Credit Suisse Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Onsite Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Got headhunted by your direct recruiter, put my CV through the system. Got a call from the people that organises interviews, given short notice to attend interview but attended. Did a 3 hour test, consisting of powerpoint, excel, word, proofing test. Direct Recruiter did not bother to get back to me to either give me good or bad, had to sent an email asking, no response in which I found really rude. Advice to Direct Recruiter do give your candidate an call to follow even if is good or bad as this is considered very rude as you go out of way to attend at such short notice to be given nothing!!

Java Contract Developer(Giraffe Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

An agent contacted me and asked me if I wanted to work for Credit Suisse.
    I said yes And he sent me a coding exercise. The code exercise was very simple I did very well in a TDD and BDD way. But they never got back to me. Extremely dissapointed, I asked the agent for feedback and I waited for 5 weeks, they never gave any feedback to me.

I said please tell me whatever they said about me even if is bad, I spent my saturday morning coding for you and you didn't tell me anything. They said that the managers are really busy.

Very arrogant and unprofessional to don't provide a single line of feedback. Very dissapointed with credit Suisse. I can't understand how do they consider that team agile if they are not capable on giving feedback to a code interview.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are working as a programmer for a company called Silver Bars Marketplace and you have just received a new requirement.

In it we would like to display to our users how much demand for silver bars there is on the market. To do this we would like to have a 'Live Order Board', that could provide us with the following functionality:

Register an order. Order must contain these fields:
      user id
      order quantity (e.g.: 3.5 kg)
      price per kg (e.g.: £303)
      order type: BUY or SELL
      Cancel a registered order - this will remove the order from 'Live Order Board'
      Get summary information of live orders (see explanation below) Imagine we have received the following orders:
      a) SELL: 3.5 kg for £306 [user1] b) SELL: 1.2 kg for £310 [user2] c) SELL: 1.5 kg for £307 [user3] d) SELL: 2.0 kg for £306 [user4]

Our ‘Live Order Board’ should provide us the following summary information:

5.5 kg for £306 // order a) + order d)
      1.5 kg for £307 // order c)
      1.2 kg for £310 // order b)
      The first thing to note here is that orders for the same price should be merged together (even when they are from different users). In this case it can be seen that order a) and d) were for the same amount (£306) and this is why only their sum (5.5 kg) is displayed (for £306) and not the individual orders (3.5 kg and 2.0 kg).

The last thing to note is that for SELL orders the orders with lowest prices are displayed first. Opposite is true for the BUY orders.   1 Answer

AES Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

First I received a phone interview with one of the analysts at this desk, lasting for about 50 mins, but I thought it normally will last about 30 mins.
    Then I got the invitation to the final round on- site interview with 4 people within 2 hours.(2 people at a time for 1 hour)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online or throw employability service at your university. It was mock interview. Credit Suisse as financial institute require have minimum accounting, banking or financial experience.
    Although that they have positions others than financing like marketing, PR, editing, researching.
    Do you research of the company, market and position before. Be confident with market figures and be on date of market news.

Interview Questions

• IQ test a part of 30 min PC test
      You have scale, 9 bowls, one is gold and you can use scale only twice. You can touch the bowls. How to find the gold bowl?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online test, then invited to a full day at their office in London. The morning consists of 2x30 minute interviews, mostly competency based but they do ask some questions about what is happening in the markets, etc. They cut about a two thirds of candidates at lunch time. If you make the cut, you have 3 more 30 m interviews, similiar to the ones in the morning

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, received a telephone interview. Had a telephone interview with two people; both weren't as technical as I'd hoped them to be, although one was a lot more technical than the other.

Interview Questions

• Why Credit Suisse?
      Why technology?
      How will you fit into your role?   Answer Question

Ops Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Screening and Line Manager . First Interview went well as was told by hiring manager that I would be called in for a second for sure. Then no news and I chased up and was told they are still interviewing others. And after 2 months plus an automated response saying I wasn't successful. When I wrote back to ask was told it went to an internal candidate. Very inefficiently run and with no courtesy to directly contact to inform me.

Interview Questions

• CV and experience and what I can bring.   1 Answer

Autumn Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

2x 30 minutes interview. 1 was competency based, second was more technical. Valuation questions, especially regarding DCF. Also question about the market in general, so what are currently the main themes in the industry.

Interview Questions

• What does r stand for in the discount rate?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application, online tests and two rounds of face to face interviews, each round with 2 interviews each with different interviewers.
    For me luckily I was not asked anything too technical. First face-to-face round was completely competency based and second was similar. Both interviewers in the second round asked me about the recent (at the time) increase in the US interest rates and how it would affect society.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you did something wrong but nobody knew about it.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I made the application online and was invited to a full day of interviews in London 4 weeks later. During the morning we had 2 interviews, both of them were very competency and personality focused,that lasted 30 minutes each. It is important to be enthusiast and cheering. Everyone was very nice with me and there was a very good environment.

Interview Questions

• Almost everything competency (why IBD, what kind of leader am I...), a bit about market situation and brainteaser: if you have one a cube that is made of 6x6x6 little cubes and you put it into paint, how many cubes would get painted?   Answer Question