Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

From the start they are very friendly and helpful in terms of any questions you would have. Interviews are very easy and center around your standard behavioral questions.

IT Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

First round was two 1:1 behavioral interviews. I interviewed with a senior manager and the campus recruiter. It was very simple and some of the questions were asked in both interviews. I got a call back the next day inviting me to a 2nd round interview.

The 2nd round interview was at the office. It was only 1 interview, but mostly was a conversation about the position. It is a pretty easy process as long as you know your skills and express them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Winter Audit Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

On campus interview was two half hour interviewers. Asked really bizarre questions and my interviewer tried to write down everything I was saying. I kind of got turned off by that and started spewing out STAR because I think she was required to write in that format. Got a call a few hours later that invited me to second round. Office visit was 8:30-3pm but I only had one interview with a person that started a few months ago. Some people interviewed with partners and managers but for some reason I didn't. The day started with a presentation for a couple of hours then one interview then lunch then office tour then panel discussion. It was way too long and everyone was way too tired (maybe it was due to the large lunch). Got an offer a couple hours later. Really nice people but the interview process was odd compared to big 4.

Interview Questions

• In second round interview, they asked me to rate my excel, word, powerpoint, and access on a scale from 1-5.. really now?   Answer Question

I have another big 4 offer. Offer was very competitive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Received an offer to interview through the career website at school. Went in for the on campus interviews and had 2 behavioral. Invited for an office visit which consisted of a discussion, not really a true interview, and a lot of presentations about the firm. Rather easy and laid back. Was surprised there was no technical interview as every other company I worked for had one. Seemed more focused on whether you would "be fun" to work with rather than your skill level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Not school, not background, but you. What makes you you?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

The interviews were easy, they need to hire competent people and will ask you to describe skills, experiences, projects, etc. Know your game and you will get through it. I knew more than the technical interviewers, so was actually fun. Background check was extremely thorough, any skeletons in the closet will be found if you aren't professional.

Interview Questions

• My interview was so easy, there was not a difficult or unexpected question although the onsite interview took a full day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, they had a range with a limit, I asked for the limit and got it.

Software Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

No technical interview. The entire interview process is behavior based. Its a consulting company, so they want people that will perform well in front of clients.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. Just try to be as cool as you possibly can.   Answer Question

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. Two back-to-back 30 minute interviewers on campus. One was conversational and the other was pretty to the script. Both were fairly simple questions and they really to try to stress their casual environment that many millennial employees would prefer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you set precedence among tasks and how you came to this decision?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

I came into contact with the company through their website. First off, the professionals were very polite, smart, and friendly throughout the process. I would understand their different groups and try to see where your skils fit to help the organization succeed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

2 interviews, thought everyone was passionate about what they do and I thought they did a great job of selling the firm. Most important thing is to be able to explain why you want to work for them as opposed to big 4.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial campus interview/phone interview with recruiter; second round interview with associate and manager; last round interview with multiple team members followed by interviews with managers and partners. All were 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• In what ways have you worked to grow and expand your professional network?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation package was competitive and acceptable as presented.