Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,151 Interview Reviews

2.9

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was your typical banking interview process. Since I was an out-of-state candidate, I did a few screens by phone and then eventually got taken out to New York. I would say that the process was more organized than the interview processes I went through at other banks.

Model Risk Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Referred by school job advisor and got a 15 min phone interview. It was a recruiter from CS. Asked very basic behavioral questions about my background and academic achievement. Why CS? Why risk? What makes you a good fit for the role.

Internal Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, meaning they reached out to me. I asked what the pay was for this position, since I was skeptical as to how much it paid based on the title. They proceeded to lie to me by telling me the position salary range was 25K than it was. Obviously, I did not learn that it was a lie, until the end of the process. I guess they thought I was desperate or was untruthful on my end. Neither of which were true. I even informed them of my current salary during this first interaction, too make sure we were not too far apart in the beginning and I was not wasting my time and neither were they.

After taking the internal recruiter's word for it, I went through the interview process. I had two phone interviews first, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. Both of which were really straight forward. There were no behavioral questions until the in person interview, which came after the two phone calls. The process took about 3-4 weeks.

After going through the interview process I was contacted by the same internal recruiter that had lied to me on the front end. I was told that I made it to the final round of interviewing and she wanted to know how low I could go for the salary I was asking for and I told her 1K off of the lowest point of the range provided on the front end. She proceeded to tell me the amount they could offer and I told her I made approximately 10K more than that right now, which she knew on the front end. At that point, they decided to quite wasting my time and theirs, by canceling my 4th interview.

Trade Surveillance QA Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Initial call with the recruiter, interview arranged with the hiring manager who cancelled, rescheduled and eventually did not attend the rescheduled call. Substitute manager interviewed with the rudest and most harsh interview tone I have ever faced throughout the career, did not even introduce himself till the end of the call. Passive aggressive and negative responses to the simplest of answers delivered.
    Do not intend to join and would never consider the company for a different role even in the future. Extremely unprofessional to sum it up.

Interview Questions

• Why are things done the way they are at the current position and company?   Answer Question
    • "How good are you technically?"   Answer Question
    • Asked to deliver a complex sql statement on call with using just a pen and paper.   Answer Question
    • "Why do you want to leave the current position?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

On campus interview was very casual, basic questions like tell me about yourself, walk me through the resume, tell me about the time you showed your technical skills. Asked me a few business orientated questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

On-Campus Interview, then flew into NY for Superday
    3 back to back interview, with people of varying levels from analyst to MD
    Hiring process is very structured once you get the offer

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview with a HR person after applying online. The recruiter started with reading the job posting that was posted on the career page (verbatim without any change). Then the recruiter asked me about my work experience. I asked a couple of questions about Credit Suisse and hiring group/size/team communication - the recruiter did not have any clue and said I could ask the hiring manager. In the end the recruiter asked about my current compensation and I said I was not comfortable disclosing that at this point in the process - this was the first call with Credit Suisse. The recruiter said that we can not move forward without the previous salary and asked me to withdrew from the process. Very unprofessional.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the VP of Tech and was behavioral. Started off by running through the resume and asking me about the previous work ex. A couple of situational questions in between and ended with a few questions from my work ex

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The first round was very standard. They asked basic questions to get to know me and what I can offer to the company. The recruiter was very nice and when they came to my university to do the interviews, there was another lady who sat outside with us as we waited for our turn to go in. The people were overall great and the interview process was not difficult. Just prepare and research the company.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Even getting in contact with the hiring people was hard. Every person I contacted at the office and online was not very knowledgeable. After finally getting in contact, I met them a few times and was invited for the first round of interviews but not before I had to email them to say I never heard by the deadline. The interview was fine and pretty typical one on one. They used my resume as talking points and I asked some questions after. I never heard back by the second deadline again so I emailed my contact saying I never got a response. The only response they sent back was a generic email saying I was denied. It seemed very impersonal the whole time. At the office we got along well but communicating with them online seemed unprofessional and cold.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake that you caught that no one else did?   Answer Question