Credit Suisse Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online or throw employability service at your university. It was mock interview. Credit Suisse as financial institute require have minimum accounting, banking or financial experience.
    Although that they have positions others than financing like marketing, PR, editing, researching.
    Do you research of the company, market and position before. Be confident with market figures and be on date of market news.

Interview Questions

• IQ test a part of 30 min PC test
      You have scale, 9 bowls, one is gold and you can use scale only twice. You can touch the bowls. How to find the gold bowl?
      1 Answer

Equity Research Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in early October 2016. Completed online test in numerical and logical reasoning. Took a while to hear back, was invited to attend a first (and final) round assessment day in London office. Had 3 interviews with directors etc. All questions were competency and technical, with one brainteaser. Interviews were one on one, and the interviewers were all pleasant. The experience was positive and efficient overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about valuing a company and its stock?   1 Answer
    • What influenced your choice of stock investment (during a trading simulation)   1 Answer
    • Run me through your CV   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through a grad careers page, was invited to an online test and then got a call from HR where she asked me a bunch of basic questions about why banking, why Credit Suisse, etc., and then a couple of questions about the market (all very easy to answer as long as you read the papers daily - which I highly suggest you do). At the end of the call I was invited for an assessment center which consisted of a small case study exercise, followed by 4 interviews for 4 different teams. I received offers from all four.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to do charity work? What did you do outside of studying? Why do you like corporate finance and "what's new" in corporate finance?   Answer Question

Real Returns Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Superb well organised hiring process and interviews. Information session providing ample opportunity to find out about company and culture directly from employees recently on programme. Followed by two competency based interviews in relevant business area. Good culture that promotes flexible working.

Personal.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online test, then invited to a full day at their office in London. The morning consists of 2x30 minute interviews, mostly competency based but they do ask some questions about what is happening in the markets, etc. They cut about a two thirds of candidates at lunch time. If you make the cut, you have 3 more 30 m interviews, similiar to the ones in the morning

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, received a telephone interview. Had a telephone interview with two people; both weren't as technical as I'd hoped them to be, although one was a lot more technical than the other.

Interview Questions

• Why Credit Suisse?
      Why technology?
      How will you fit into your role?
      Answer Question

Spring Insight Week Markets and IB Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online which included a cv and cover letter. You will then be expected to complete a numerical and verbal reasoning test. I was contacted by HR on the Monday and told I had an interview for that Thursday. The interview comprised of 2 half an hour telephone interviews. One of which was with a member of the IB team and one with a member of the Markets team. The interviews were mainly based on competency and motivational questions. Prepare to show your leadership, communication, time-management, convincing skills and the ability to work within and team and work under pressure. The interviewers were both extremely friendly compared to other interviews and flowed like a normal conversation. Word of advise before your interview, ensure you know what is happening in the markets and global economy and be able to give your views on these issues.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you demonstrated leadership when something went wrong. Just general competency questions the standard ones. Markets hardest question if not prepared would be name two current news stories affecting the economy/markets and give your opinion on them.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Telephone interview: one 30min interview with global markets and one 40 min interview with IBCM.
    Competency based questions, and asked about my CV and experience.
    Very friendly people interviewed me.
    Quick response - had the offer 3 days after my interview.
    No trick questions or hard knowledge questions.
    Would recommend having a few financial cases that you know very well about.

Ops Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Screening and Line Manager . First Interview went well as was told by hiring manager that I would be called in for a second for sure. Then no news and I chased up and was told they are still interviewing others. And after 2 months plus an automated response saying I wasn't successful. When I wrote back to ask was told it went to an internal candidate. Very inefficiently run and with no courtesy to directly contact to inform me.

Interview Questions

• CV and experience and what I can bring.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

1.Was provided some basic information and asked to prepare a business plan
    2. Invited for a one day assessment centre in London (Included case discussion, business plan review and one-on-one interview)
    2. Interview with hiring manager (Go through the business plan and answer questions)

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to be a Private Banker?
      2. Describe your network of targets/prospects?
      3. How do you intend to leverage on your network to build your book?
      4. Based on your understanding of the market you intend to cover, how would you propose CS to your targets/prospects?
      5. Personal questions about your family background and its suitability for private banking
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the internship offer is standard and none negotiable