Crescent Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2018

2.7

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crescent Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I have been with the company for 10 plus years, my interview was as brief and informal as senior management presence is at our property. I was overlooked and determined "unqualified" for the position in order to disguise the ineptitude of leadership at our hotel.

Interview Questions

• I noticed you applied (10 days later), what made you apply for this job?   1 Answer

GM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crescent Hotels & Resorts (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

They talked on how great crescent was and I should have heard about the executive team was.. and they do not do bonus like any other company and you can move up soon

Interview Questions

• If I can work 60 plus hours and was I able to do what I was told regardless of,the situation   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had an extremely pleasant and conversational phone interview. My interviewer was personable and very transparent with me throughout the entire process. I was very pleased with my interview experience with Crescent Hotels & Resorts!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you are interested in hospitality.   Answer Question

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crescent Hotels & Resorts in September 2015.

Interview

Standard meeting with Director of operations and front desk manager. Asked alot of questions you would expect in an interview for a managerial position. Took awhile for them to make a decision, said things to make me think I would get the position then someone got the postion.

Interview Questions

• It's a very busy night and you are by yourself (no manger) how do you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crescent Hotels & Resorts (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

phone call from the front desk manager to express his intrest in my candidature, face to face interview with the Front desk manger, 2nd face to face interview with the operation manager and finally 3rd round face to face interview with the GM of the Hotel. 1st round was about my education background, professional experience and some general conversation. The second round with 5 logic questions to answer to know about your personality and the final round is more like a nice chat with the GM.

Interview Questions

• when you were at school, do you always answer first, wait and answer or never answer to questions   Answer Question
    • How will your friends describe about you?   Answer Question
    • What is your negative point?   Answer Question
    • If you are in a room with 20 unknown persons how would be your reaction: you wait until they come and talk to you or you choose few persons and spend 15-20min with them or you talk with each person?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crescent Hotels & Resorts (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview was conducted by the human resources coordinator, after around 1 week, i have another interview with the front office manager, and not long after that there's also a 1 on 1 interview with the director of operations on the same day

Interview Questions

• What is your goal in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Corporate Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crescent Hotels & Resorts (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

i Had a phone interview with the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, after which I was invited to their corporate office for face-to-face meetings. This involved flying from the West Coast to their office in Fairfax, VA. While there, I met with that same SVP as well as another Corporate Director of HR and the CEO of the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to review some resumes of applicants for other vacancies in the Canadian office and give my feedback.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I originally turned down the offer because it required me to move across the country and for my husband to quit his job. They revised their salary offer and included some relocation reimbursement, so I accepted. I think they had not originally done enough research on the Canadian market, so their original offer was low.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crescent Hotels & Resorts in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by interview with property GM. Pretty standard interview and questions. I could tell they were pretty stressed out and it definitely painted a picture of what things would be like working for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable wage

Catering and Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crescent Hotels & Resorts (Detroit, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

applied through hospitality online. Was contacted by hr for intial interview on the phone. Then came in to meet my potential boss I would directly report to. Then after that I met with the GM for a final interview.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle catering business at my current hotel?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crescent Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

3 interviews (with GM, Regional DOS, HR)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation