Credit Suisse Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.9

Java Contract Developer(Giraffe Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

An agent contacted me and asked me if I wanted to work for Credit Suisse.
    I said yes And he sent me a coding exercise. The code exercise was very simple I did very well in a TDD and BDD way. But they never got back to me. Extremely dissapointed, I asked the agent for feedback and I waited for 5 weeks, they never gave any feedback to me.

I said please tell me whatever they said about me even if is bad, I spent my saturday morning coding for you and you didn't tell me anything. They said that the managers are really busy.

Very arrogant and unprofessional to don't provide a single line of feedback. Very dissapointed with credit Suisse. I can't understand how do they consider that team agile if they are not capable on giving feedback to a code interview.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are working as a programmer for a company called Silver Bars Marketplace and you have just received a new requirement.

In it we would like to display to our users how much demand for silver bars there is on the market. To do this we would like to have a 'Live Order Board', that could provide us with the following functionality:

Register an order. Order must contain these fields:
      user id
      order quantity (e.g.: 3.5 kg)
      price per kg (e.g.: £303)
      order type: BUY or SELL
      Cancel a registered order - this will remove the order from 'Live Order Board'
      Get summary information of live orders (see explanation below) Imagine we have received the following orders:
      a) SELL: 3.5 kg for £306 [user1] b) SELL: 1.2 kg for £310 [user2] c) SELL: 1.5 kg for £307 [user3] d) SELL: 2.0 kg for £306 [user4]

Our ‘Live Order Board’ should provide us the following summary information:

5.5 kg for £306 // order a) + order d)
      1.5 kg for £307 // order c)
      1.2 kg for £310 // order b)
      The first thing to note here is that orders for the same price should be merged together (even when they are from different users). In this case it can be seen that order a) and d) were for the same amount (£306) and this is why only their sum (5.5 kg) is displayed (for £306) and not the individual orders (3.5 kg and 2.0 kg).

The last thing to note is that for SELL orders the orders with lowest prices are displayed first. Opposite is true for the BUY orders.
      1 Answer

AES Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

First I received a phone interview with one of the analysts at this desk, lasting for about 50 mins, but I thought it normally will last about 30 mins.
    Then I got the invitation to the final round on- site interview with 4 people within 2 hours.(2 people at a time for 1 hour)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Online test (Numerical and Logical)
    useful practice on Kenexa where you can find some mock tests
    2. Two Phone Calls
    usually one from London and the other from your home country
    3. Assessment Center day in London
    repeat the tests and cases

Interview Questions

• Why us and why this division   Answer Question
    • How are the Private Equity firms buying companies? Is the market cheap or expensive at the moment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online or throw employability service at your university. It was mock interview. Credit Suisse as financial institute require have minimum accounting, banking or financial experience.
    Although that they have positions others than financing like marketing, PR, editing, researching.
    Do you research of the company, market and position before. Be confident with market figures and be on date of market news.

Interview Questions

• IQ test a part of 30 min PC test
      You have scale, 9 bowls, one is gold and you can use scale only twice. You can touch the bowls. How to find the gold bowl?
      1 Answer

Equity Research Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in early October 2016. Completed online test in numerical and logical reasoning. Took a while to hear back, was invited to attend a first (and final) round assessment day in London office. Had 3 interviews with directors etc. All questions were competency and technical, with one brainteaser. Interviews were one on one, and the interviewers were all pleasant. The experience was positive and efficient overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about valuing a company and its stock?   1 Answer
    • What influenced your choice of stock investment (during a trading simulation)   1 Answer
    • Run me through your CV   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through a grad careers page, was invited to an online test and then got a call from HR where she asked me a bunch of basic questions about why banking, why Credit Suisse, etc., and then a couple of questions about the market (all very easy to answer as long as you read the papers daily - which I highly suggest you do). At the end of the call I was invited for an assessment center which consisted of a small case study exercise, followed by 4 interviews for 4 different teams. I received offers from all four.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to do charity work? What did you do outside of studying? Why do you like corporate finance and "what's new" in corporate finance?   Answer Question

Real Returns Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Superb well organised hiring process and interviews. Information session providing ample opportunity to find out about company and culture directly from employees recently on programme. Followed by two competency based interviews in relevant business area. Good culture that promotes flexible working.

Personal.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online test, then invited to a full day at their office in London. The morning consists of 2x30 minute interviews, mostly competency based but they do ask some questions about what is happening in the markets, etc. They cut about a two thirds of candidates at lunch time. If you make the cut, you have 3 more 30 m interviews, similiar to the ones in the morning

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, received a telephone interview. Had a telephone interview with two people; both weren't as technical as I'd hoped them to be, although one was a lot more technical than the other.

Interview Questions

• Why Credit Suisse?
      Why technology?
      How will you fit into your role?
      Answer Question

Spring Insight Week Markets and IB Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online which included a cv and cover letter. You will then be expected to complete a numerical and verbal reasoning test. I was contacted by HR on the Monday and told I had an interview for that Thursday. The interview comprised of 2 half an hour telephone interviews. One of which was with a member of the IB team and one with a member of the Markets team. The interviews were mainly based on competency and motivational questions. Prepare to show your leadership, communication, time-management, convincing skills and the ability to work within and team and work under pressure. The interviewers were both extremely friendly compared to other interviews and flowed like a normal conversation. Word of advise before your interview, ensure you know what is happening in the markets and global economy and be able to give your views on these issues.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you demonstrated leadership when something went wrong. Just general competency questions the standard ones. Markets hardest question if not prepared would be name two current news stories affecting the economy/markets and give your opinion on them.   Answer Question