Credit Suisse Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.9

128 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IBD Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After completing the online tests I was asked to come to their office for an assessment center. There were 5 interviews in total. All the interviewers asked fair questions which were in line with what you had on your CV. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF?   Answer Question
    • If you were to buy a house now, how would you assess whether you're being asked a fair price?   Answer Question

Onsite Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Got headhunted by your direct recruiter, put my CV through the system. Got a call from the people that organises interviews, given short notice to attend interview but attended. Did a 3 hour test, consisting of powerpoint, excel, word, proofing test. Direct Recruiter did not bother to get back to me to either give me good or bad, had to sent an email asking, no response in which I found really rude. Advice to Direct Recruiter do give your candidate an call to follow even if is good or bad as this is considered very rude as you go out of way to attend at such short notice to be given nothing!!

Java Contract Developer(Giraffe Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

An agent contacted me and asked me if I wanted to work for Credit Suisse.
    I said yes And he sent me a coding exercise. The code exercise was very simple I did very well in a TDD and BDD way. But they never got back to me. Extremely dissapointed, I asked the agent for feedback and I waited for 5 weeks, they never gave any feedback to me.

I said please tell me whatever they said about me even if is bad, I spent my saturday morning coding for you and you didn't tell me anything. They said that the managers are really busy.

Very arrogant and unprofessional to don't provide a single line of feedback. Very dissapointed with credit Suisse. I can't understand how do they consider that team agile if they are not capable on giving feedback to a code interview.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are working as a programmer for a company called Silver Bars Marketplace and you have just received a new requirement.

In it we would like to display to our users how much demand for silver bars there is on the market. To do this we would like to have a 'Live Order Board', that could provide us with the following functionality:

Register an order. Order must contain these fields:
      user id
      order quantity (e.g.: 3.5 kg)
      price per kg (e.g.: £303)
      order type: BUY or SELL
      Cancel a registered order - this will remove the order from 'Live Order Board'
      Get summary information of live orders (see explanation below) Imagine we have received the following orders:
      a) SELL: 3.5 kg for £306 [user1] b) SELL: 1.2 kg for £310 [user2] c) SELL: 1.5 kg for £307 [user3] d) SELL: 2.0 kg for £306 [user4]

Our ‘Live Order Board’ should provide us the following summary information:

5.5 kg for £306 // order a) + order d)
      1.5 kg for £307 // order c)
      1.2 kg for £310 // order b)
      The first thing to note here is that orders for the same price should be merged together (even when they are from different users). In this case it can be seen that order a) and d) were for the same amount (£306) and this is why only their sum (5.5 kg) is displayed (for £306) and not the individual orders (3.5 kg and 2.0 kg).

The last thing to note is that for SELL orders the orders with lowest prices are displayed first. Opposite is true for the BUY orders.   1 Answer

AES Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

First I received a phone interview with one of the analysts at this desk, lasting for about 50 mins, but I thought it normally will last about 30 mins.
    Then I got the invitation to the final round on- site interview with 4 people within 2 hours.(2 people at a time for 1 hour)

Spring Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online tests followed by two rounds of telephone interviews. Easy questions and good conversations had made whole process enjoyable. Accepted an offer and attended the spring week, which was well worth attending.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Online test (Numerical and Logical)
    useful practice on Kenexa where you can find some mock tests
    2. Two Phone Calls
    usually one from London and the other from your home country
    3. Assessment Center day in London
    repeat the tests and cases

Interview Questions

• Why us and why this division   Answer Question
    • How are the Private Equity firms buying companies? Is the market cheap or expensive at the moment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online or throw employability service at your university. It was mock interview. Credit Suisse as financial institute require have minimum accounting, banking or financial experience.
    Although that they have positions others than financing like marketing, PR, editing, researching.
    Do you research of the company, market and position before. Be confident with market figures and be on date of market news.

Interview Questions

• IQ test a part of 30 min PC test
      You have scale, 9 bowls, one is gold and you can use scale only twice. You can touch the bowls. How to find the gold bowl?   1 Answer

Equity Research Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in early October 2016. Completed online test in numerical and logical reasoning. Took a while to hear back, was invited to attend a first (and final) round assessment day in London office. Had 3 interviews with directors etc. All questions were competency and technical, with one brainteaser. Interviews were one on one, and the interviewers were all pleasant. The experience was positive and efficient overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about valuing a company and its stock?   1 Answer
    • What influenced your choice of stock investment (during a trading simulation)   1 Answer
    • Run me through your CV   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through a grad careers page, was invited to an online test and then got a call from HR where she asked me a bunch of basic questions about why banking, why Credit Suisse, etc., and then a couple of questions about the market (all very easy to answer as long as you read the papers daily - which I highly suggest you do). At the end of the call I was invited for an assessment center which consisted of a small case study exercise, followed by 4 interviews for 4 different teams. I received offers from all four.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to do charity work? What did you do outside of studying? Why do you like corporate finance and "what's new" in corporate finance?   Answer Question

Real Returns Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Superb well organised hiring process and interviews. Information session providing ample opportunity to find out about company and culture directly from employees recently on programme. Followed by two competency based interviews in relevant business area. Good culture that promotes flexible working.

Personal.