Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Credit Suisse

1,536 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Started off with a behavioral phone interview which was really easy. Then got invited for their super day in the North Carolina office which consisted of 2 more behavioral interviews and one "case" interview. I say "case" because instead of a typical problem they have you solve, they asked me a list of odd questions. All the people were extremely nice and helpful but the "case" caught me off guard

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a leader and there was a dispute among your team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Even getting in contact with the hiring people was hard. Every person I contacted at the office and online was not very knowledgeable. After finally getting in contact, I met them a few times and was invited for the first round of interviews but not before I had to email them to say I never heard by the deadline. The interview was fine and pretty typical one on one. They used my resume as talking points and I asked some questions after. I never heard back by the second deadline again so I emailed my contact saying I never got a response. The only response they sent back was a generic email saying I was denied. It seemed very impersonal the whole time. At the office we got along well but communicating with them online seemed unprofessional and cold.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake that you caught that no one else did?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Morrisville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and straight to the point. More informative than probing, didn't ask a lot of personality questions. The whole interview lasted about an hour, interviewed with two department heads.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was on the phone since I lived too far away. That interview was basically to tell me what the job is and what they are looking for. Second interview was in person and I was interviewed by the VP and AVP on the team separately. The interview was 1 hour and I was called about two days later to say that I was offered the position. I negotiated and they moved a little bit but not much.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose operations?
      Why do you want to work for an investment bank?

Basically just wanted to make sure I was capable of learning systems and had tough skin due to clients that could be difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online junior year, had one Skype interview and was then invited to NY for a day interview. In NY we were around 20 applicants and had a presentation from a managing director and 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case study) lunch was served and current analyst attended to answer questions

Interview Questions

• Why operations?
      Have you ever handled and ethically challenging situation? How?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

Very standard and average in difficulty. But this was. Ten years ago for an entry level position for a very junior role offered to fresh out of college graduates. The process is a bit more challenging now a days with more senior roles that I have participated as an interviewer personally

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Receive email to schedule phone screening. Phone interview with the recruiter. Mostly Walk through resume. Then, talk about the details of the position, and the approximate hourly salary. After a few days, my resume was rejected by the hiring manager.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Came in to the NYC office for two hours. Interviewed with 6 people, 3 of which were at the same time. Very technical, not a lot of friendly interaction.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions based on your resume. Had an one and half hour session with three hiring managers. people were so friendly. explained clearly everything about the specific role and the job. no technical questions as such. Overall, it was a very good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• no questions like that. be sure of what you are giving in your resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2014.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview of behavioral questions. I was then invited to Raleigh for 3 back to back 30 minute interviews. There were several technical questions as well as the usual behavioral ones. They had snacks, and gave a mileage reimbursement for travel.

Interview Questions

• One of the most interesting questions was: "How does the city figure out how much salt they need to prepare for a snowstorm?"   Answer Question