Credit Suisse Summer Analyst Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Summer Analyst Interview Questions in London, England

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online test, then invited to a full day at their office in London. The morning consists of 2x30 minute interviews, mostly competency based but they do ask some questions about what is happening in the markets, etc. They cut about a two thirds of candidates at lunch time. If you make the cut, you have 3 more 30 m interviews, similiar to the ones in the morning

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

1.) I filled in the application form (name, grades etc) and submitted a CV as well as a cover letter.

2.) Around 3 weeks later I received an invitation to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests (the provider was Kenexa).

3.) Another 3 weeks later I was invited to attend a set of first round interviews (2 separate interviews back to back); these were mainly competency based, however, a few technical questions were thrown in. Overall, the interviewers for the first round were very pleasing to speak with, it was indubitably apparent that they very much wanted to get to know you, not test you.

4.) 1 day after the first round interview I was invited to attend a set of second round interviews (2 separate interviews back to back) a few days later.

5.) The second round interviews were also mainly competency based, however, like before, they also asked some technical questions. These interviews were with slightly more senior staff than in the first round and they dug a lot deeper into why you're applying to the division in question. I also felt as though there was more opportunities to sell yourself in these interviews, as questions such as, "Why you?" and "What makes you different?" were asked.

6.) I thankfully received an offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've come up against a problem you thought you couldn't solve   Answer Question
    • What developments have been in the news recently, which may affect the bank's activities.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've worked with somebody difficult   Answer Question
    • Why Credit Suisse?   Answer Question
    • What makes you standout from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I made the application online and was invited to a full day of interviews in London 4 weeks later. During the morning we had 2 interviews, both of them were very competency and personality focused,that lasted 30 minutes each. It is important to be enthusiast and cheering. Everyone was very nice with me and there was a very good environment.

Interview Questions

• Almost everything competency (why IBD, what kind of leader am I...), a bit about market situation and brainteaser: if you have one a cube that is made of 6x6x6 little cubes and you put it into paint, how many cubes would get painted?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

One-day assessment center. There were 12 interviewees in the morning.
    I had two back-to-back interview in the morning with directors. Questions were mostly fit and market views. Then we had Lunch with all the applicants. After that, only 6 of us were kept for the afternoon. We had two back-to-back interviews in the afternoon with managing directors. The questions were more technical about previous internships, going deep into the details. Every interview lasted 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Well put together day of interviews. two interviews before lunch then half of group got through to the after lunch slot, where we had four interviews in quick succession. Possibly too many interviews for one day, everyone was tiring by the end of it. The actual interviews were standard for industry, starting off with competency questions then moving on to some in-depth discussions in regards to the industry and articles I had read.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews - one competency based, one structured
    The competency based one was based on CV, experience, and why CS and why s&t
    The second one had A bit of brain teasers, market news/trend, impact to CS.

Interview Questions

• pitch your school to me
      whats the revenue of a cafe at your school
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Having done the online tests, I had a phone interview. I thought that it generally went well, except I didn't know enough information about the company. So, when the interviewer asked me questions such as about the recent transactions of CS, I couldn't answer those. That's probably why I didn't get to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time when you demonstrated leadership   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Application Process: CV, Cover Letter, 'Fit' Questions, and psychometric tests. Then asked to first and final round interview day (comprised of 4 back to back interviews).

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

After a first telephone interview, which was mainly fit questions and motivational stuff, there was a final round in the London office (for which I had applied). It consisted in a case study (very straightforward and not about corporate finance, despite I was applying for that position) to be solved in 45 minutes and then discussed in an interview and then 2 other interviews with senior level positions that never dig into technical stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I just signed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Had to fill in a standard application form, no more taxing than any of the other banks. After that was the numerical test. It was a little tricker than the usual SHL tests and I was a bit pushed for time. Passed nevertheless.

I was called for a first round interview a few weeks after. There were three other candidates and we all had 2 1 on 1, 30 minute interviews. They were entirely competency based. They were very laid back and informal. The first interviewer took me through my CV and asked me questions based on that. The second asked me standard competency based questions like when have you made an improvement to a process, why Ops, give me one fact about Credit Suisse etc etc.

Following passing these, I was informed by phone call 3 days later that they would like to invite me to final round. This was to be more of the same. The actual final round took place a week later, and again it comprised of 2, 1 on 1, 30 minute interviews. The first interviewer asked me about my CV again, and threw in a few competency questions. The second was more informal again, and the interviewer spent a good deal of time just telling me about her experiences in CS and why she preferred it to other firms.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over the other two candidates ?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about the rogue trader scandal at UBS. Does he deserve 100% of the blame?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if we offered you a summer placement and then put you in a team that you really didn't like?   Answer Question

I also had an offer from Goldman Sachs. This was a really difficult decision for me because CS had been so nice to me throughout and I really enjoyed my interview process with them. But someone told me that I could always go from GS to CS, but it would take more effort to go the other way.