Criteo Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Criteo Interview Questions in London, England

Technical Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview
    Tech task
    Accounts manager interview
    Team lead interview
    Manager interview
    Director interview.

Just to expand a little bit on the overall experience. I work currently for fortune 500 (top20) company. Was curious about the role, opportunities etc and got a referral.

Reached the interview process stage 6 (interview with the Director), after that, they just disappeared, didn't reply on follow up email and no feedback on the application status (after the final interview). Would I consider applying now ? Of course not.

Employer Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the recruiter (about 30 mins) and then was invited to a face to face interview with the manager of the role in their London office. This interview lasted about an hour, and the lady was very nice and approachable. Was shown around the office after the interview and was told I would hear back within a few weeks. Fast forward three months - and I have not heard a single thing from Criteo. Even a an email to tell me I hadn't been successful would have sufficed!

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would build a reputable Employer Brand for Criteo?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The process started with the first call with Criteo's HR department to introduce my background and checked my motivations. Then an online test on the industry's knowledge is requested to move the next step. After having passed it, I met the Team Manager for a 1hour interview. The last step was a presentation, a case study and a sale pitch to the Team Manager and the Head of the department. Both last interviews were really interesting and open to good discussions. Finally, I had the reply within the same day.
    The process put in place by Criteo is incredible, the HR department is really supportive, available and professional and all the participants are clever minds really keen to grasp talents and give them a chance to join a talented company like Criteo.
    I command this interview process to anyone who is motivated and keen to learn.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Long, protracted, poorly organized.

There were a series of calls arranged that individually all went very well. HR was extremely poor in providing any feedback. The entire process took more than 6 weeks. It felt like my brains were being picked more than I was being seriously considered for the role. I would be told that they would be making a decision shortly, and then suddenly be told I had more interviews to do.

The final task I was asked to demonstrate how I would bring a product to market. The original instructions were very clear:

"Similar to the previous exercise, I’m mostly interested to see your approach and thinking rather than the specific answer".

This is a huge amount of work to undertake in a weekend but I put together an example Opportunity Assessment, Product Brief and Go To Market plan - with example outputs for the the particular product they'd asked me to work on. It was by no means intended to be a perfect, finished piece of work but designed to demonstrate the process and how certain outputs related to that product would be generated through that process.

I received no feedback until I repeatedly prompted, finally to be told that I hadn't been successful but would need to attend another call to hear deep and constructive feedback. I was unable to make the call and asked instead if the feedback could be emailed to me.

In summary the feedback was that in doing exactly what I had been asked, I had not been successful:

"Too much of the presentation was spent on how product marketing is done vs. answering the specific questions."

And that I was too technical and this had been a common feedback theme throughout the whole 6 weeks (while they still continued to string me along).

So it seemed that I was being messed around and really what they were looking for was free work, competitive intelligence and ideas for their own process.

Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the revenue opportunity for a mobile video ad product?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview with a very nice lady and was told shortly after they wanted to see me for a face to face interview at the new London office later that week (October 2015). Over 3 weeks later I finally get the interview confirmed. The interviewer was cold, disinterested and clearly hadn't read my CV. Apart from when answering my questions the only thing he asked during the interview was 'Tell me about yourself' at the beginning. When I did he wasn't listening fully even though my previous work experience was ideal for the role. He then complained that he had to do interviews all day and 'would be writing reports until 1am'. And, that was it - the interview lasted 15 mins. I had waited longer in the Reception area. Thoroughly unprofessional and a waste of my time. I went into the interview desperate to get the job and left not caring.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A very unprofessional hiring process that took almost 3 months, with a lot of unresponsive emails and lack of proper explanation. At the end of the process, they decided to change the job location to another country.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a presentation of a sales pitch to simulate an opportunity.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Mid-Market Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted for the Sales Manager Mid-Market position by Criteo's internal Staffing Coordinator via LinkedIn. After responding to the initial inquiry I was asked to be available for a phone screening later that week. The phone screening involved discussing Criteo as a company, the role itself and you as a candidate. This is effectively stage 1/4 of the interview process ensuring that you understand the key concepts of the position and are a credible candidate.

