Credit Suisse Summer Analyst Equity Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Summer Analyst Equity Research Interview Questions

3.2

Summer Analyst: Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New Haven, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. (The process was likely streamlined since I come from a target school with a lot of alumni at CS). First round interview was with an MD who now manages people instead of conducting firsthand research so we did not speak in detail about the market, mostly fit questions and past experience. Called back for a final round interview the next day. Second round was with an MD researching financial services. I presented two stocks and discussed trends in the market but there were no technical questions about modeling, financial statements, etc.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were both very casual- my final round interview didn't seem to have a list of questions prepared. It was up to me to direct the conversation in a way that showed off my interest and suitability for the position.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Summer Analyst Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online through their website, but had a proactive alumni help me out. First round interview was over WebEx (video conference). Questions were very standard and non-technical. Second round was a superday at their office in New York. Consisted of three thirty minute interviews with a break inbetween. They put me up in a hotel the night before even though I only live two and a half hours away.

Interview Questions

• Given the cost for Verizon to purchase each iPhone, the price the customer pays, and the churn rate of customers, what is the average lifespan of an iphone customer on Verizon?   1 Answer

Equity Research Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The first round of interviewing was through on campus recruiting. It was a 1 on 1 interview with someone from the department. Second rounds were 4 interviews via Super Day at the actual corporate office. I found the entire experience to be a pleasure. It was great to meet a variety of different employees. The recruiters were also extremely helpful throughout the entire interview process. They had several networking events as well but I did not attend these.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Equity Research Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in early October 2016. Completed online test in numerical and logical reasoning. Took a while to hear back, was invited to attend a first (and final) round assessment day in London office. Had 3 interviews with directors etc. All questions were competency and technical, with one brainteaser. Interviews were one on one, and the interviewers were all pleasant. The experience was positive and efficient overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about valuing a company and its stock?   1 Answer
    • What influenced your choice of stock investment (during a trading simulation)   1 Answer
    • Run me through your CV   Answer Question