Credit Suisse Sales and Trading Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Sales and Trading Intern Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

they interview was very technical. They asked about stocks you would invest in and why. they also asked about how you felt about the future of the economy and where the S&P will be in a year. They randomly asked you about current events that were going on in the US and how you felt about them. Very tough for a first round intern position

Interview Questions

• What exact number will the S&P be at in a year and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Boston, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

First interview was with a senior trader - very informal, all fit, mostly cared about your particular reasons and interests in Credit Suisse, and why them over other i-banks. Final round - was a 1 to 1 interview with 8 different sales personnel and traders in the office (they promised 3-4 over the phone). one was a stress interview, where i was asked to interview him about anything. no math, no brainteasers, only behavioral, weakness, fit, love for Credit Suisse, and situational (if you sold someone faulty share of Toyota and they tanked, what would you say).

Interview Questions

• If you sold a client shares of Toyota, and they tanked the next day, how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

5 interviews, two in the morning and three in the evening

Sales Trading Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Tokyo (Japan)) in December 2011.

Interview

First two phone interviews were a lot of fit, and what was going on in the world (ie, European debt crisis). Actually, first 30 minute interview was half current events--in addition to Europe, general questions about Japan's economy/market/general issues. Wanted to know about any jobs not on my resume, like a summer job. Wanted to know what my most "difficult" job (paid or unpaid) was. Time I resolved a conflict with people, etc (have to deal with people a lot in the position). Second interview was only 15 minutes, basically just "tell me about yourself" and pitching a stock, as well as solving a conflict in a position I was in. Both asked "Why finance, why sales trading." Was informed I had two "final" interviews--one was in Japanese (I'm not business fluent so this was difficult), questions about the markets, why finance, Europe and Japan, some about myself. Last one was a video via skype in English, and asked what my least favorite finance class was. It was weird, guy was late to the call.
    Whole experience was positive til the last one.

Interview Questions

• What's going on in Europe?--follow up, why doesn't Germany want to be part of a "Eurobond"?   Answer Question
    • What's the hardest job you've had and why?   Answer Question