Criteo Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Criteo Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Criteo

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn, had a 15 minute call with him. Then a 30 minute call with a hiring manager, a take home assignment, an intense 4 part interview on-site, a final check in call with the hiring manager and then an offer.

Interview Questions

• when will there be more dead profiles on Facebook than alive ones   Answer Question

Apr 29, 2019 – Criteo People Team

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your interview process with Criteo. We are glad that you had a positive experience with us which resulted in you joining the team.

Other Interview Reviews for Criteo

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

1 phone screening, 1 phone interview, and 2 in-person rounds (one which entails preparing a case study)
    Great experience! Everyone I met during the process was easy to talk to and straightforward with their questions. Even the case study round in which you present your responses to a small group felt very conversational and less formal as they asked questions throughout, and were very understanding when pointing out a misstep or something that could have been done differently.

Interview Questions

• Describe your communication style when working on a cross-functional team:   Answer Question
    • Case Study: analyzing a large set of fake data and answering a set of questions in a slide deck format to present to a small team (as if they were a client)   Answer Question

Mar 15, 2019 – Criteo People Team

We appreciate you taking the time to share some feedback on your interview process with Criteo. We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience and have accepted an offer. All the best and welcome to Criteo.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Criteo in January 2019.

Interview

I had a few rounds of interviews. They provided me with a sample dataset and asked me to come in and prepare a presentation about the dataset and answer some questions they have. It was a very fair interview process. The second interview was more of a business case type of interview where they try to gage how you think. No surprises really

Interview Questions

Criteo Response

Mar 14, 2019 – R&D Team

Hello and thank you for sharing your interviewing experience with us.

We are committed to ensuring a fair assessment for all candidates, so we are delighted that you felt this is what we have achieved!

And most importantly.. Welcome to the Criteo family!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was invited for a 30 minute phone interview. Very basic question about my background with different software programs and what projects I have worked on in the past.

Interview Questions

• How much have you used Tableau? Give me an example of how you have used it   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo.

Interview

Had a first interview, did their recruitment test, was told they inquired for a second interview but after that I never heard anything more from them. Just felt very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Not necessarily the most difficult question but they asked you to describe Criteo's business model and services quite in-depth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I went though the first four steps:

The first consisted of a 30 minutes chat on the phone about the position and about my background, the company and my motivations with HR.

The second was a online test. I had to do research on all the formulas used in online marketing, they're very specific. The math is not hard though.

Third was a 30 minutes talk with a leading member of the the data analyst team I applied for. It was about my background and how I would be a good fit as well as my understanding of the company and some technical questions.

The fourth was in two parts. I was sent a case study to go through and make into a presentation. It consisted of an excel file full of data, and the prompt was to find something interesting about it and prepare a presentation describing your findings, the method you used and so on.
    The following interview consisted of an hour of brain teasers and math/programming questions. The second hour was about presenting the case study followed by a Q&A session. Then there was another half an hour of questions, more personal and motivational, where I got a chance to ask questions of my own.

Interview Questions

• Example brain teaser: In how many years were there will be more dead people profiles than alive people profiles on Facebook.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview with a Sr. Data Analyst, which led to a round of three interviews with other Sr. Data Analyst, one manager, and one Business Developer. Mix of "fit" interviews and technical interviews. Process in both English and French. Interviewers make the process as comfortable as possible for you (no "trap questions").

Interview Questions

• What is the business model of criteo?   2 Answers
    • Basic SQL questions (use of inner, outer joins)   1 Answer
    • what happens if a client is worrying about a decrease in RTB revenues   1 Answer
    • A few Brain Teasers   1 Answer
    • Basic Criteo's metrics questions (CTR, CR, COS...)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole interview is OK. They will contact you first to schedule a phone interview, and do a test. During the phone interview, they asked about the basic question. Introduce yourself, you skills, how proficient of the skills. However, it takes a long time to get feedback.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter. Exchange was pleasant and responsive, and very transparent. Went through a phone conversation, an online skills assessment, followed by interviews with the line manager, a member of another team you'd work with, and finally the director. Interview was in-depth and all rounded and technical. At all stages, the people i was in contact with were very open to talk about the company and the expectations in the role.

Interview Questions

• Asked approach based questions, tested understanding and knowledge of the adtech space as well as analytical approaches.   1 Answer

Sep 3, 2019 – Criteo People Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very glad that you had a positive interview experience and joined the team. Welcome to Criteo!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Paris (France)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview went quickly and smoothly. It started with a HR phone screen, then followed

I went through the first four steps:

The first consisted of a short call with HR about the role and my background.
    The second was a online test. I had to do research on all the formulas used in online marketing, they're very specific. The math is not hard though and there is some basic statistics.

Third was a 1 hour talk with a leading member of the the data analyst team I applied for. It was about my background and how I would be a good fit as well as my understanding of the company and some technical questions.

The following interview was again about my motivation and understanding of Criteo's buisness model. Afterwards, there was half an hour of brain teasers and math/programming questions.

Interview Questions

• When will there be as much dead people Facebook accounts as living people accounts?
      Explain how random forest algorithm works.
      First and second price auction   1 Answer

Sep 3, 2019 – Criteo People Team

We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. We love to hear that applicants are having a positive candidate experience. We hope that you'll consider reapplying to Criteo again in the future.