Credit Suisse Product Controller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Mostly behavioral based questions and mostly unprofessional. It is funny how someone else had the almost the exact same experience interviewing with this company. It was 2 interviews for 2 different positions. The first I interviewed with 4 people (1 on 1). Straight forward behavioral based questions. I got a lot of "good answers". Also tried to connect on a personal level with all the interviewers. Didn't get an offer but the staffing agent called me 2 days after and told me I did not get it. On to the second interview for a different job. This interview had 3 people. The first woman who came in which I am sure is the exact same woman from another review was completely unprofessional and I could tell she could careless about me or the interview. Introduced herself for 1 minute, asked if I had any questions (I had two and another 1 minute) and then said she had a meeting and just left. I had a nice woman next and got "good answer" and "that's a great attitude to have" then a very pushy woman. She asked me what I know about Credit Suisse and I told her the little I knew about it then she basically stood on a pedestal and talked about how she went to ECU and her goal was to work at Credit Suisse, and how she knew everything about the company, and how she got the job in 2007 (right before the greatest recession we have had since the Great Depression. Lucky her I guess). That's about it. Once again more behavioral based questions with completely rude interviewers except a few. My advise is to skip this company unless you know someone working there because I'm sure they are just hiring friends and family. I just graduated with my MBA applying for these entry level positions. Also, never even heard back from the staffing agent or Credit Suisse after the second rejection. I didn't try to contact them because they didn't take the interview seriously and I knew I didn't get it right after I walked out the door. Two unprofessional interviews, a couple of "good answers" and one "great attitude", commuting all the way from Winston-Salem, wasted gas and time, and not one job offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Product Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2008.

Interview

I initially applied via the company job website, and was contacted by an HR rep for a qualifying interview. I was asked several questions related to my prior job and education history, and was told that the company would be in touch. Several days later another HR rep contacted me to schedule the in person interview.

I interviewed with two people from the department the job was with, as well as a phone interview with someone located at a different site. The following day I was contacted at home for an additional phone interview. The day after that, a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was handled over the phone and focused on salary requirements. When considering an offer, take into account total compensation including profit sharing and bonus potential.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. I had no prior experience in the field and I was interviewed on two separate occasions by a total of 6 people. The format was easy and I was initially offered the position as a consultant until a full time spot opened up.

Negotiation

Aim higher when negotiating so that at least you get a decent increase. Do your research before negotiating how much a person with your experience gets paid in the area you are currently looking for work. Try to negotiate a little more than that if you can. The idea is to be at least on the avg of the salary range. Being overpaid, while may prove beneficial initially, may target you as the first person to be laid off when the going gets tough and the company needs to cut costs.

Product Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Wrocław (Poland)) in March 2017.

Interview

5 job interviews with different managers (from lower to higher) in 3 months period asking me about my skills, previous work experience and my knowledge about the company and business processes

Interview Questions

• Could you introduce yourself?
      How did you find this add?
      Why do you want to change your current employer?   Answer Question

Product Controller Interview

Interview

smooth and made very convenient. However I was not convinced with the feed back. A VP interviewed me in a meeting room asking question around OIS and attribution. 2 week after i applied a pre screening, soon after an interview and 2 weeks after the interview i was provided feedback.

Product Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2015.

Interview

Competency questions (when have you received feedback, how do you work under pressure, when you've influenced) and talk through CV. Two people from the team applied to interview me who would be immediately above the role i applied for. As well as asking questions they also explained the structure of the team and the future of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why CS, why product control, competency examples as above and chat through experience to date   Answer Question

Product Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2015.

Interview

1st round: group interview 4 to 4.
    Discuss a social related topic and finally present as a group.
    The interviewer are four guys from Product Control Division, I have to say that they are sooo handsome. The topic is not very hard, just regular issues and unrelated to Finance.

2nd round: two individual interviews
    Not taken yet, had been scheduled.

Product Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Wrocław (Poland)) in February 2013.

Interview

First an interview over the phone, next stage meeting at the comp's office w/ HR and a manager. Nice atmosphere, standard questions

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions.... Your strongest/weakest points. How would you convince someone to do sth   Answer Question

Product Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2010.

Interview

The person who conducted the phone interview with me was from the human resource department. I was asked to explain what my current role entails, during which I tried to highlight as many skills as possible which would likely be relevant to the position I applied for which is in product control. other questions also include reason for wanting to move out of my current role and what my strengths are.

Product Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2009.

Interview

1 round interview perhapes due to my previous contract role with the firm, Interview direct with hiring manager who decide on the hire immediately.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your experience   1 Answer
    • WHy do you choose to leave your existing firm and join us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. BE firm and do not accept first offer from HR.