Cree Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cree Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

3.5

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cree in January 2017.

Interview

Intense technical interview. 3 rounds in total starting with a phone interview and then followed by a Skype interview. The phone interview was both HR and Technical, lasted for about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Basics of Semiconductor and LED, on my resume and past work experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cree

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cree.

Interview

Was approached by the HR for the position. Answered some preliminary questions and then was asked to fill a 25 questions questionnaire and 3 days time was given. Was not selected for next round.

Interview Questions

• Strength, weakness, what motivates you to give your best type general question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cree (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Emailed by recruiter to fill out a 25 question questionnaire, called to do a phone interview with a technical manager, and then a skype interview to do a technical presentation of your choice.

Saw the career website marked my application as "Reviewed; not selected" before anyone let me know.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cree in February 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• What was a problem that you faced in a project? How did you figure out what was wrong?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cree.

Interview

I was contacted by a cree recruiter for a phone interview. Phone interviewer was very rude. Other than that the interview was pretty straight forward, asked me about my research experience.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cree in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university. one month later,I got a email from them asking about my GPA, availability, authorization to work in U.S., and relocation. After I answered these questions, I got a long written questionnaire (23 behavioral questions)
    within the same day that I submitted the questionnaire, I got an invitation for a phone interview. It was not a pleasant interview experience. The engineer kept interrupting me while I was talking. It was hard to hear the interviewer through phone. The whole process last 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• how would water level change if a ice cube melts?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cree.

Interview

I was very disappointed with this company's interview process. It was very long and demanding, and in my case unsuccessful with no explanation as to what went wrong. I will not consider Cree again.

First, I had to answer many questions in a questionnaire, with a fairly unreasonable 3 day deadline, which in my case happened during the work week. One of the questions asked how much I made currently and how much I would like to make. Then I was dragged through 2 months of an interview process. First, a fairly technical phone interview, followed by a Skype interview several weeks later. For the Skype interview I was asked to make a 30 minute presentation on a topic of my choosing, and was told by the HR representative that there would be up to 30 minutes of questions afterwards. There were no questions at the end, which threw me off, and I got the distinct impression that they could care less what I was presenting and that they wanted to move on with the rest of their day. Later, I inquired about how I did in an email, and was told it went fine, and that I needed to make a few small adjustments for I would be presenting the same presentation on-site to a group of people. This presentation requirement might be easier for someone fresh out of school, especially if giving a presentation on a PhD thesis. But for everyone else...there's usually a confidentiality agreement that prevents one from making a technical 30 minute presentation on proprietary technology, even if it's unrelated to Cree's core business.

I was supposedly recommended for an on-site interview. This however, never happened, as a month went by and then I was contacted by the hiring manager for yet another phone interview. The manager asked me no technical questions, just things that I had already answered in the questionnaire. Fairly brief interview. Two weeks later I was rejected with a generic email.

Interview Questions

• Topics discussed: LED technical questions, one in-depth statistical question, my resume, why I'm leaving current employer   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cree in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a rather long screening questionnaire. Following the questionnaire I was given a brief phone interview where I was asked a few basic technical questions (some regarding LEDs), questions about my educational background and a few questions about why I want to work at Cree. Following the phone interview I was given the opportunity to give a 30 minute presentation over Skype to a team of engineers and hiring managers regarding my background and a project that I had done in the past.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about how LEDs function on an atomic level during the first phone interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cree (Durham, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by HR the day after I submitted my application to answer a few prelim questions (date available, GPA, etc.). Next, I was given a 25 q questionnaire asking a bunch of generic questions about my skills and experience. a couple days after sending that back, I was contacted to do a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. We chatted very briefly and he asked me to do a Skype call with him and some others, where I gave a technical presentation (just presented part of my thesis). After the 25 min presentation, the manager said he had questions, but that he'd save them for my on-site interview. They flew me down the next week and put me through the same interview process others on here are saying. I started at 9:30 AM and gave my presentation again, followed by 1 on 1 interviews all day until 5 PM. It was not bad at all. Everyone was very kind and friendly. The lunch was relaxing and they treat you to a nice meal at a nice restaurant. They implied that I would likely be working more than 40 hour weeks, but nothing crazy like 65-70 hours as others here have commented. This position was in the Materials Business Group, which is separate from the group expecting you to work your life away there.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers took a bag of screws out of his pocket and asked me some questions about certain ones like, "what kind of material can this be used for, put these in order according to cost, etc."   1 Answer

Was offered a different position elsewhere that I was more interested in.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cree in July 2014.

Interview

Questionnaire with 25 questions to get to know you and your background. Then phone interview, then day long skype interview where you present something you have done and have 8 people grill you about it. Then an on site interview. Did not make it to the on site.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how a LED works.   1 Answer