Cristal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cristal (Ottawa, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

2 interviews with engineers and site director. If you get by the HR background screening you sit down with 4-5 operators/engineers who ask you safety and technical questions. If you make it past the board you talk to the site director who makes the final determination.

Interview Questions

• who is responsible for my saefty   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cristal.

Interview

The interview process was one of the best interview processes I have ever been through, although the process was long. The HR generalist did a fantastic job at keeping me up-to-date with the proper information that I needed and made sure she checked in to keep me interested in the job. I was well informed with the information I needed to go into the interview feeling very confident.

Prior to the interview they had me take an aptitude and personality test. The interview was schedule for an hour and a half and the first part of the interview consisted of me providing them an overview of my background and my motivation for applying to Cristal. The second part of the interview consisted of competency-based questions. I met with the HR generalist, my reporting manager as well as an additional manager that I would be working closing with if I were to land the job.

Interview Questions

• Your background is not in the Chemical industry, do you think that would pose a problem? How will your skills from your current company translate into this industry?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cristal.

Interview

They tell you a lot about the position and what you are expected to do. Then you get hired and who knows what they expect. There is decent training for things you really don't need and then lack of training for important every day job tasks.

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cristal (Hunt Valley, MD).

Interview

Worked a long time for company, so original interview was for admin assistant position. I recall screening tests and initial interview with local placement firm, then at least two interviews. Had to wait a few weeks for initial offer as hiring manager was out of town.

Interview Questions

• I always find it tough to explain what my weaknesses are in such a way that it isn't seen as a negative, but just an opportunity to show how I work through challenges.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation, met my asking salary

Process Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cristal.

Interview

Grueling 3+ hour interview that was highly unprofessional. Everyone there seemed incredibly stressed out. The longer you are there the more you can feel the life being sucked out of you. My advice to others is to stay away; This company is going downhill real fast.

Functional Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cristal (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

A bit unorganized. One person contacted me for an interview and brought in a second person who was not notified of an interview taking place. This caused a bit of an awkward question and answer period as the second person was caught by surprise and had to improvise (albeit the improvisation was very good). The induction process was also very poor.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions e.g. What have you done previously, what is your background in working with others, have you lead teams, what is your experience in heavy industry, etc. The overall interview as fairly straight forward, although the job description and interview questions did not match what I ended up being hired for.   Answer Question

Process Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cristal (Glen Burnie, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews; initial phone screening, first round of interviews, and final round of interviews. The first round of interviews,I met with potential colleagues, gave a presentation, and had a standard Q&A with boss. The second round of interviews involved meeting more upper management.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the products they make?
      What are some of the basic chemical equations and process units associated with the manufacturing process?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bunbury (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cristal (Bunbury (Australia)) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was behavioural, lasted approx 1 hour with hr and a superintendent. They asked the typical questions including, your strength and weakness, favourite and least favourite subject, what are your goals for the next 5-10 years.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cristal.

Interview

was slightly difficult. Some how managed to clear it. It's a lengthy process.. I had to wait a months time to get the feedback and the signed up the offer letter after a prolonged negotiaton with hr for Pay and other benefits related stuff.

Interview Questions

• more about debuggng critical issues and soe personality trait questions   1 Answer

Stage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lille (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cristal (Lille (France)) in January 2015.

Interview

un entretien qui a duré 40min. 15min de présentation, échange sur le parcours..
    puis un entretien technique pour voir si les notions basiques du logiciel (Labview dans mon cas) sont maitrisés