Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017
1,068 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for the Singapore IBCM internship program (early application). Had a very positive experience. Submitted an application and was required to complete the numerical and verbal online tests within 48 hours of submission.

Since I was not available to go in for an in-person interview, I had all of my interviews over the phone.

Had a total of 3 phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      What are the three financial statements? How are they important?
      How do you work in a team?
      Tell me about your biggest failure.
      What traits do you look for in a team member?
      What traits do you lack that would inhibit you from being a "good" team member?
      Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Introduced myself according to my resume;
    2. Asked some details of my interns and projects, very detailed;
    3. My time to ask questions. I asked what is the specific details of the intern job.

Credit Suisse Capital Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

fairly quick process (2 weeks), 1st round interview was over video and mainly asked fit questions with a few questions about the Fed. Superday was almost mainly fit and then a few questions about the direction of the markets. The behavioral questions were mostly about past leadership opportunities, why I was the best candidate for Credit Suisse, and my favorite economics class I had taken. They got back to me within one week of the superday

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the market going in one year from now?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with various levels of employees across the bank. Standard interview process, mostly to gauge work ethic and ability to succeed in a high stress environment. Typically 5 rounds before getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Great strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Quantitative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a 90 minutes exam with 27 problems. For those did wrong, full points will be subtracted. It contains four parts: math & statistics, finance, math finance and C++. Each part has 6-7 problems, and 1 - 3 points are assigned to every problem due to their difficulty. For the math part, actually you do not need to fully calculate the answer. Just a preliminary estimation will be enough to choose the right answer from five choices.

Interview Questions

• How to delete a pointer created?   1 Answer

Capital Market Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back in about 4 weeks. Had 1 in phone then an in person interview a few days later at their New York office. In person was more behavioral and some technical. Need to understand the market on a basic level. In person had an interview with someone on debt side and equity side of capital market. Debt was less technical than equity. Really need to understand valuation and was given quite a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given Ebit and debt how would you validate this company?   Answer Question

Asset Management Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Very nice people and nice team. Most questions are about resumes and fit. Technicals are most related to your past internship experiences. However, lean team and competitive year. 1 out of 10 from my school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for summer analyst role in New York, NY. Two 30 minute 1-to-1 interviews. 1 technical questions. Mostly questions based on resume. One interview asked questions on basic bond math. Both interviewers asked about deals in the market that I have been following.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application, resume and cover letter. Had first round interview on campus. Met with someone who was very nice seemed engaging. We talked about some of my hobbies and where they overlapped with his. I got asked if I could have dinner with three people (dead or alive) who would it be? Thought I did well but ultimately was never asked for a super day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, two skype interviews, increasing seniority as you progress further. Was very short, brief, and like a conversation - lots of fit questions, very few technical questions, just your opinion on the markets. Had a lot of time to ask questions at the end - very friendly. Skype interview towards the end, phone call first.