Find jobs for Data Analyst

Criteo Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 43 of over 590 interviews

Employee Referral8%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Criteo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, first round interview which was technical and also get to know me better. Second round was a live python/SQL coding interview. Final round is a case study and presentation with a panel of people (including the first round interview member) I have been ghosted by the recruiter after my FINAL round of interviewing. This company is so unprofessional and doesn't have a moral compass pointing north. Recruiters have one job, to recruit. I can slightly understand being ghosted in the early rounds of recruiting, it is difficult to get back to hundreds of applicants. But getting ghosted after the final round? That shows a complete lack of respect for the candidate's talent and time. I was so excited by the idea of working here. They have truly missed out on an excellent candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Pandas and data querying in Python
    Answer Question

Criteo

Application

I interviewed at Criteo

Interview

I interviewed for a Data Analyst position at Criteo and after I finished the phone screen, I was pretty much ghosted. Not even a rejection email. I probably wouldn't reapply.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Criteo

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Criteo in Jun 2021

Interview

Was called by HR recruiter several weeks after submitting an application with an employee referral. In the initial screening call I was told that there were several Data Analyst positions that I could be a good match for, but was directed toward one in particular. Had a video call with a member of that team where the interviewer seemed completely disinterested in what I had to say, but in a follow-up with the recruiter apparently the feedback was good. Then had a live coding challenge with another member of the team testing my Python abilities (specifically pandas)--interviewer there was helpful and was able to gently make suggestions of what I should be doing without outright giving any answers away. Finished well under time and again got good feedback. Was then given a take-home task of sample data that I needed to analyze and present my findings on and spent several days working on it. Immediately before the presentation I had an interview with a member of the client-facing sales team that the position would work with and had a great rapport. In the presentation I was asked several follow-up leading questions that made me realize I had missed one of the findings they wanted to be identified. I was also supposed to have an interview with the person who would have been my boss, but apparently he was out of office and I was told they were going to reschedule it for the next week. After that I heard absolutely nothing from anyone, even after inquiring by email multiple times with the recruiter. Completely ghosted after 4 rounds of interview and after he had assured me at the beginning that if this specific role didn't work out he had others he would also like to put me forward for.

Interview Questions
  • Technical interview: needed to put data in a dataframe, merge with another dataframe, filter by date, and calculate marginal sums.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (New York, NY)

Interview

Recruitment for the analytics roles are awful. Confirmed* a time to speak with a recruiter, and then he did not call me at said time because he was "out of office". You'd think that he would have re-scheduled our call prior to the initial screening? Nonetheless, I finally got back in touch with him and was immediately moved to the second interview with the hiring manager. And by immediately, I mean the call was scheduled for the next day. He was very adamant that I was a perfect fit for the role. My phone call with the hiring manager went smoothly. The following week (approximately 3 business days later) I followed up with the recruiter expressing my interest in the role and when I'd hear back about next steps. Then, he ghosted me! My experience with recruitment within this company is unfortunate because it d̶o̶e̶s̶ did seem like a good company to work at. The recruiter is the front face of the company and now because of his disrespectful and inconsistent layers of communication it will always have a negative review from me.

Interview Questions
  • General questions about background and interest in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Gatwick, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few days after by a technical recruiter, Julia. The whole process was very well explained and organised. Julia was extremely kind and always took the time to explain what to expect from each interview and how to prepare. She also always ensured to share constructive feedback after each interview. The overall process was a classic one for a Data Analyst position: online test > phone screening with recruiter > behavioural interview with a manager > live SQL test. I unfortunately haven’t passed the SQL test but I believe there were additional steps such as a take home data analysis exercice and 1 or 2 short additional interviews with the commercial teams. I had a real pleasant experience and met very talented and inspiring people throughout the process. Can only wish the best of luck to the Retail Media Analytics Team!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you were in a disagreement with your manager and how you’ve handled the situation
  • Tell me about a project where you’ve used data analysis to drive strategical recommendations

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (Tokyo) in Sep 2020

Interview

The interviewers were nice and friendly. They always replied within a week and it was easy to reach out to them. The process included a technical test with coding and machine learning related questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Criteo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo

Interview

It was a really bad interview process. I applied for this company because I like what the company is doing and I have a great passion for this position. I have been through each step of interview process. After the final round of interview, I was told that I would be given an update about whether I will get an offer or not. After two polite follow-ups, I still haven't got a response. I think the company should be respectful of each candidate. They deserve closure!!!!!

Interview Questions
  • Why you want to join this company?
  • How well do you use SQL, Python?
9 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Paris

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Criteo (Paris) in Feb 2020

Interview

Very friendly process ; case study based. Appreciated the opportunity to play with some of the concepts. Appreciated the debrief of the interview at the end , laying out how the case study was related to the actual work done.

Interview Questions
  • Estimate the mattress market, with changes in hypothesis w.r.t. distribution of mattress renewal rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris

Application

Interview

Après la candidature en ligne, j'ai reçu une invitation pour faire un test analytique un ligne. Le test était long pour une demie heure de limite. Les questions étaitaient très quantitatives sur les définitions des concepts affichées avant commencer le test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Criteo

Application

I interviewed at Criteo

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter. Exchange was pleasant and responsive, and very transparent. Went through a phone conversation, an online skills assessment, followed by interviews with the line manager, a member of another team you'd work with, and finally the director. Interview was in-depth and all rounded and technical. At all stages, the people i was in contact with were very open to talk about the company and the expectations in the role.

Interview Questions
  • Asked approach based questions, tested understanding and knowledge of the adtech space as well as analytical approaches.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Interviews