on line and did immediately 2 on line test (one verbal and one with logic).

2 phone interviews. one with general questions (why Credit Suisse why IB...) the second more related to GM and last market news. I have been interviewed for a total of more than 3 hours

Interview Questions

• what is the value of 32 squared?

what is the price of CS shares?
      Answer Question

CRO Change Management Risk Process Systems IB Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Pune (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was nice. it was in Pune. The interview, AVP was very friendly and made the interview process comfortable. Kudos to him for that! First round face to face, next round telephonic with singapore team.I got a second round. Again both the interviewers from Singapore gave me a positive feedback. Next the HR told me that they are going forward with my profile and asked about current CTC. However, 20 days have past and I have not got any call from HR.
    She has stopped answering emails and picking my calls. Highly Unprofessional attitude. First she said it is positive and then without any reason, didnt revert back. So never rely on them till you get everything on paper.

Interview Questions

• What I liked in finance, Financial Statements, D/E ratio, leverage, 2-3 probability questions...coins flipping ones, 1 question on derivatives,,what are forwards and futures, 3-4 behavioral questions like how to handles conflicts in office etc., knowledge of excel, ppt, sql..It was an easy interview.   Answer Question

IB Ops Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2010.

Interview

First was a phone interview that was rather short followed by a sceond round of interview. Competency qns and no technical.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2010.

Interview

Interview with line manager, quantitative strategists and developers from structure products trading and sales. phone interview initially and face to face once the phone interview was passed.

Questions around, previous work experience , skills and business knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Whats an OTC product, explain difference between forward and a future   1 Answer