Credit Suisse Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Credit Suisse

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

First round interview was one 30 minute interview and it went really well. The guy was super nice and just wanted to get to know me and my interest in sales and trading. For my super day I had 5 30-minute interviews. There were no stress tests or brain teasers, just really good conversations. A very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Draw a straddle.   1 Answer
  • What do you think of when you think of finance?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

First interview over the phone, competency questions, two doable brainteasers and fit. Then final round with three bankers: fit questions, competency (put-call parity) and market knowledge (what do you think will happen to this stock etc). Standard S&T interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewed at school career center. Fairly intimidating. Mostly behavioral questions with some questions about inflation and interest rates thrown in. My interviewers seemed more intense than the people I had met at the recruiting events.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the relationship between interest rates and inflation and how does this relate to the Fed's decision yesterday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for the Summer IT Analyst position. The first on-campus interview was really relaxed. It consisted of two employees (one manager and one technical analyst). It was a thirty minute conversation about my past jobs and my skills. They pretty much tried to gauge their interest in you, nothing too difficult. The second interview was an all day event called "Super Day" where you participate in tons of interviews. Breakfast with managers from most of the groups, then three thirty minute interviews over the course of the day. There's also a group project that you and 4-5 others have to create and present all in thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing you've done at X company?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was through my school's career center and my interviewer was an alumni. Previous to the interview, students were invited to a nice fancy dinner where we talked casually.

The interview was purely behavioral - nothing technical. It was very typical - why do you want to go into finance, do you take charge when you work in groups, what's your favorite/ least favorite class. etc.

It lasted about half and hour or so.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

2 on 1 interview. Started out with standard behavioral questions - why banking, resume etc... Technicals were accounting-heavy and a bit of valuations at the end.

Interview Questions

• Technicals were nothing advanced. Overall reasonable set of questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2013.

Interview

First round was a 20 minute phone + video interview.
    Second round was in NYC. 3 30-minute interviews.
    All interviews were non-technical. Every interviewer asked me about leadership, what would I do in certain ethical situations, and examples of ethical dilemmas I faced / challenges faced when working in a group.
    One interviewer asked me about Foreign keys, primary keys, and normalization in SQL.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received a critique you thought was incorrect or unfair and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

The overal SA interview process is one of the best on the street. I would describe it as very transparent. The interviews are very pleasant and you get the impression that the interviewers want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1st round: 2 on 1 interview, mostly fit questions. Easy technicals.
    2nd round: 3 2 on 1 interviews and networking lunch at SF office. Mostly behavioral questions, extremely similar to first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Invited to exclusive meet and greet event on campus. Extremely nice people, very people oriented firm as far as I could tell. Interview process was relatively straightforward. Interview itself consisted of very few questions. Pretty basic stuff, like "tell us about high school and why you chose [university]", "equities or commodities", "tell us about a time when you failed", etc. Was asked where the 10 year (t bill) rate was at. Nice people, but I didn't think the questions were rigorous enough to separate out the really top candidates from those who "seem" to know about the markets. I think CS looks very much at fit.