If you are able to pass the question based competency evaluation (phone screening) you will then be asked to do an online analytical test. This test must be done within 72 hours of receiving the necessary email link and is stage 2/4 of the interview process. The 10 question test will have to be answered within 20 minutes and will focus on your numerical ability and critical understanding of core principles used within Criteo. The Staffing Coordinator will advise you by email of the subject ranges included within this examination. Therefore you should be able to revise the necessary principles used to derive the answers for the sales related digital marketing metric questions.

If you achieve the minimum required score, or greater, you will then be asked to attend a phone interview conducted by 2 members of the sales team within Criteo. One of these people will be your direct boss alongside another Head of Sales. This is stage 3/4 of the interview process and is effectively a more in-depth version of the initial phone screening. The big difference being that you will have to impress those directly responsible for hiring you so it is best to be firing on all cylinders here. Unfortunately I did not pass this part of the interview process, I believe this was mostly due to me not fitting their ideal candidate in terms of experience and profile.

Overall I was very happy with the interview process despite not progressing to stage 4. The Staffing Coordinator was very professional throughout and diligent with feedback. The final part of the interview process would have been based on a power point sales presentation given on Criteo's products/services.

Interview Questions

• In a 3 minute phone pitch sell Criteo's services as if I am the perspective merchant. (Stage 3 Sales Skills Evaluation)   Answer Question

Junior BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn by one of the company’s recruiters. The first step was a 30 min phone interview with this recruiter, who asked a few questions about my background and introduced me to the company. The second step was a timed online test consisting of questions related to online marketing (CPC, A/B testing, etc) and calculations involving percentages. Nothing difficult here since the recruiter told me in advance by e-mail of which concepts I should be familiar with before starting the test. The third step was an in-person interview at their office with a member of the BI team. The interview consisted of questions about the company’s product and business model, plus two “Google questions” (see below). I didn’t have a very clear understanding of the company’s product and failed to find the correct answer to one of the Google questions, so I didn’t make it any further.

Interview Questions

• Why do underground stations have three times more exits than entrances?

4 people want to cross a river. You have one barge that can hold no more than two passengers at a time. The first passenger rows at such speed that it takes him 1 min to cross the river. It takes the second 2 min, the third 5 min and the fourth 10 min. When there are two people in the barge, the slowest rower determines the speed at which they cross the river. What is the shortest amount of time in which you can get all 4 people to cross the river?
      6 Answers

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Criteo approached me through Linkedin and were interested in having a chat. I had brief chat with someone from the HR which was really good. Following that I had another 40 minutes long interview which was mainly about my CV, experience and how it is relevant for Criteo. Also I was asked if I know who are their competitors and what's their business model. I passed this interview successfully and had a final interview which was to make a business presentation of Criteo and to sell it to two of their managers. It was really a good experience, I learned quite a lot about their product and did extensive research. They really liked me and told me on the spot that they would like to hire me

Interview Questions

• Overall if you prepare for the intervieww and do enough research, you won't have difficult questions as you can expect what they can ask you about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation and honestly their offer was really good.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted me on Linkedin. Then arranged a call and wanted me to take an online test whenever ready. I loaded the test and had 20 minutes to answer 8 questions. THey were pretty basic/logical.
    but didnt have enough time to finish them as my internet broke down! wasn't lucky with that and they didnt allow me to retake it which is normal I guess. Well what is not normal and not professional at all is that they never answered my emails after second interview. Not even to let me know that I failed the test which I kind of understood that on my own when my computer broke down. If you do not want a third round interview with a candidate let him/her know, that was the most unprofessional experience I have ever had. No feedback nothing.