Credit Suisse Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.9

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, received a telephone interview. Had a telephone interview with two people; both weren't as technical as I'd hoped them to be, although one was a lot more technical than the other.

Interview Questions

• Why Credit Suisse?
      Why technology?
      How will you fit into your role?   Answer Question

Spring Insight Week Markets and IB Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online which included a cv and cover letter. You will then be expected to complete a numerical and verbal reasoning test. I was contacted by HR on the Monday and told I had an interview for that Thursday. The interview comprised of 2 half an hour telephone interviews. One of which was with a member of the IB team and one with a member of the Markets team. The interviews were mainly based on competency and motivational questions. Prepare to show your leadership, communication, time-management, convincing skills and the ability to work within and team and work under pressure. The interviewers were both extremely friendly compared to other interviews and flowed like a normal conversation. Word of advise before your interview, ensure you know what is happening in the markets and global economy and be able to give your views on these issues.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you demonstrated leadership when something went wrong. Just general competency questions the standard ones. Markets hardest question if not prepared would be name two current news stories affecting the economy/markets and give your opinion on them.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Telephone interview: one 30min interview with global markets and one 40 min interview with IBCM.
    Competency based questions, and asked about my CV and experience.
    Very friendly people interviewed me.
    Quick response - had the offer 3 days after my interview.
    No trick questions or hard knowledge questions.
    Would recommend having a few financial cases that you know very well about.

Ops Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Screening and Line Manager . First Interview went well as was told by hiring manager that I would be called in for a second for sure. Then no news and I chased up and was told they are still interviewing others. And after 2 months plus an automated response saying I wasn't successful. When I wrote back to ask was told it went to an internal candidate. Very inefficiently run and with no courtesy to directly contact to inform me.

Interview Questions

• CV and experience and what I can bring.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

1.Was provided some basic information and asked to prepare a business plan
    2. Invited for a one day assessment centre in London (Included case discussion, business plan review and one-on-one interview)
    2. Interview with hiring manager (Go through the business plan and answer questions)

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to be a Private Banker?
      2. Describe your network of targets/prospects?
      3. How do you intend to leverage on your network to build your book?
      4. Based on your understanding of the market you intend to cover, how would you propose CS to your targets/prospects?
      5. Personal questions about your family background and its suitability for private banking   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the internship offer is standard and none negotiable

Spring Insight Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online with CV and cover letter, after which I was invited to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Then I had two consecutive 30-minute phone interviews with representatives from the IBD division and Global Markets division. Some competency questions and questions about the market. HR called with the offer about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake that no one noticed.   Answer Question

Spring Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online, gave a few tests, and was invited to a telephone interview which was very interesting-I was interviewed by 2 analysts for approximately half an hour each and they questioned me about the departments that I had applied to. Overall, it was a great interview and I received a phone call within a week with the outcome.

Spring Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

30mins*2 telephone interview. Could be associates or analysts from DCM/ECM/SnT ...etc
    You really need to be passionate about banking and markets in general and think for points that others would not possibly think of. A quiet room would be great since it's very embarrassing to mishear or misinterpret questions.

Interview Questions

• Brain teasers and quick estimates. Market awareness definitely required. Competency questions are typical but keeping a good focus would be good.   Answer Question

Autumn Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

2x 30 minutes interview. 1 was competency based, second was more technical. Valuation questions, especially regarding DCF. Also question about the market in general, so what are currently the main themes in the industry.

Interview Questions

• What does r stand for in the discount rate?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

1.) I filled in the application form (name, grades etc) and submitted a CV as well as a cover letter.

2.) Around 3 weeks later I received an invitation to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests (the provider was Kenexa).

3.) Another 3 weeks later I was invited to attend a set of first round interviews (2 separate interviews back to back); these were mainly competency based, however, a few technical questions were thrown in. Overall, the interviewers for the first round were very pleasing to speak with, it was indubitably apparent that they very much wanted to get to know you, not test you.

4.) 1 day after the first round interview I was invited to attend a set of second round interviews (2 separate interviews back to back) a few days later.

5.) The second round interviews were also mainly competency based, however, like before, they also asked some technical questions. These interviews were with slightly more senior staff than in the first round and they dug a lot deeper into why you're applying to the division in question. I also felt as though there was more opportunities to sell yourself in these interviews, as questions such as, "Why you?" and "What makes you different?" were asked.

6.) I thankfully received an offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've come up against a problem you thought you couldn't solve   Answer Question
    • What developments have been in the news recently, which may affect the bank's activities.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've worked with somebody difficult   Answer Question
    • Why Credit Suisse?   Answer Question
    • What makes you standout from the other candidates?   Answer Question