Credit Suisse Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

3.2

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2016.

Interview

In order to get the interview had to meet and get on the phone with a number of analysts, and talk about your interests in the internship. I got an on campus interview and it was extremely technical. Basically just walk me through your resume and then the rest of the interview was technical.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Three interviews that were two short. I had entered the NYU Case competition, which despite the amount of work necessary to win it, They are not interested in anything more than knowing a few fart brothers already on the analyst team

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Standard on-campus recruiting process at target school for summer internship that led to full time job. Consistent of two 30 minute interviews held on campus and one dinner the night before the final round. Very standard, predictable questions. I would recommend reading the Vault guide and preparing detailed responses ahead of time because there is very little room for error in the short process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working long hours?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Straightforward, Friendly. Given that I already had another pending offer from the same division at a rival bank, they kept the interview straight-forward. Was geared towards making me meet as many people as possible. No technical questions, but if you already have experience there is no point anyways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied to the Singapore office. 3 phone interviews with analysts and associates in Singapore, followed by a super day in NYC. The super day consisted for 4-5 30 min interviews with Managing Directors. The entire process only took a week. Questions ranged from typical behavioral questions, to more complicated and advanced technical concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Contacted to go up to NYC to the office. First we had this lunch and networking, and then there was a series of interviews. I had three interviews overall, each took about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral/fit questions. Interviewers were nice and I think they did a good job of providing a welcoming and not-too-intense atmosphere so that you felt comfortable before going in to the interview.

Interview Questions

• You are six months into your summer internship and I call you into my office, why am I letting you go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Providence, RI) in December 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with three bankers from Credit Suisse - Hong Kong office. Female interviewers tend to ask more behavioral questions, while male interviewers tend to ask technical questions, which usually involve financial accounting, company evaluations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Typical question: walk me through three financial statements.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

One round on campus and one final round in person. Final round was 3 interviews - 2 two on ones and 1 one on one. Typical investment banking questions with a lot of fit questions. Be prepared to answer why a certain region, group or product.

Interview Questions

• If a company acquires another company with a lower P/E ratio, is the deal accretive or dilutive?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Standard package, no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with two of the vice presidents on the team I was joining. After being asked back to the final rounds, I had a super day in Raleigh at their offices. Once in Raleigh, I had several 1:1 interviews with members of the team that I joined.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a particular industry you think will grow over the next few years and why?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

All fit, no technical in both 1st round and superday. There was a case interview as one of the superday interviews though.