Credit Suisse Technical Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Suisse Technical Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Credit Suisse

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Wilmington, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a representative at my school career fair and had an on campus interview a week or two later. It was very quick and easy. The first interview was mostly trying to get an idea of what track I was most interested in. Asked a couple technical questions about my relevant coursework listed.

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume step by step and tried to get an idea what I was most interested in.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

There were two rounds - an introductory behavioral interview, and a second round with multiple VPs. These interviews were technical at times, focused on resume and accomplishments at times, but mostly focused on whether they thought I was cool and fun enough to work with them. The last interviewer didn't want to be there at all and focused only on the heritage I shared with his wife.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you reviewed an existing process and attempted to reform & optimize it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

First, we had a phone screen with campus recruiting. Then there were a series of on-site interviews with management from different orgs within the Information Technology division. A bunch of us were brought on for interviews at one time, and were each given schedules. We also attended some presentations about the company during the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem in one of your previous roles, how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of video interview via webcam in final rounds. Each lasts about 3 hours. The purpose is basically match you to a group you might work with in the summer or full time. Mostly behavioral, go through your resume etc. I was also asked to code some design question but the interviewer only asked me to code out the data fields. Some brain teasers, not too hard.

Interview Questions

• 1000 bottles of wine, one bottle is poisoned. You have unlimited rats. e.g. You can use 1 rats and drink through the 1000 bottles(which would takes 1000 tests). Or you can use 1000 rats and every rats drink 1 bottle (1000 rats, 1 test). Find out an optimal solution that use minimum number of rats and minimum number of tests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Connected to the recruiter through a special program and then interviewed for the summer analyst position. Networked with employees within CS technology department. Friendly and driven environment! Interview was mainly behavioral since it's a Business Analyst position. It's important to know why CS, why BA, why tech?

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Had a phone interview with basic HR questions and discuss some topics relating to resume. Then went to their office to do a super interview session which consisted of three thirty minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Experience with object oriented programming. Classes, objects, attributes.   Answer Question
    • Experience with working in a group, conflict resolution, and handing certain situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Targeted as a junior in college for a 10 week summer internship program. Once completing interviews and being selected for the internship about half of the interns are given the opportunity for full-time employment. The Technical Analyst program is then a two year rotational employment followed by full time entry level employment.

The initial interviews are on campus and are followed up by a day-long series of interviews on site with a variety of managers and recruiters. If an internship offer is extended, then you are assigned a team to work on for 10 weeks in the summer. The team manager's input along with technical analyst program management will evaluate you over the 10 week span and determine wether or not to extend an offer.

Sometimes people are selected to move directly into the Technical Analyst program as fresh college graduates. This is usually to fill in positions that were offered to former interns who did not graduate on time or pursued other endeavors.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not very technical, but I was required to collaborate with 4 other interviewees and discuss how we would handlle an IT project from a project manager standpoint.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me, offered $55,000 a year with benefits, and then asked if i would like to negotiate. I accepted the offer as presented.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

As this was through campus recruiting , i was asked about my projects on resume , some behavioral questions like how i performed in teams and resolved conflicts an all

Interview Questions

• Why you want to Join CS?   Answer Question
    • How would you resolve conflicts in team if you were a team lead? she gave a scenario which i don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation

no . it was fixed salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Cary, NC) in October 2009.

Interview

All interview questions were completely behavioral although this was an IT position in The RTP,NC site. The position is for a technical analyst. First was a phone interview, then there was an on-campus 1 on 1 interview with a senior manager. Then there was a superday (from 10 am - 5:30 pm.) On this day, we were introduced to the site, the head of the tech side at the site, a little introduction to the company.

Then, we had to make a group presentation in front of 4-5 managers / VPs and they gave us about 45 mins to plan and about 10-15 mins to execute. I think this was very abstract and we could twist it around whichever way we wanted. Managers were very relaxed and friendly.

Then, we all gathered in a room to get lunch and at some point all the managers came in to introduce themselves and grab some free lunch. Kidding! It was more of a candidate gauge kind of thing!

After this was 1/2 hour interviews with 4 separate managers so that they could determine if you would be a good fit for their team and so on and so forth.

That's the end of the day and they give you a small tour before they walk you out!

I really liked one HR lady in particular along with a VP and the Director of the site was very motivational too!

Good culture exhibited and I would love to work with them if given a chance.

Hope this helps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews with them. First is on campus interview for half an hour. They asked about your experience and how much do i know their company. The second round is on site interview which was more difficult. Lots of potential candidates were invited so you would get a lot of pressure.

Interview Questions

• How is normalized database better than denormalized one?   1 Answer