Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017
1,166 Interview Reviews

2.9

MBS Product Control Interview

Interview

There is a HR pre-screen, 1 phone interview with an associate, and then 1 onsite interview. There are three interviewers for the onsite interview. One person focused on product knowledge of MBS, one focused on behavioral, and another person asked very detailed questions from my resume

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email by a recruiter within days. Had a brief phone interview that was more informational than anything else, and was told that the position I had applied to was already wrapping up the recruitment process but that my resume would be kept on file. Was contacted about a week later with another position and had an in-person interview at the office. Interview was about an hour total, with two 30-minute sessions with the team leader an an assistant VP. Both were very friendly and asked all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you anticipated a risk and what steps you took to mitigate it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly simple interview process. In the first round one person left before my appointment has started. Final rounds are one on one, building is gloomy. HR is very sweet and helpful.

Interview Questions

• If you had 100M, how would you invest it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

With London, UK office. 30-minute phone call for a 5-week academic internship with 2 AVPs who asked mostly behavioral questions but some market-based and hypothetical scenarios and were happy to answer all of my questions about CS and the group they worked in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screen by a contracted recruiting agency and then a phone screen by an employee of the company, specifically one with the title for the position for which I was interviewing. That would have lead to at least a second phone interview. Both phone interviews were slated for an hour.

I was offered a 2nd interview but declined as the way the first interviewer described the work, I felt there would be significant conflict in how I would approach the job vs. what the company wanted. They seem to be VERY tool oriented and not focused on process.

Interview Questions

• The person kept asking about use of specific tools in what was framed as a situational question and seemed to be seeking different answers than what I felt the question warranted.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR could have been more clear on about which position you are being considered. Also, it would've been nice if they give you a 24-48 hour notice about scheduling an interview. Besides that, the interview is a 2 hour process, 4 different rounds. 3 one on one and one video call. I felt as if the interview process was not organized well. During the process it was a lot of moving around. Furthermore, the interview process was average. Employers were nice and the director was intimidating. However, it would've been nice to know what you were interviewing for beforehand. Apparently, I was being interviewed for 6 positions.

IBCM Women's Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Invited to a first round phone interview, which is pretty casual. Mine was with a guy from one of the coverage groups. Mostly behavioral with 2-3 technical questions, one of which was difficult perhaps because I put on my resume some modeling experience. Heard back from recruiter about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why investment banking?
      What are the major valuation methods?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Mainly phone interviews - final on-site. HQ is in NY and most of the US management is in NY. Interviews were phone screen and then followed by meeting someone on-site.

Interview Questions

Interview

HR interview, hiring manager interview, Team member interview, followed by the lead director interview = Total 4 rounds of interviews. Mostly experience related and scenario based questions were asked in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses, Experience specific and high level case scenario questions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was surprisingly easy particularly for the finance industry. I met with HR, then the COO and was hired within 24 hours. Of course I had to go through a background screen and a drug screen on my first start day. The process moved quickly. Amanda in HR was amazing and very personable. It was a good interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage a busy, stressful desk.   1 Answer