Credit Suisse Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

Spring Insight Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online with CV and cover letter, after which I was invited to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Then I had two consecutive 30-minute phone interviews with representatives from the IBD division and Global Markets division. Some competency questions and questions about the market. HR called with the offer about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake that no one noticed.   Answer Question

Spring Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online, gave a few tests, and was invited to a telephone interview which was very interesting-I was interviewed by 2 analysts for approximately half an hour each and they questioned me about the departments that I had applied to. Overall, it was a great interview and I received a phone call within a week with the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Which stock would you invest in at the moment and why?   Answer Question

Spring Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

30mins*2 telephone interview. Could be associates or analysts from DCM/ECM/SnT ...etc
    You really need to be passionate about banking and markets in general and think for points that others would not possibly think of. A quiet room would be great since it's very embarrassing to mishear or misinterpret questions.

Interview Questions

• Brain teasers and quick estimates. Market awareness definitely required. Competency questions are typical but keeping a good focus would be good.   Answer Question

Autumn Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

2x 30 minutes interview. 1 was competency based, second was more technical. Valuation questions, especially regarding DCF. Also question about the market in general, so what are currently the main themes in the industry.

Interview Questions

• What does r stand for in the discount rate?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

1.) I filled in the application form (name, grades etc) and submitted a CV as well as a cover letter.

2.) Around 3 weeks later I received an invitation to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests (the provider was Kenexa).

3.) Another 3 weeks later I was invited to attend a set of first round interviews (2 separate interviews back to back); these were mainly competency based, however, a few technical questions were thrown in. Overall, the interviewers for the first round were very pleasing to speak with, it was indubitably apparent that they very much wanted to get to know you, not test you.

4.) 1 day after the first round interview I was invited to attend a set of second round interviews (2 separate interviews back to back) a few days later.

5.) The second round interviews were also mainly competency based, however, like before, they also asked some technical questions. These interviews were with slightly more senior staff than in the first round and they dug a lot deeper into why you're applying to the division in question. I also felt as though there was more opportunities to sell yourself in these interviews, as questions such as, "Why you?" and "What makes you different?" were asked.

6.) I thankfully received an offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've come up against a problem you thought you couldn't solve   Answer Question
    • What developments have been in the news recently, which may affect the bank's activities.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've worked with somebody difficult   Answer Question
    • Why Credit Suisse?   Answer Question
    • What makes you standout from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application, online tests and two rounds of face to face interviews, each round with 2 interviews each with different interviewers.
    For me luckily I was not asked anything too technical. First face-to-face round was completely competency based and second was similar. Both interviewers in the second round asked me about the recent (at the time) increase in the US interest rates and how it would affect society.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you did something wrong but nobody knew about it.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a two stage interview - one with my current manager and one with the MD I would be supporting. They gave an offer within hours of having my last interview. Mind you I did mention that I have another offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• How much international travel do you undertake in your current role?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I made the application online and was invited to a full day of interviews in London 4 weeks later. During the morning we had 2 interviews, both of them were very competency and personality focused,that lasted 30 minutes each. It is important to be enthusiast and cheering. Everyone was very nice with me and there was a very good environment.

Interview Questions

• Almost everything competency (why IBD, what kind of leader am I...), a bit about market situation and brainteaser: if you have one a cube that is made of 6x6x6 little cubes and you put it into paint, how many cubes would get painted?   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

An online form followed by a numerical test/VR test, followed by an Assessment Centre with three 30-minute interviews. The interviews were all one-to-one and conducted in a friendly manner, with a lot of scope to ask questions of your own. Overall, I very much enjoyed the process and feel like I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• Mainly non-technical, why Credit Suisse/why Equities Research were both very prominent. A lot of knowledge of the current market conditions/news was essential   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and invited to an interview the day after attending IT network session from CS. 3x30mins competency questions, and one 30 mins case study interview. Four interviewers were very friendly, and relaxed. No difficult question. They told me to get back to me to give a result within a week. It has been three days, and got a letter that they want to call me tomorrow. So I don't know the result yet.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare this interview?   1 Answer