Cree Process Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cree Process Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cree (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

First there was a lengthy questionnaire, followed by three rounds of interviews. First there was a one on one phone interview with many technical questions and questions about my questionnaire. Then I did a lengthy Skype presentation on my past projects, followed by a Q&A session. Then I was flown in for an on-site interview, all day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cree (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

First I had to fill a screening questionnaire, then received a phone screening (about 1 hours), then moved to skype interview where I had to present a technical project I did, then I got invited for onsite interview in NC (where I had multiple interviews throughout the day with different engineers and scientists)

Interview Questions

• The sum of the age of my two children is 11
      The difference of the age of my two children is 10

How old are they?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cree (Durham, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied on Cree's website following are the step and remarks.

Questionnaire, Phone screen and Skype interview - prepare a presentation on a knowledgeable subject.

Remarks: I recommend not to reach or applied to this company!

1. They only want your presentation (They want just to take knowledge/info form you). They do not want you!
    2. Cree just manufacturing LED, there are lots of artificial job openings on their website just to sell themselves.

Please move to other company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cree (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a questionnaire in my email. I was asked to fill it out within 3 days. Afterwards, I was told I would hear back in a week but they never got back to me.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cree in June 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview : Based on resume. Had to explained everything on the resume in detail. Also a few problem solving question were asked to test thinking pocess and provide optimum possible answers.

Skype Interview: I Had to present one or more projects. I was asked detailed questions based on presentation.

Other questions asked: What is a LED.

Interview Questions

• If its 3.15 am in analog clock what is the angle between the hour hand and minute hand?   1 Answer

Process Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cree.

Interview

Questionnaire, phone screening (about an hour), skype interview (asked to present on a past prokject, about one hour), then a round robin in person interview with 8 different people (about 8 hours) plus lunch and dinner interviews. The whole process took about two weeks, though for many it takes longer.

Interview Questions

• How many lightbulbs would we have to sell to replace every incandescent bulb in every american home?   3 Answers

Process Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cree.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 rounds. First two were phone screen by a research scientist and a manager. Then I had a skype interview where I had to present on the topic I had worked on for 25 minutes followed by Q&A. Final round consisted of on-site interview where had to give the same 25 minutes long presentation again and then individual Q&A.

Interview Questions

• How did you come to know about this position?
      Walk me through the operation of any fabrication system you had experience with?
      A small mathematical problem too.
      1 Answer

Process Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cree.

Interview

I was emailed by the hiring manager to fill out 25 questions that were mostly behavioral and all about your past experience. Then couple days later i got a call for a 40 min phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What qualities should a successful, effective manager possess?   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cree.

Interview

Initially contacted by a staff member in HR. Was told I had 3 days to complete a 25 question pre-screening questionnaire. Returned it on the 3rd day and within the hour of sending it I was contacted by a research manager. We set up a phone interview where he asked questions about my background and what other companies I had heard from. Told me that I should hear within a week if I had made it to the second round. Still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave graduate school?   1 Answer

Process Development Engineer Interview

Interview

First phone interview and then onsite interview. They asked very demanding technical questions that I was not well prepared for.