Crimson Hexagon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crimson Hexagon (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were always responsive and honest with the turn around. I did not accept because I was offered a different job a few days before they got back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Crimson Hexagon (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

4 rounds, 5 people interviews ,1 presentation on 2 part case study. Presentation takes more weight on their decision than anything else. Truly unfair. Company is risk adverse. In the end, it became clear they already had an internal candidate they wanted to give the role to, but drug me through the process anyway. Time consuming and emotional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crimson Hexagon (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Like the others listed here, I was not offered the job after the case study. Which was very odd as I was clearly the leading candidate for them up until that point. However unlike the others here, I will give you the information you need in order to understand why this happened. Very specifically, I was asked to do 2 things, one was to create a 'quarterly review' that shows where the relationship is going, and the other is to evaluate a case study. I did the quarterly review over the phone with their client success team, where I was at a great disadvantage, as I was unable to see their faces. It was unclear as to whether this quarterly review was supposed to be an interactive process, or a one way show and tell. As a result, this amped up my nervousness, as I realized a bit too late that their one word replied to my check in answers were not letting me know whether they were wanting me to move along or 'keep digging'. They did question the origin of one of my statistics which I'll admit, I didn't research throughly. This again came from not knowing their expectations. I was, after all, doing a quarterly report using my last company as an example of what I was representing, so it put them in an odd place of having to pretend to be a client of a system they didn't know anything about -- so the last thing I expected was to be questioned on a stat that I created especially for a 'show and tell' review style. The other place they tried to trip me up was on the case study. They ask you to basically tell a story using an analysis of one of their brands. Their description clearly says to use one or two points of data. I went above and beyond and used 5 points of data, and also pre-emptively answered a question before they asked it. When I was done, they asked me if I had looked at another part of the system, which simply contained another 2 points of data. I hadn't and was thrown. However, why would you ask someone if they looked at this part of the system as a way to trip someone up when they already exceeded your expectations? They gave me many many points of data and asked me to only talk about 2, so is it really surprising that I didn't look at all 20 data points when I was only told to cover ? Unfortunatley this interview process only really speaks to this company's overall poor judgement, which looks to continue, as they actually lost a super heavy hitter here. If you want to prepare for this interview process -- research your stats, look at the entire system, and be prepared to handle 'trip up questions' in quarterly review/case study. Oh, also, the best part was afterwards. They told me they would let me know late in the week, or early the following week. It took them over a week and a half to tell me no, inventing 'fake meetings' in which they were 'discussing' me and another candidate. In other words, they were waiting for their other candidate to say yes, and were stringing me along in case it didn't work out. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do we compare against the competition (in the quarterly review). 2. Where did you get that stat? 3. Did you look at this other part of the system?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crimson Hexagon (Cambridge, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

This first call is with the Account Mananger (Manager) this is new role that is being developed internally as all of the current account managers were solutions consultants. Everyone in the company is young the company is a straight startup with about 20 people max.

The next step was a face to face interview with the account manager manager as well as a current account manager. It was more strategic they were looking for ideas on how to run the the account management team and what processes that we have available with my current company.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about being an account manager?   1 Answer
    • What processes worked for you in the current position and what has not.   1 Answer

I chose to decline because the company is still very very young and in a unknow space of social media. The pay was about the same as I was currently making at my current job so it was no a step up. The start up mode is great for someone that is young and energized looking to make an impact and almose a 27/7 feel untill there are correct strategic processes that begin to get implemented that could take some time.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Crimson Hexagon (Boston, MA).

Interview

Friendly people. However there wasn't much structure to the screening process. Most of the leaders I interviewed with were not prepared for the interview and did not review my resume in advance. As an interview team they weren't very coordinated. All asked similar questions and they did not capitalize on the fact that there were a few rounds to assess different sides of my experience. They also weren't aligned around the focus of the role, with different expectations for what the role was suppose to do.

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Crimson Hexagon (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Uncoordinated. First I was dealing with one recruiter than another and hence had to do two intro calls. Similar to another interviewees feedback, I was asked many of the same questions by a few different people and nobody really probed me for some of the very specific things you would questions a sales management candidate for. Then the follow-up was a challenge. First off, I had 4 phone calls, was asked in by the hiring manager for an interview, then after 4 weeks of following up, I was told they filled the position. It came off as very amatuer. I'm now working somewhere else in a better job making more money so the whole experience was a blessing, hence my willingness to provide feedback.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if a I had experience leading sales teams.   1 Answer

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crimson Hexagon (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The initial phone interview was very intense and fast. For the in person, I met with five different employees ranging from peers to SVP. I was then asked to come back in to meet with a sixth mid-level manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to inducing change within an organization.   Answer Question

Selected a different company.

Interview

Couple rounds of phone interviews... recruiter and hiring manager. Was in the office for onsite meetings with a number of people from the team, then came back in for a case study/presentation of the platform. I get the impression that the case study is more fluff to see how you well you prepare and interact with the team in the room. If they invite you in for it, it's likely that you're in the final round and there might not be another candidate, unless it's internal. They'll ask a couple of lightweight questions throughout, but the lead up to the actual case study is scarier than it actually is. I tend to prepare a lot of questions for interviews and interactions with anyone from a company that I'm interviewing with, and that was good here. No one that I met with other than the hiring manager was prepared to interview me, so I was having to hold a lot of the weight and show that I was curious about the company and position. I would say the least enjoyable part of the whole experience was working with the HR person/recruiter. They're good at engaging with you and getting back to you in a timely manner, but when it comes to actually negotiating after the job offer, it's all weak. I was pretty clear with what I expected salary-wise during the initial phone screen, and was thrown off by a really low initial offer that was well below what I'd told them I was making previously. Waste of time going back and forth when they could have just offered a base of what I was currently making and give me the opportunity to go up from there.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crimson Hexagon (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter (Debbie), then had a call with Hiring Manager (Becky). Invited for an onsite visit with several interviewers of the Client Services team. Then I was asked to present a team case study using their product that included people from US and UK via Joinme. The process was smooth, quick and professional. I was disappointed not to be hired but understand their decision.

Interview Questions

• How are you passionate about customer success?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crimson Hexagon (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process moved very quickly and I found the recruiter and the interviewers very professional and forthcoming about the position. I had one phone interview with the recruiter and then was asked to come into the office for a two hour interview with four members of the team the next week. They mentioned that the next round would be an in person presentation and I would be hearing from them a few days following the interview about setting that up. It has been three weeks and I haven't heard back from them, which I found very unprofessional.