Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
1,123 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

One hour plus of intensive and varied challenging questions, on style, approach, how I tackled issues, how I achieved success. The managing of stakeholders and sponsors, what tools I used, what, why and how did they work. Which tools and techniques do I prefer, what are their strengths and weaknesses.
    Plus a general cherry picking of my CV of what did I do at such an establishment. Checks on business and industry concepts, where the interviewer was clearly very theoretically knowledgeable. Plus a warning on how challenging this role will be.
    Later, followed by another interview from a Technical lead on a variety of automation tools.

Interview Questions

• How did I bring a number of these red flagged projects back on track.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process, it was set conditions. There was a delay as the offered job was then withdrawn and cancelled. This is because that department was being closed down due to budget cuts. It was later re-opened and advertised again. This was May 2012.

Trade Surveillance QA Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Initial call with the recruiter, interview arranged with the hiring manager who cancelled, rescheduled and eventually did not attend the rescheduled call. Substitute manager interviewed with the rudest and most harsh interview tone I have ever faced throughout the career, did not even introduce himself till the end of the call. Passive aggressive and negative responses to the simplest of answers delivered.
    Do not intend to join and would never consider the company for a different role even in the future. Extremely unprofessional to sum it up.

Interview Questions

• Why are things done the way they are at the current position and company?   Answer Question
    • "How good are you technically?"   Answer Question
    • Asked to deliver a complex sql statement on call with using just a pen and paper.   Answer Question
    • "Why do you want to leave the current position?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Standard 5 rounds including HR Recruitment. Includes min 3 direct reports of Hiring Manager. Sometime depending on role will include the Business being supported.Each interview lasted 30 to 60 minutes. Thank you letters recommended

Interview Questions

• Describe an important achievement   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary range per HR; bonus not documented

Accountant PERE Fund Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a conference call (no video) with an assistant VP and a senior manager. They introduced themselves very briefly. Only lasted 28 min instead the normal 1h. I spoke a lot to get to 28 mins, the interviewer barely said a word. Only 3 annoying fit questions, quite difficult to answer because they are not precise and the interviewer seemed to be bored and not interested. I was really prepared for it and failed miserably Also the interviewer tested my German that I had not really practiced for a few years. Overall very disappointed about this interview. I feel that they had their minds made up before even listening to me. I barely had a chance.

Interview Questions

• Present yourself. Why do you want to leave you current job? Why do want to move to (city)?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

The interview had 3 parts:
    1st part was an intro about the interviewers, team and job
    2nd part was a talk about the CV
    3rd part was Q&A about technical stuff, almost like an oral exam

Junior Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and after about 2 weeks they contact me by email for an interview, I had just a phone interview and then I didn't get the job, I got the answer after 2 months! The next step would be a 4 hours face-to-face technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Very technical question, about probability simulation, finanlcial risks and stock exchange of the company.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Mexico City (Mexico)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very tired
    Lasted one month
    Recommend to study the guide; Breaking into Wall Street
    Go with a nice tie, shoes and suit
    Review all of your finance notes
    each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes
    first you interview with the analysts, next step with associattes if you pass then with the MDs, if they are still not convinced they may apply an onlime finance exam

Interview Questions

• . What are the flaws with public company comparables?   1 Answer

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in June 2015.

Interview

The process more or less lasted for 5 weeks. Initially, I had to complete 2 online assessment tests, numerical and competency, at expert level. After completing the online assessment test, I was invited for the first round interview with the hiring hr and manager. Lots of questions, competency and technical, discussion also for the online tests results and the whole process lasted for 2 hours. Second interview was even more demanding it lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one time you had to compromise. Do you think you it was the right decision to compromise? Would you have done it differently today?   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview first with HR then with the Division Managers. The interview with HR was lasting about 1 hour, very friendly Interviewer and solely HR questions you know from all the Interview preparation books. The second interview with the managers was held with the head of the division and a manager and was solely about professional experience in the business area, interests in the business area and a spontaneous investment proposal. Things one can expect from an interview for an Equity Research position. The interviews were conducted in German as the position was for Zuerich.

Interview Questions

• In which asset would you currently take a long position if your investment horizon is 5 years. Make us a convincing proposal outlining the reasoning for your suggestion.   Answer Question

- Interest Rates Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very long process. Workshop followed by a generic S&T interview. Was offered an interview for a back office position that didn't require a degree (I have a BSc and a MA) and rejected, then invited to interview for a cool position that was cancelled two days before the scheduled interview because the position had been filled internally. After several more weeks was offered an interview in interest rates trading, which I couldn't reject because it was my last shot, however I knew that I was not at all qualified for the job. The job description did not contain any programming skills required.

The interview was very technical, they seemed to expect in depth interest rates trading knowledge that I obviously couldn't have (I worked in commodity trading before for a few months but never in rates). After the technical 3h (!!!) interview I got to met the hiring manager.
    "You don't have any programming skills? Wow, why did you think to apply for this position then? How did you get your previous trading job? How can you not know programming with a finance degree?"
    Useless to mention that my degree is in finance, not computer science, and that my previous employer (top tier investment bank that I quit by choice) had separate teams for trading and for programming (writing algorithms etc)... I didn't realize that the point of this interview was to stress me out (typical stress interview), so I stressed out extremely and therefore ruined my chances to get the job.

The pay would have been equal to what every MA graduate with no job experience would get even though I had 8 months full time experience in trading, however in the feedback they told me "we expected more given your experience" - so they didn't want to pay more for the experience, but expect more? There is something out of balance...

My originally really good impression of the company was ruined by the long process (mid March to end of May), the fact that I had to communicate with 4 different HR people that didn't seem to talk to each other, and also the invitation to a job interview that I was clearly not qualified for. After the interview, I had lost every interest to work for CS, so I wasn't even mad for the negative feedback.

Interview Questions

• What is the current 3m EONIA, SONIA, LIBOR, EURIBOR, Bund future etc. etc. rate?
      How do you value an OTC swap, when is your credit risk the biggest? How can you simulate that in a model?
      What do you know about Basel III?

and many more that I didn't understand and thus don't remember ;)   Answer Question