Crohn's & Colitis Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crohn's & Colitis Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.4

Development Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online on August 25th, received an email on September 7th requesting to schedule a 'introductory phone interview' through a scheduling website and due a combination of HQ being in the East Coast time zone, my current unavailable hours, and HR's unavailable days - the interview was scheduled for September 18th.

I received an email on September 14th that my interview was canceled as someone had already been hired for the role and to let HR know if any other open positions caught my interest so they could review my credentials.

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Crohn's & Colitis Foundation (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I was contacted to say that my salary requirement were higher than their budgeted range for the position and could I please give them my "real" salary requirements. I replied that my state requirements were very much real. They proceeded with the process anyway. a few weeks later there was an initial phone screen. Then an in-person interview was scheduled. I found the process pretty tedious since they gave me days and times within 48 hours and I was not able to make it. I accepted another time and the HR office did not confirm in time. Without her confirmation, I had no idea of knowing if the interviewer was expecting me, or even where the interview would be. Another interview was scheduled and as I was paying the parking meter I got a call to cancel. Again, an interview was scheduled. The offie was tiny and cluttered. The interview itself seemed disorganized. Possibly because in such a small space the only place available for an interview was the ED's office. But there wasn't enough room for everyone so I met with 3 people 2 at a time. I got the impression that there had been a lot of turn over in the position and that they possibly had some unrealistic goals. They also made it clear that even though the job was meeting with sponsors and donors I was expected to spend most of my time in the office. Frankly, I didn't even see where I might find workspace in the office aside from a table in the middle of the open room. There was only a couple of desks and they were already occupied.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what kind of appliance I would be.   1 Answer

Endurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crohn's & Colitis Foundation (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a brief phone call as first round, took about 15 mins. Interviewer was very nice, provided time for me to ask questions as well. I realized in interview that this was not right job for me and interviewer understood. Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Crohn's & Colitis Foundation.

Interview

I was emailed a few days after I applied online to have a video call to screen for the position. It all seemed very average until I was asked what I was paid in my last positions. Once she noticed that this position (even though the title of manager is much higher than my previous) paid significantly less than I anticipated she basically told me that I did not want this job and ended the interview promptly

Director Interview

Interview

two phone interviews, one face to face with board member and upper level management; it was very easy I felt like by the second interview I was actually leading it as opposed to the other way around The person that did the phone interview was over 28 minutes late in calling me.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What three things do you see as your biggest strengths? They ask a lot of questions about past events and volunteer development - be prepared to bring samples in   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crohn's & Colitis Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online, got an email couple weeks later for a skype interview, then went in for a in person interview. Got hired two days later. The process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavior questions.   1 Answer

Director of Stewardship & Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crohn's & Colitis Foundation (Sheboygan, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Board and personnel committee of approximately 8 individuals from different committees of organization.
    Second Interview was with Overall Leader 1:1
    Third was my follow up and finally a job offer with some negotiation involved.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Friendly, respectful and agreeable.

Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Crohn's & Colitis Foundation (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Had one in person interview. Then came into the office to meet with the chapter. Then a week later I had a phone interview. Did't hear back for about 3 weeks that I got the job. Seemed like the entire process took and unnecessary amount of time. Asked to take time to think about the offer but was asked to make a decision on the spot probably because the process took so long, someone was certainly dragging their feet.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crohn's & Colitis Foundation in May 2014.

Interview

Initially found job posted on and internship site, and i applied online. heard back in a matter of days via email, and we set up a phone interview. After being asked about my interest in the field and my past experience, we set up a time to meet in person. I was interviewed about a week later at their office. Got the offer a few days afterwards.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crohn's & Colitis Foundation.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. The in-person interview was laid back. They wanted to make sure I was a go-getter and a hard worker.