Credit Suisse Interview Questions in Zürich | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

First email contact, then online tests and finally an invitation to a structured interview. It was about 30min and they asked me about how I would react in different situations. After the interview they put me in contact with the department I would work for, they would proceed to a phone interview before making the final decision.

Interview Questions

• You are not getting along with a colleague ? what would you do?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in July 2017.

Interview

General questions about personal strenghts and weaknesses. Questions about previous roles in companies before and why I applied at Six.
    Wanted to know salary, notice period and preferred date of entry.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Online interview with office rep. The interviewer asks me about my expericnes and CV, and made me some techinal questions on PM cases, specifically on bank market: how to build a bank, which are the main offices, how to submit a new project for approval, which are the bank liabilities. The interviewers asked me about my motivation for moving in the bank market, as well as my experience with the insurance.

Interview Questions

• questions about CV and about some technical aspects on project management job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

This was the second round of the interview. The first questions were standard, but then I was asked to replicate some graphs and complicated pivot tables on the interviewer's laptop. Apparently this was the main point of the interview

Off-Cycle IBD Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a VP through an employee referral who set up interviews with a number of analysts and associates. Very well structured, and communication with HR was seamless. The interviews balanced quant and qualitative questions, with a strong focus on M&A and accounting technicals.
    The interviews were as much a skill check as they were a personality check - team fit was prominent, competency more so.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions I recall covered minority interest, valuation techniques, levered and unlevered DCFs, LBOs, a short case study on trading multiples, and the usual "how does a $10 increase in Depreciation affect the three FIs". Fairly standard in terms of technicals, then, but they took up about 60% of the interview.
      Qualitative were the usual, "tell me about yourself", "why M&A/IB", "why Credit Suisse", "why Zurich", etc..
      Also spoke about some ongoing transactions.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in April 2017.

Interview

3 steps:
    1) phone interview with HR manager (30 minutes)
    2) phone interview with line manager (30 minutes)
    3) face-to-face interview with two line managers (90 minutes)

The interview was not difficult, managers were polite and did not put pressure.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

One phone interview followed by three face to face interviews. Regardless of the HR Manager having the word 'experienced' in his job title, he was easily the most incompetent I've ever dealt with. I phoned and emailed both the hiring manager and HR manager two months after the interview for feedback and could not even get a response. I will definitely be thinking twice before considering a role within Credit Suisse in the future. It certainly doesn't appear to be a company that has a lot of direction right now. Coincidently the position is still open more than 6 months after it was first advertised.

Interview Questions

• Straight from the book, standard interview questions with absolutely no thought put in to them.   1 Answer

Programmer Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by face to face interview this was via Skype for the first interview - I had to pay own costs for flight which was very poor in my view

Interview Questions

• How would you structure the programme
      How do you deal with difficult stakeholders
      What is the benefit of traceability   1 Answer

Cross Asset Structuring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in December 2016.

Interview

The initial step was based on a conference call with three hiring managers from different specializations. They asked for motivations for this position and subsequently a set of technical questions.
    Managers were friendly and available to answer different questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your macroeconomical expectations in the markets after Trump election?
      How would you structure a worst-of-put option in order to obtain the maximum payoff possible?   Answer Question

Intern - Trading Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process has three part, first: a phone interview, an in-person and more technical interview, and a case study to present to the senior management.
    I did only the first step. The phone interview lasted around 40 minutes and included mainly behavioral and motivational questions. The principle purpose of the first interview was to define if the personality of the candidate would fit the team.

Interview Questions

• What skills can make you a better candidate than others for that job?
      What would you do if I give you $100'000 now?
      How do you price a forward?   Answer Question