Credit Suisse Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

3.2

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

first they do a resume screening
then you go for a first round interview on campus
if they like you then you go on to the superday
sometimes you will get a bad interviewer who does not know the technicals he's asking and you'll get screwed

Interview Questions

• basic technicals but the interviewer screwed it up and had the wrong solutions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewer, an Associate called me one hour before the scheduled interview. The interviewer was rude and tried to make the interview finish as quickly as possible. I believe the interviewer is not professional and I believe that the hiring process should be better.

Interview Questions

• You have a STEM background, why did you apply as an IB Analyst?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2016.

Interview

In order to get the interview had to meet and get on the phone with a number of analysts, and talk about your interests in the internship. I got an on campus interview and it was extremely technical. Basically just walk me through your resume and then the rest of the interview was technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Three interviews that were two short. I had entered the NYU Case competition, which despite the amount of work necessary to win it, They are not interested in anything more than knowing a few fart brothers already on the analyst team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

3 interviews on final round. 2 behaviorals and 1 behavioral/case. Seemed to be more about fit and basic understanding of IB. Make sure you network well. If you can do the case competition then do that as well.

Interview Questions

• If you had 10 minutes with a CEO of a firm and you needed to peeform due diligence, what questions would you ask?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Standard on-campus recruiting process at target school for summer internship that led to full time job. Consistent of two 30 minute interviews held on campus and one dinner the night before the final round. Very standard, predictable questions. I would recommend reading the Vault guide and preparing detailed responses ahead of time because there is very little room for error in the short process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working long hours?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Straightforward, Friendly. Given that I already had another pending offer from the same division at a rival bank, they kept the interview straight-forward. Was geared towards making me meet as many people as possible. No technical questions, but if you already have experience there is no point anyways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied to the Singapore office. 3 phone interviews with analysts and associates in Singapore, followed by a super day in NYC. The super day consisted for 4-5 30 min interviews with Managing Directors. The entire process only took a week. Questions ranged from typical behavioral questions, to more complicated and advanced technical concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Contacted to go up to NYC to the office. First we had this lunch and networking, and then there was a series of interviews. I had three interviews overall, each took about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral/fit questions. Interviewers were nice and I think they did a good job of providing a welcoming and not-too-intense atmosphere so that you felt comfortable before going in to the interview.

Interview Questions

• You are six months into your summer internship and I call you into my office, why am I letting you go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Providence, RI) in December 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with three bankers from Credit Suisse - Hong Kong office. Female interviewers tend to ask more behavioral questions, while male interviewers tend to ask technical questions, which usually involve financial accounting, company evaluations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Typical question: walk me through three financial statements.   Answer Question