Credit Suisse Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very thorough and probing questions. There were two rounds. First round focused mainly on my past experience, why this role and skills I bring to the job. The second round interview was rather technical with questions mainly around taxes and valuation.

Interview Questions

• As a shareholder how would you think of dividends vs. a share-buyback plan?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of very technical finance questions. Went through multiple rounds. Met the entire office on the second round. The most technical of all the banks. Very focused on leveraged finance (less focused on M&A). Very limited on fit questions. They decide if they like your fit before you come in for the interview. Moelis had a very similar interview style.

Interview Questions

• DCF reviews, Leveraged finance questions, how would you finance a xmas tree farm. Some M&A questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (West Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Typical networking through MBA program followed by first round on campus and super day in the office. It is critical to do many informational interviews in order to get a first round interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical technical IB questions, but heavy on leveraged finance   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Attended several events prior to application. Called for superday. Mainly behavioral questions. Interviewed with 2 EDs, 1 VP and 1 MD. Asked about team conflicts, what scares you the most about banking, why raise debt versus equity, two companies with 2 different debt levels - which ones has higher cost of capital

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The actual Interview process was fairly short. The interviews were done in just 1 round (on-campus). Focus was to meet a lot of people from the Company through on-campus events and office visits so more people from the Company can value

Interview Questions

• How do you value a Company?
      What happens if your analyst refuses to work on your projects? How would you handle that?
      Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2009.

Interview

I interviewed in the NY office after graduating from business school. Their offices are nice but not as nice as some other banks. I met with another associate, two VPs, and two MDs. Overall very professional guys. A mix of quant and fit interviews.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through some models that you made.   1 Answer
    • Tell us a joke.   2 Answers

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call after 1 month. I had a brief phone interview for 25 minutes, and after that I had a 1:1. The 1:1 was challenging and the were very demanding in their questions.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Ten or more separate interviews from senior managing director down to junior vice president. Early morning starts. Met some of my more junior prospective colleagues at their desk which was unusual for M&A hiring. Process was very slick and quick with HR doing a good job.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about relevant deal experience and which of their clients and prospective clients I already know or was working with at my then current employer   1 Answer