Credit Suisse Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR could have been more clear on about which position you are being considered. Also, it would've been nice if they give you a 24-48 hour notice about scheduling an interview. Besides that, the interview is a 2 hour process, 4 different rounds. 3 one on one and one video call. I felt as if the interview process was not organized well. During the process it was a lot of moving around. Furthermore, the interview process was average. Employers were nice and the director was intimidating. However, it would've been nice to know what you were interviewing for beforehand. Apparently, I was being interviewed for 6 positions.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Mainly phone interviews - final on-site. HQ is in NY and most of the US management is in NY. Interviews were phone screen and then followed by meeting someone on-site.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Interview

Process took about a month, took a while to get final decision. Had an initial 1-1 interview on campus, followed by a dinner with the rest of the applicants from my school and 2 CS executives, followed by a Super Day consisting of 3 1-1 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member refused to do something on a project?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, meaning they reached out to me. I asked what the pay was for this position, since I was skeptical as to how much it paid based on the title. They proceeded to lie to me by telling me the position salary range was 25K than it was. Obviously, I did not learn that it was a lie, until the end of the process. I guess they thought I was desperate or was untruthful on my end. Neither of which were true. I even informed them of my current salary during this first interaction, too make sure we were not too far apart in the beginning and I was not wasting my time and neither were they.

After taking the internal recruiter's word for it, I went through the interview process. I had two phone interviews first, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. Both of which were really straight forward. There were no behavioral questions until the in person interview, which came after the two phone calls. The process took about 3-4 weeks.

After going through the interview process I was contacted by the same internal recruiter that had lied to me on the front end. I was told that I made it to the final round of interviewing and she wanted to know how low I could go for the salary I was asking for and I told her 1K off of the lowest point of the range provided on the front end. She proceeded to tell me the amount they could offer and I told her I made approximately 10K more than that right now, which she knew on the front end. At that point, they decided to quite wasting my time and theirs, by canceling my 4th interview.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview with a HR person after applying online. The recruiter started with reading the job posting that was posted on the career page (verbatim without any change). Then the recruiter asked me about my work experience. I asked a couple of questions about Credit Suisse and hiring group/size/team communication - the recruiter did not have any clue and said I could ask the hiring manager. In the end the recruiter asked about my current compensation and I said I was not comfortable disclosing that at this point in the process - this was the first call with Credit Suisse. The recruiter said that we can not move forward without the previous salary and asked me to withdrew from the process. Very unprofessional.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The first round was very standard. They asked basic questions to get to know me and what I can offer to the company. The recruiter was very nice and when they came to my university to do the interviews, there was another lady who sat outside with us as we waited for our turn to go in. The people were overall great and the interview process was not difficult. Just prepare and research the company.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Even getting in contact with the hiring people was hard. Every person I contacted at the office and online was not very knowledgeable. After finally getting in contact, I met them a few times and was invited for the first round of interviews but not before I had to email them to say I never heard by the deadline. The interview was fine and pretty typical one on one. They used my resume as talking points and I asked some questions after. I never heard back by the second deadline again so I emailed my contact saying I never got a response. The only response they sent back was a generic email saying I was denied. It seemed very impersonal the whole time. At the office we got along well but communicating with them online seemed unprofessional and cold.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake that you caught that no one else did?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Average interview process. 1st interview was on campus and was mostly personal questions and asking what you could do pertaining to leadership in CS. A couple to leadership questions as well. Know the company and you will do fine. Also know your resume.

Scenario Analysis & Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Fairly laidback process. I had 3 back-to-back-to-back phone interviews. First two interviews were very behavioral. Third interview was much more technical, but all stuff you learn in school. For the most part, it was behavioral with a couple technical questions about risk, but nothing to hard.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process was enjoyable. The recruiter called me first and had a brief interview. After one week, I got the onsite interview invitation. I came to the Raleigh office and had three rounds with VP, Director and AVP. It was about one and half hours. People were very nice. The questions were about the skills (especially Excel and analytical skills) I obtained from the past experience and how to transfer them into the new role. They are not hard. Also, " why Credit Suisse", " How do you feel about the extended working hours" and " Could you tell me about your excel skills" were asked in every round. So, be prepared for these three questions. After two days, I received the offer and accepted it.