Crete Carrier Interview Questions in Lincoln, NE | Glassdoor

Crete Carrier Interview Questions in Lincoln, NE

1.6

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crete Carrier (Lincoln, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

I filled out an online application and within 24 hrs. I was contacted by a recruiter from Crete. My recruiter was profession and polite, asking questions regarding my background and my goals going forward. During the vetting process he kept in touch with occasional request for verification on different items. He was open to all inquiries about Crete, answering all of my questions. They wanted me to drive for them as well as making sure that Crete was where I would like to be. I was very impressed with the whole process. I did take their offer and after completion of orientation I started as a national driver. After 3 1/2 months I have to say that Crete has proven to be everything I thought they would be, a professional outfit that respects their drivers and pays very well. I was very satisfied with the whole hiring process and glad that I chose to drive for Crete.

Interview Questions

• If you wanted a regional or national account position   1 Answer

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crete Carrier (Lincoln, NE) in December 2015.

Interview

Crete's crack onboarding team reviewed my resume, CDL, driving record and truck-driving school transcript to determine I still had a pulse and wasn't moving too fast. When they realized I no longer had a pulse they applied a pair of defibrilation paddles to the sides of my torso and flipped on the juice just long enough for me to make my mark. Then they offered me a job.

Once I was at the Lincoln facility a variety of automotons recited carefully rehearsed statements for the 400th time. One of them actually fell sound asleep in mid-sentence without missing a word. He remained asleep through the day, sleepwalking through lunch and the afternoon briefing which was conducted entirely in Latin.

I sure hope that's 50 words.

Interview Questions

• Are you still warm and not moving too fast?   1 Answer

Administrative Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crete Carrier (Lincoln, NE) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview Process was a 2 step process. 1st you interview with the Human Resources Department. Then you will interview with the Department Manager. The process moves along very quick and is a pretty low stress interview. Overall I would say just be calm and go into the interview prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable salary.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crete Carrier (Lincoln, NE) in January 2012.

Interview

The initial interview is really nothing more than a pre-approval of your online application. Once pre-approved prepare to be accepted. You will then be asked to show up at a regional terminal office where they will provide you a motel room. You will then more than likely spend 3-4 days filling out some of the same paperwork you had already completed online, and been screened for drugs, physical, and fitness. You will watch endless safety vids and take multiple choice tests. Meals will not be provided except on the rarest of occasions. You will take a short driver test with another driver. You will not be compensated for the duration of this week. If you pass this first week of screening, you will receive either a bus ticket or a truck. This truck and or bus ticket will be used to take you to Lincoln Nebraska to Crete HQ.

Now here's the part that will drive you crazy. You will redo every piece of paperwork, the drug test, the safety vids, the company vids, etc. You will be given a motel. Expect to be up early every morning, be fed cafeteria food, and be asked to stick around till 5pm every night for the motel shuttle. You will receive a truck assignment at the end of the week if you haven't already. Your compensation will be about $75 a day, unless something has change in the last year.

You will likely receive your first load out of Lincoln on Thursday. Be prepared to run a couple weeks before you see the house, even if they tell you that you'll get right home. If you work on the home weekly fleet expect 1200-1500 miles a week max. If on the month out at a time plan, expect 2200-2600 miles a week.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions, except, are you prepared to be out for a month away from family and friends with only 4 days home?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Any negotiation must be done upfront with the finance department and handled through the terminal manager. This is difficult. There is little leverage.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crete Carrier (Lincoln, NE) in August 2009.

Interview

put app. over the internet..got phone call a week later ...went over rehire..but said i must live within 100 miles of termial

Interview Questions

• why did you hire me once before....but now am not wanted   1 Answer

i didnt...they declined me