Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. Two back-to-back 30 minute interviewers on campus. One was conversational and the other was pretty to the script. Both were fairly simple questions and they really to try to stress their casual environment that many millennial employees would prefer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you set precedence among tasks and how you came to this decision?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (DeKalb, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied at university career fair. Had 2 back-to-back interviews. One with senior manager and one with Partner. Partner interview was most intense interview i ever had in my life. He broke down my internship in a series of questions, and asked for details. I really enjoyed talking about my experiences. Waiting for second interview call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the duties you had on your past internship?
      Pick a particular client from your internship and explain how you helped that client?
      Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through college and career fair. Pre-interview dinner was nice. It was a reception with appetizers and presentations and casual q&a sessions. On campus interview was two back to back 30 minute interviews with a partner and a senior auditor. Both went down my resume and asked me about it. They also asked me standard questions they had in a booklet. Behavioral interview. Received an offer the day after my interview. Went to their office visit in Oak Brook and it was NICE.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic questions about you, about 4-5 behavioral. On campus interview with 1 partner and 1 senior manager. Applied on campus at meet the firms. Was selected to interview several days afterwards.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

They had a single round of interviews in the Fall for the position and put out offers very quickly compared to other firms. They did not have a second round of interviews like other firms, but did have a pre-interview get together at a local restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a group member that wasn't pulling their weight.   1 Answer

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I had back to back interviews with two interviewers. One person primarily asked behavioral questions while another person primarily asked about resume. They were friendly and willing to listen. The person with behavioral questions was a partner level while another person was a senior level accountant.

Interview Questions

• Describe your team experience
      Tell me about a time you struggled with your teammates.
      Answer Question

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

2 back-to-back first round interviews on-campus - 1 was behavioral, 1 was technical (asked basic questions about enterprise security, etc.). Notified that I was invited to second round about 2 weeks after first. Second round was an office visit to Oak Brook - included bowling pre-night with employees from the firm. Second day was an office tour and lunch with employees in the units we were interviewing with. There was no interview during the second round, just office visit. Received offer about 2 weeks after visit.

Interview Questions

• What kind of password parameters would you put in place for employees to log into the network? Applications?   Answer Question

Accounting/Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair on campus. Got a call for a phone interview a month later. Proceeded to final round at the Crowe office in Chicago, for an interview with a manager and a partner. It took a really long time to hear back (about 2-3 weeks after the interview).

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me what kind of role you typically play in a group setting?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (DeKalb, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on our campus, received a call from the director the next day and was offered a position. She told me that I would be a great fit and that I would work in the oak brook office. The Partners were friendly and seemed like really good people. I am naturally a good interviewer so I did not have any problems. If you are shy or not so good, speak up, think through your answers and you will rock. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you questioned a authority figure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Technically I have yet to accept it but I am pretty sure I am going to accept. Not negotiating, I know how much friends were offered by the firm, I am happy if I am offered what they were offered.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial campus interview/phone interview with recruiter; second round interview with associate and manager; last round interview with multiple team members followed by interviews with managers and partners. All were 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• In what ways have you worked to grow and expand your professional network?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation package was competitive and acceptable as presented.