Criteo Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Criteo Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 19, 2017

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I did not know what to expect as this is my first job as a graduate however I found it to be quite stringent but overall I thought it was a positive experience and it gave me a good impression of the company

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between CPC, CPM en CPA model?   1 Answer

Technical Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview
    Tech task
    Accounts manager interview
    Team lead interview
    Manager interview
    Director interview.

Just to expand a little bit on the overall experience. I work currently for fortune 500 (top20) company. Was curious about the role, opportunities etc and got a referral.

Reached the interview process stage 6 (interview with the Director), after that, they just disappeared, didn't reply on follow up email and no feedback on the application status (after the final interview). Would I consider applying now ? Of course not.

Employer Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the recruiter (about 30 mins) and then was invited to a face to face interview with the manager of the role in their London office. This interview lasted about an hour, and the lady was very nice and approachable. Was shown around the office after the interview and was told I would hear back within a few weeks. Fast forward three months - and I have not heard a single thing from Criteo. Even a an email to tell me I hadn't been successful would have sufficed!

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would build a reputable Employer Brand for Criteo?   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Criteo.

Interview

Had a Skype interview with the recruiter based in Paris.
    We went over the job description and Criteo as a company. It was cordial and pleasant, the recruiter said he would get back in touch asap.

and then...nothing. Even worst: after a week I decided I would send an email to ask if they made a decision, to no avail, the recruiter would not answer. I repeated my email twice more, and was ignored again.

The lack of professionalism and respect is truly stupefying

Hope the company is a better than their employee seems to be

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The process started with the first call with Criteo's HR department to introduce my background and checked my motivations. Then an online test on the industry's knowledge is requested to move the next step. After having passed it, I met the Team Manager for a 1hour interview. The last step was a presentation, a case study and a sale pitch to the Team Manager and the Head of the department. Both last interviews were really interesting and open to good discussions. Finally, I had the reply within the same day.
    The process put in place by Criteo is incredible, the HR department is really supportive, available and professional and all the participants are clever minds really keen to grasp talents and give them a chance to join a talented company like Criteo.
    I command this interview process to anyone who is motivated and keen to learn.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Long, protracted, poorly organized.

There were a series of calls arranged that individually all went very well. HR was extremely poor in providing any feedback. The entire process took more than 6 weeks. It felt like my brains were being picked more than I was being seriously considered for the role. I would be told that they would be making a decision shortly, and then suddenly be told I had more interviews to do.

The final task I was asked to demonstrate how I would bring a product to market. The original instructions were very clear:

"Similar to the previous exercise, I’m mostly interested to see your approach and thinking rather than the specific answer".

This is a huge amount of work to undertake in a weekend but I put together an example Opportunity Assessment, Product Brief and Go To Market plan - with example outputs for the the particular product they'd asked me to work on. It was by no means intended to be a perfect, finished piece of work but designed to demonstrate the process and how certain outputs related to that product would be generated through that process.

I received no feedback until I repeatedly prompted, finally to be told that I hadn't been successful but would need to attend another call to hear deep and constructive feedback. I was unable to make the call and asked instead if the feedback could be emailed to me.

In summary the feedback was that in doing exactly what I had been asked, I had not been successful:

"Too much of the presentation was spent on how product marketing is done vs. answering the specific questions."

And that I was too technical and this had been a common feedback theme throughout the whole 6 weeks (while they still continued to string me along).

So it seemed that I was being messed around and really what they were looking for was free work, competitive intelligence and ideas for their own process.

Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the revenue opportunity for a mobile video ad product?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Criteo.

Interview

I had two Skype interviews. For the first they were 20 minutes late however it still went really well. For the second interview they went over by about 15 minutes so took 1hr 15m instead of just an hour. The interviewers were nice except in one of the interviews one of the people didn't speak at all and just stared at the screen.

The questions were coding exercises on a shared screen. They are nice people. I didn't get an offer and they took quite a long time to tell me that, and probably only because I emailed them to ask.

Interview Questions

• Coding exercises involving recursion, hash table and stack.   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo.

Interview

I was referred internally and the recruiter was very pleasant, understanding and also helpful.

I then carried out a JS and MySQL test - easy.

Finally after internal recruiter had changed I had an interview with the TS Director. Went downhill from there:

1. Didn't bother asking me any questions about my CV
    2. We were kicked out of a meeting room half way through, even though the woman only had her laptop?!
    3. Waited an age for feedback - only to find out that he thought I wasn't technical enough.

Fair enough - but he hardly tested my technical skills and hypothetical questions aren't a great judge. Any good manager will know people learn and express things in different ways.

Interview Questions

• Commentary based questions.
      Describe a technical application/tool in layman's terms   Answer Question

BI Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Criteo.

Interview

Had a phone interview lasting one hour. They said they were impressed and they would send me a test and set up a face to face interview. One week passed and I found out from the recruitment agency that the position had been offered and accepted by someone else.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Criteo (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview with a very nice lady and was told shortly after they wanted to see me for a face to face interview at the new London office later that week (October 2015). Over 3 weeks later I finally get the interview confirmed. The interviewer was cold, disinterested and clearly hadn't read my CV. Apart from when answering my questions the only thing he asked during the interview was 'Tell me about yourself' at the beginning. When I did he wasn't listening fully even though my previous work experience was ideal for the role. He then complained that he had to do interviews all day and 'would be writing reports until 1am'. And, that was it - the interview lasted 15 mins. I had waited longer in the Reception area. Thoroughly unprofessional and a waste of my time. I went into the interview desperate to get the job and left not caring.