Credit Suisse Quantitative Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Quantitative Associate Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a 90 minutes exam with 27 problems. For those did wrong, full points will be subtracted. It contains four parts: math & statistics, finance, math finance and C++. Each part has 6-7 problems, and 1 - 3 points are assigned to every problem due to their difficulty. For the math part, actually you do not need to fully calculate the answer. Just a preliminary estimation will be enough to choose the right answer from five choices.

Interview Questions

• How to delete a pointer created?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the summer internship. The recruiting process started with a rather difficult written exam and shortlisted candidates were invited to the phone screening. Final stage is the super day. The questions in the interviews were not as hard.

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewers ask some CV Questions, my location preference, and my personal interests.
    We also discuss my research projects, and I was asked many questions regarding my papers.
    The techniques questions are very basic. One probability question about the correlation coefficient and an algorithm questiion.

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

Interview

First it comes with a quantitative test, including basic math, brainteaser, coding and option pricing stuff. Then it follows with a phone screen lasting about 30 min. In the end it is a super day interview with 3 quant strates.

Interview Questions

• You have a file with strings, but do not know how many lines it has in total. You can only go through the file once, how can you randomly pick one line of string with equal prob?   Answer Question

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2010.

Interview

It is a PhD skill test from CS. 2 hour quant exam and 1 hour social network. About 200 students, including PhD and Master students from science and engineering related majors, attend this test. I heard that there were only 8 intern positions and a few full time opportunities.

Interview Questions

• You want to put 10 cokes into a cooler. There are 6 brands of coke. Each brand has more than 10 cans. How many configurations are there if positions do not matter.   3 Answers
    • birthday party, 20 friends come. You shake hands with them. Some of them shake hands too. Is it possible that no two persons shake the same number of hands?   2 Answers

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews with the company. Asked questions about work experience, programming, and stochastic calculus. First interview went pretty smoothly. The second one follows the next day and the interviewer asked a bunch of short, disconnected questions in each category mentioned above. It got pretty weird because he didn't seem to be interested in what I said but kept moving onto the next topic.