Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Interviews at Credit Suisse

1,536 Interview Reviews

2.9

Chief Data Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter on a Friday and received an interview request for the following Monday. At first the Hiring Manager implied he didn't receive my resume only an interview request and after a few minutes he "found" it. I don't know if he was trying to "deflect" from the fact that he hadn't read my resume but it quickly went downhill from there. He then asked what the recruiter told me about the role. Other than the job description the recruiter didn't have too much insight (not that I expected him to). Interviewer was borderline combative and did not hide that fact that he had an "attitude" after I mentioned most job descriptions rarely fully explain the role. Turns our he wrote the job description and once he finally explained the role he confirmed my point. Typically my interview experience has been the Hiring Manager starting off by explaining the role and what they are looking for in a candidate. They then ask questions about your experience as it relates to that.

This Hiring Manager acted like he could not understand my questions:
    Is this role responsible for data and analytics strategy for the group?
    How does this role interact with the team?

I've dealt with C-Level Executives (higher up than he is) my entire career. As candidates are also interviewing potential bosses; I was NOT impressed.

Interview Questions

• What did you get from the job description that I took the time to write?
      Do you have financial/investment banking experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview, and then visited the office for a "super day". Had two behavioral interviews and one case study interview. They asked fairly simple behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Pay and start time was set.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Easy interview. Operations is an easy job to land. Just have a strong resume hilighting time management, organization, and leadership. Don't mention front-office in interview. That pisses them of.

Why Operations? I said i like seeing things from start to finish. I like to try and make things more efficient.

Architect or builder ( or some other stupid question)?
    builder - have a vision, manage, and sit back and be able to accomplishment.

Interview Questions

• Picked out random positions from my resume and tested me on them.
      Asked me questions about where i saw myself in ten years at CS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$20/hr in rdu

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Very cut and dry process - one hour interview, split into two separate ones. First had two people in it - asked extremely boring questions, weaknesses, strengths, how do you go about solving a problem, leadership, etc. Second asked similar questions. Overall, it was an easy interview, however it showed a lack of creativity on their part and did not seem like an exciting job at all.

Interview Questions

The department the job was in did not seem like a good fit - the people who interviewed seemed boring.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward, except for the aptitude test which I hear they're no longer administering. I interviewed with 3 different division managers after my initial HR meeting. The questions were the usual what are your strengths and weaknesses. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Geneseo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Geneseo, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a single phone interview, and then a job offer. Quick and easy, but at one point the HR representative did neglect to tell me in a voicemail that she was calling to offer me the position, and I almost missed the opportunity due to her error.

Interview Questions

• They asked me for what I felt was the most important skill in any professional setting.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

The Interview process was very simple, two rounds of behavioral followed by super day. One HR interview and one with a managing director. The super day consisted of three thirty minute interviews with members of different departments. All interviews were behavioral, and were looking to see what you wanted to do. Make sure you really want to work in operations and make no mention of doing anything other than back office jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR via email saying that she would like to speak with me via phone. This is to confirm the minimal qualifications. n person interview was conducted by team manager/hiring manager and then briefly met the hiring manager's manager at the end.

Interview Questions

• Strength/weakness, scenario questions, leadership style, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not available

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

2 interviews, 1 with HR then the final one with managers. Took about 2 weeks then I got the offer. I was not sure what position I applied for since this was my 1st job out of college and I was placed in the Loans group. I enjoyed the experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

first was a very unexpected phone call interview very randomly one day, then from there received an email a few weeks later telling me i had the interview and to come the next day for an in person interview. interviewed with 3 people in person