Credit Suisse Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Credit Suisse

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called after 2 hours my online submission and scheduled onsite interview. The first interviewer was from India and very nice. Asked C++ 11 questions and small logical question. The second interviewer was from Romania. This person was RUDE. Zero emotions in his face and create tension during the interview. This was unprofessional from his side. The most strange thing is when he give me the puzzle to solve and the same time looked in geeksofgeeks the solution from his smartphone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied online and received an invitation for an Initial phone screen to determine fit and provide hiring manager with candidate stream. The interview was 30 minutes, short and easy, however even though I felt like it went well and I was a good fit, I didn't get a follow up. I have heard that candidates should not answer salary expectations directly and rather defer until later in the hiring process, however, I was asking less than my previous employment due to easier commute and my perceived company / position value.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

I got a call from HR asking for setting up a time for first round of interview.

I had 3 rounds of interview. Luckily all telephonic interviews as I far away from the office location.

1st Interview was done by technical manager who did 30 minutes of interview with both technical and behavioral questions. Both technical and behavioral questions were good and manager accessed me through them. He told me they will do another round of interview.

The 2nd interview was all technical in Java and .NET. The manager was architect and grilled me well with all the practical scenarios and coding question and few behavioral. It went for 1 hr.

The 3rd one mix of both technical and behavioral and it went for 1 hr.

You need to know your technical stuff and answer behavioral questions well. The interviewers are very qualified people and analyze candidates quickly and well. You need to be prompt in answering and to the point answer as they don't have whole day for you.

Don't reschedule or cancel your interview or try to give answers to the best of your knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are recursive function advantage and disadvantages   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between log4j and java logging api.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nope. I was told what I am offered is not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

I got a phone interview - which had technical question on Java and J2ee. I was then called for a 1:1 interview. Had a video conferece with London and NY. and also had face-to-face interview in person.

All of them were technical questions - for c#, .NEt, java, Perl, SQL and database optimization

Interview Questions

• it was mainly prepared questions about java , J2ee & pers   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was bad. there was an HR person who was there at that time - she is worst person to deal with for salary neg.. I got a bad deal. later I spoke to others in the firm who had to deal with her. they all said the same. Good news is that HR person is no longer there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. So, it was a scheduled phone interview. HR called at the appointed time.
    Then I was asked a few common questions, except "What was your last salary ?".

Interview Questions

• What was your salary in the previous company ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was approached by the recruiter for this. Entire interview process were smooth. Interview process was consist of telephonic round followed by onsite round. Onsite interview were one to one and by group.

Interview Questions

• Covered the OOPs concept, Asp.net, javascript, database and some questions about debt market.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2017.

Interview

1. Telephonic interview with HR. Questions were general in nature - like how would you deal with conflicts at workplace. How will you deal with a difficult co-worker etc. A what if question on a golden handshake by the current employer made me fumble a bit, but I passed.
    2. Telephonic interview, this time with a technical guy. Lot of C++ questions which I could answer as I am strong in C++. I passed.
    3. Telephonic interview again after two weeks with a very senior technical person under whom I would work if selected for CS. More of multithreading and database questions with some C++ thrown in. I passed.
    4. Telephonic interview. VP(?!) I fumbled here as this I was not prepared for. It would have been better if this was a face to face interview. I failed.

Interview Questions

• Name four functions that are available in all STL containers?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Pune (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied through their carrier portal. I got an email to come for the interview(Eon Free Zone, Pune)
    1. Written test
    2. Technical interview
    3. HR

Till I have attempted the written only, I will update further if I go through F2F interview. The people are very gentle and nice. Very impressed with their behavior even with not selected candidates

Interview Questions

• I have attempted the written only and asked to come for f2f later. The written test is multiple choice questions, there are about 30 questions. I remember some of them:

1. What is responsive design, 4 options were there. a) which change width as per device. b) with css3 media tags. c) some option d) all of above. I hope the ans is d all of above.

2. There is some Generic class like:

public class Stack<T>
              public void push(T item)
                  //some code
              public T pop(T obj)
                  return obj.pop();
          }

Then they create a Stack<int> and tried inserting string in that. I did not remember all the code, but you can study the inbuilt stack collection in .net and create your custom stack will help solve this question.
      3. Inheritence based:
      There is one base class with abstract keyword. It define 4 functions f1(), f2(), f3(), f4().
      all define with virtual keyword.
      There is a derived class, only one function was there with override keyword. The question was:
       Base b= new Derived();
       b.f1(), b.f2(), b.f3(), b.f4()
       which method will be called base or derived?

4. 2-3 questions are based on Parallel.ForEach
          study this deepely.

5. We have a WCF service for internet environment, which binding to use(need transport level security).
      there is one .Parallel method in configurations of wcf read it.

6. List<Employee> with 1000 records. You applied Parallel.ForEach.
      how many threads it will instianciate?

7. puzzle:
      there are four persons need to go over the bridge, they take 1,3,7,10 minutes respectively. How much total time required to cross the bridge to all.

8. Linq Query:
          Country table(CountryId, Name) and Cities table(CountryId, name):
          Get all countries with cities less than 3, also fetch who do not have any city.
          The options are seems very similar so look very closely.

Bonus question at last:
      - you have predicted the prices of 'xyz' stock for next 10 days:
      3,7,4,10,11,8,5,4,8,9
      you can buy one stock in a day, can sell one in a day. Only sell if you own it. Design an algorithm to get maximum profit.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

The first step in the interview was a screening phone interview with a recruiter. The second step was a phone interview with a Senior Software Engineer with technical questions and any doubts about the role.

The final step in the interview was face to face with 4 different managers/engineers in a period of 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Questions about programming patterns, CI/CD, process automation, containerazitation, etc.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Mumbai (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

1 round of telephone interview, Written test, Panel Interview, Manager Interview and finally HR Interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you enable downloading of a very large file to client machine using java servlet technology?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered close to what I asked for, so no negotiations were done.