Credit Suisse Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied online and received an invitation for an Initial phone screen to determine fit and provide hiring manager with candidate stream. The interview was 30 minutes, short and easy, however even though I felt like it went well and I was a good fit, I didn't get a follow up. I have heard that candidates should not answer salary expectations directly and rather defer until later in the hiring process, however, I was asking less than my previous employment due to easier commute and my perceived company / position value.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. So, it was a scheduled phone interview. HR called at the appointed time.
    Then I was asked a few common questions, except "What was your last salary ?".

Interview Questions

• What was your salary in the previous company ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

I got a call from HR asking for setting up a time for first round of interview.

I had 3 rounds of interview. Luckily all telephonic interviews as I far away from the office location.

1st Interview was done by technical manager who did 30 minutes of interview with both technical and behavioral questions. Both technical and behavioral questions were good and manager accessed me through them. He told me they will do another round of interview.

The 2nd interview was all technical in Java and .NET. The manager was architect and grilled me well with all the practical scenarios and coding question and few behavioral. It went for 1 hr.

The 3rd one mix of both technical and behavioral and it went for 1 hr.

You need to know your technical stuff and answer behavioral questions well. The interviewers are very qualified people and analyze candidates quickly and well. You need to be prompt in answering and to the point answer as they don't have whole day for you.

Don't reschedule or cancel your interview or try to give answers to the best of your knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are recursive function advantage and disadvantages   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between log4j and java logging api.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nope. I was told what I am offered is not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

I got a phone interview - which had technical question on Java and J2ee. I was then called for a 1:1 interview. Had a video conferece with London and NY. and also had face-to-face interview in person.

All of them were technical questions - for c#, .NEt, java, Perl, SQL and database optimization

Interview Questions

• it was mainly prepared questions about java , J2ee & pers   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was bad. there was an HR person who was there at that time - she is worst person to deal with for salary neg.. I got a bad deal. later I spoke to others in the firm who had to deal with her. they all said the same. Good news is that HR person is no longer there.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Mumbai (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

1 round of telephone interview, Written test, Panel Interview, Manager Interview and finally HR Interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you enable downloading of a very large file to client machine using java servlet technology?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered close to what I asked for, so no negotiations were done.