Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was made via email and a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was more detailed than most and lasted approximately 30 minutes. After about a week, I was invited in for an interview. Interviews we scheduled with all department head and his managers. Everyone was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral interview questions, which I liked, but some of them didn't seem to pertain to a support position.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with Crowe as part of the college recruiting process. The interview consisted of 2 separate thirty minute interviews with two different members of the audit team. The interview consisted of behavior based questions such as, "describe a time when...". The questions focused on times where leadership was shown and cases of working on teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem with a co-worker and how did you work to resolve it?   Answer Question

Senior Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Good. It was a pretty Standard Interview Process. Not too difficult. The interviewers were nice and polite. I applied through my college career center and it prepared me to the type of questions that were going to be asked. I guess I did a good job in the interview as I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and a little bit of technical.
      At the time, I was applying for a Staff position, so they didn't expect me to know much about real life experience.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I had back to back interviews with two interviewers. One person primarily asked behavioral questions while another person primarily asked about resume. They were friendly and willing to listen. The person with behavioral questions was a partner level while another person was a senior level accountant.

Interview Questions

• Describe your team experience
      Tell me about a time you struggled with your teammates.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

They had a single round of interviews in the Fall for the position and put out offers very quickly compared to other firms. They did not have a second round of interviews like other firms, but did have a pre-interview get together at a local restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a group member that wasn't pulling their weight.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic questions about you, about 4-5 behavioral. On campus interview with 1 partner and 1 senior manager. Applied on campus at meet the firms. Was selected to interview several days afterwards.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through college and career fair. Pre-interview dinner was nice. It was a reception with appetizers and presentations and casual q&a sessions. On campus interview was two back to back 30 minute interviews with a partner and a senior auditor. Both went down my resume and asked me about it. They also asked me standard questions they had in a booklet. Behavioral interview. Received an offer the day after my interview. Went to their office visit in Oak Brook and it was NICE.

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

2 back-to-back first round interviews on-campus - 1 was behavioral, 1 was technical (asked basic questions about enterprise security, etc.). Notified that I was invited to second round about 2 weeks after first. Second round was an office visit to Oak Brook - included bowling pre-night with employees from the firm. Second day was an office tour and lunch with employees in the units we were interviewing with. There was no interview during the second round, just office visit. Received offer about 2 weeks after visit.

Interview Questions

• What kind of password parameters would you put in place for employees to log into the network? Applications?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (DeKalb, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied at university career fair. Had 2 back-to-back interviews. One with senior manager and one with Partner. Partner interview was most intense interview i ever had in my life. He broke down my internship in a series of questions, and asked for details. I really enjoyed talking about my experiences. Waiting for second interview call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the duties you had on your past internship?
      Pick a particular client from your internship and explain how you helped that client?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

On campus recruit. On campus interview, followed by office visit and a number of interviews throughout the day. Lunch with audit group, and final meeting partner when I received offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical entry level interview questions - describe a challenge you've overcome, etc. Office visit interviews were more targeted about your interest in audit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation at staff level. Received offer letter as I learned I got the job. I don't think there is much flexibility for inexperienced new hires, not that there should be.