Criteo Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

Criteo Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

1 Phone/Screen Sharing
    4 Rounds of Onsite
    The recruitment team was super nice and probably the only silver lining in the entire process.
    The team was extremely rude so much I did want to walk out. I took up the issue with the co-ordinator during the break but seems like it backfired.The rest of the rounds were even more hostile where I clearly got the feeling that they ganged up against me once the recruiter voiced my concern.There was a small electronic gift which was given to me which I had left in the interview room during the break. When i come back, I see the gift was smashed on the ground trampled with feet.This is the height of nonsense and most unprofessional set of folks I have ever come across in my career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by recruiters at Palo Alto. We decided to skip the phone interviews since i am local and kinda have a schedule. This is one the best interviewing processes I ever had. The recruiter is very friendly, flexible, and caring the candidate. I didn't feel it was an interview, more like a discussion between friends. Everyone i met was super friendly.
    World-class engineering team, very interesting and promising products, nice office space and location, Great perks. Due to my personal reason (go to a diff area), i didn't move forward; but Criteo is like a hidden gem in silicon valley. Highly recommend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter at LinkedIn.Following by a Skype screen and a onsite at their office with 4 sections. It takes about one week to get the phone interview and another week to get the onsite. For the onsite, you must doing well for first two coding sections so that you get a chance for the following two sections (design and manager). After the 3rd section, I was told the manager section being skipped.
    I contact the recruiter one week after the interview knowing the interview was failed. Not really know the reason because recruiter don't get detail reasoning from the team.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer self introduce, then introduce your self. Following by a coding question.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was reached out to by a member of the recruiting team, phone interview and in person interviews ensued. I had the opportunity to ask all my questions and meet with key people who would help me decide if Criteo was the place for me. I quickly learned it was. Flawless and welcoming is the theme here. Coming from several big companies it was refreshing to see how a close nit group works even with a huge international presence.

Interview Questions

• Most questions surrounding leadership and process. Recruiting and technical experience.   Answer Question

Jan 31, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello, Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We are very pleased to learn that you had such a positive interview experience with us. I hope that you continue to enjoy ... More

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Senior Technical Recruiter. An initial phone screen to compare notes and to establish credentials occurred. The notes from the phone screen were made available to the hiring managers who overnight decided not to proceed further. This Senior Technical recruiter was classy enough to call me back the very next day and explain the reasons why the team decided so.

Given that most companies and their representative do not have the courtesy of explaining the rejection of an employment application, the fact that this company representative actually called to rejection explain their decision stood out. A very classy approach. If this style reflects the company culture, I am certainly impressed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about decisions that I had made in past employment stints where my decision had not proven to be appropriate. How had I corrected and what had I learned from the experience.   Answer Question

Dec 21, 2016 – Talent Operations Manager, Talent Acquisition

Hello! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're happy that it worked out for everyone here & we're also happy you had a positive experience. A great deal of time is spent on our process ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was very swift and ended in a week and a half. The recruiter reached out to me and spent enough time in giving insight about the company and offered documentation explaining the forthcoming process and what to expect. It starts with a Skype interview covering CS fundamentals and a coding question, followed by onsite interviews, 2 technical, 1 design and 1 HR. Each interview is an hour long and necessarily covers one of your projects listed on the resume for the first quarter.

The interviewers were friendly enough and would work on the solution with you instead of condescendingly posing them. The questions that you ask about the team and company at the end are noted to evaluate your interest in the company which apparently drives a positive culture.

Interview Questions

• Pick the project that you found most interesting to work on, drilled on its details and then why did you choose this project.
      Coding questions from leetcode
      Design question was challenging and very comprehensive
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

It started off with a phone call from the recruiter where we discussed about the role and my background. Next came a Skype interview with one of the engineers. That was followed by an office visit and 4 rounds of face-to-face interviews. Out of those, 2 rounds were purely coding and algorithms based, one was a design discussion on a large-scale problem and the final round was a manager's interview round.
    The people over there are really pleasant to talk to and they even give you a bag with some Criteo goodies.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions based on Tries, Arrays, Hash Tables. Design round was based on key-value stores. Everything can be found in "cracking the coding interview" or on leetcode.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall interview process was okay. Not too bad but still startup style which is not well organized. Interviews were fairly normal. It's not difficult. You can solve all of them if you ever checked interview books or leet code.
    I got an offer after interview. It took ~1 week.

Interview Questions

Initial offer was funny. They offered way lower salary than my current job. Base salary was ~20k lower than mine. RSUs were even lower.
    I thought recruiter was making a joke. I heard later, apparently, that it was not a joke.

Dec 21, 2016 – Talent Operations Manager, Talent Acquisition

Hi there! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us here on Glassdoor. It’s apparent that we have some areas of improvement here & your feedback will be surely be used to improve our ... More

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a very positive experience interviewing at Criteo. People are extremely smart and nice. The interview questions are structured exactly the way it should be done - to figure out what the candidate knows and what the strengths are and not to torture candidates or to show off how smart the interviewer is. The process itself is pretty standard: phone screen with some basic coding test, then on-sight with algos, coding exercise and system design - standard stuff. The process itself is super smooth, the feedback on all stages is provided the next day. It took me a couple of days to schedule the phone screen, then a week to schedule the in-person interview and then I had an offer in 4 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Algos, coding exercise and system design. All of the moderate complexity. No trick questions. No puzzles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very generous - I had no need to negotiate.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Recruiter reached out, whole interview process spanned about 6 weeks. Recruiter asked about my background and interest level, quickly moved on to the next round. Had 3 VC interviews with folks abroad - focused on product vision for advertising technology. Most of the product and engineering team is abroad but this role was focused on a social role in Palo Alto. Brought in to the PA office for a final round, met with engineer and product leads. Did not receive an offer. Recruiter didn't provide any feedback.

Interview Questions

• How will DSPs/ad networks interact with facebook, pinterest, linkedin, twitter in the future?   Answer Question
    • What are some challenges to working with facebook ads api?   Answer Question