Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

After a phone screen from the internal recruiter, I also had a phone screen with a senior data scientist. It was fairly straightforward, with the most difficult question being to pick a machine learning algorithm and describe how it works.

Then, I had three half-hour interview sessions, and one longer interview session all on the same day in person at the chicago office. The first three mostly just had me discuss machine learning I had done in previous projects at school and work, were fairly conversational and straight forward. My fourth interview was a little trickier, as it contained a couple coding questions and typical "top data science interview questions" you might see on line.

Nothing was terribly difficult. It was obvious they just wanted to make sure you know your stuff and would work well with the team.

Interview Questions

• describe bias–variance tradeoff   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Great, met with staff and partner in Chicago. They asked great questions and were very through in their description of the company and the position expectations. They made the company and job sound fun and interesting.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Crowe   1 Answer

Public Sector Enterprise Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

On campus interview (30 min) followed by a site visit with 2 interviews. one with a partner and senior manager (30 minutes apiece). The site visit was very laid back, most conversation revolved around "fit" and matching values.

Interview Questions

• What is most important to you in a career   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with phone screens with HR, followed by an informal meeting with a team lead, which resulted in an in-person. Met and interviewed (for a half day) with multiple team members, including leadership, to discuss my background and why I would be a good fit.

Audit Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I interned in a different office before asking to transfer to Chicago. The manager from my prior internship set me up with an interview here. I talked with Stuart, the managing partner, and then had a formal interview with two partners. Which was followed by a lunch with a few Crowe auditors.

Summer Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

An alumni hosted a recruiting event at my university and he collected resumes. Heard back a few weeks later and was invited back for an interview. I had two back-to-back interviews with members of the tax team and then went out to lunch with my interviewers and a few more members of the tax team to see how I interacted and if they felt like I would be a good addition to the team. I received an email with an offer a little while later (I can't remember if it was a few days or a few weeks).

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. Two back-to-back 30 minute interviewers on campus. One was conversational and the other was pretty to the script. Both were fairly simple questions and they really to try to stress their casual environment that many millennial employees would prefer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you set precedence among tasks and how you came to this decision?   Answer Question

Performance Consulting(M&D) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was very casual and conversational. We walked through my resume and the interviewer asked a few follow-ups. Did not feel like an interview at all. The final round interview was at the Chicago office. There was a rotation where we were able to ask questions and then I had a brief interview with a staff member and then a partner. Both were not bad and very conversational.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (DeKalb, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied at university career fair. Had 2 back-to-back interviews. One with senior manager and one with Partner. Partner interview was most intense interview i ever had in my life. He broke down my internship in a series of questions, and asked for details. I really enjoyed talking about my experiences. Waiting for second interview call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the duties you had on your past internship?
      Pick a particular client from your internship and explain how you helped that client?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through college and career fair. Pre-interview dinner was nice. It was a reception with appetizers and presentations and casual q&a sessions. On campus interview was two back to back 30 minute interviews with a partner and a senior auditor. Both went down my resume and asked me about it. They also asked me standard questions they had in a booklet. Behavioral interview. Received an offer the day after my interview. Went to their office visit in Oak Brook and it was NICE.