Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,078 Interview Reviews

2.9

Production Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Research Triangle Park, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

There was one call from HR that discussed basic skill set. There was then a second over-the-phone interview from the hiring manager and the team lead. They asked me a few questions related to UNIX and SQL, as well as some basic problem solving skills. The 3rd and final interview was on-site where the did some more in-depth SQL and unix questions.

Interview Questions

• How to write a basic join query.
      How to compare the difference between two files in a unix server.
      Various other basic SQL/UNIX questions
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Brief phone interview in March with superday day 3 months later. CS was very communicative throughout the whole process and they got back to me a week after my superday. Recruiters were very responsive as well as the people I talked to at CS and the process was very simple/easy.
    (interviewed for NYC office)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied online and received an invitation for an Initial phone screen to determine fit and provide hiring manager with candidate stream. The interview was 30 minutes, short and easy, however even though I felt like it went well and I was a good fit, I didn't get a follow up. I have heard that candidates should not answer salary expectations directly and rather defer until later in the hiring process, however, I was asking less than my previous employment due to easier commute and my perceived company / position value.

Junior Business Analyst Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

I had an invitation to phone interview with HR about 2 weeks after I initially applied for the position. HR asked me questions, filled me in on other positions open, and made a note to the hiring managers that have those openings as well. HR said they will get back to me within a week or so, however, they have yet to get back to me and it's been almost a month since the phone interview. It would have been much better if they decided to email me a rejection rather than leave me hanging after they claimed they would get back to me within a week.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

CS flew me out to NY for all day meetings with several managers from different business areas. The entire process took about 3 weeks before getting an offer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very thorough process. Went through 7 conversations some on the phone and some in person. All discussions were with Director or MD level. Process took about 3 months during summer. HR was very communicative and kept following up and moving things along.

Overall the process felt well managed. MD was very nice and sold the group and seemed very pleasant. Saw lots of diverse faces and overall impression was that people who were interviewing had long and rewarding careers in many different roles and regions with the bank.

Interview Questions

• Questions included:
      Tell me about yourself
      Why do you think you would be good for this job?
      Explain what you think the role is about?
      What do you think it will take to be good in this role?
      How will your prior experience play into this role?

No technical questions. Very good listeners who asked situational and experience related questions.
      Answer Question

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial screening / phone interview with human resources followed by multiple in person interviews on-site at Credit Suisse. Depending on the interviewer, interviews can range between thirty minutes to an hour or more. May require visiting the office multiple times depending on the availability of management and those you might be working with. Overall a typical, strong level of interviewing questions (see below), not overly technical or SME based questions but thorough and in depth, well organized interviews, covering a lot of ground and behavioral / case interview type questions.

Interview Questions

• Experience with similar type projects / products in prior employment? Where do you want to be in five years? How do you plan to approach managing your own career?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward, except for the aptitude test which I hear they're no longer administering. I interviewed with 3 different division managers after my initial HR meeting. The questions were the usual what are your strengths and weaknesses. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. So, it was a scheduled phone interview. HR called at the appointed time.
    Then I was asked a few common questions, except "What was your last salary ?".

Interview Questions

• What was your salary in the previous company ?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I came in for 30-minute back-to-back interviews with 4 managers. They were SO respectful and made me feel appreciated. By the time the interviews were over, I knew I really wanted to work there. The HR recruiter came in last and asked if I would take a certain salary and I turned it down. I think they like for potential candidates to negotiate. I received a call the next day with an offer for the salary I told them I would accept.