Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Dallas, TX

2.8

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through college website. First interview was at the college career center. Then I was invited to the office visit and the dinner. Prepare some questions to ask them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and tell me something that is not on your resume.   1 Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met the company at a Career Fair at my university. The recruiter was a current employee and was pretty laid-back. I got an email asking me to sign up for their 1st round of interview even though career portal said I didn't qualify. Their minimum GPA is 3.0, but prefer 3.2 and I have 3.1 (I work full-time though). Regardless, I was at the interview on campus 15 minutes early. The first interview didn't start till 8:35. For each interview, they just asked me 2-3 basic questions like "tell me about yourself" and then 5 minutes into the interview, they opened it up for me to ask questions. I was armed with plenty of questions to ask, but the answers were very formal and there was no connection.
    2 weeks later, I received an email saying they were still interested, but they would like to wait to make a decision until they have finished 1st round interviews at all the campuses. This was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything else. So, I'm assuming I'm out.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process with Crowe Horwath was easily the worst I have ever had in my career. I was referred to the company by a friend and put in touch with a memeber of the recruiting team for recent college graduates in the Midwest. I had an initial call with the recruiter and then was passed to a parter where I had another phone screen. Both interviews went well and I was told I would be an excellent fit for many parts of their organization.

Here is where everything seemed to fall apart. Because I was such a good "fit" for a couple of their lines of business they could not figure out where to place me. It appeared that just ran in circles instead of taking any type of decisive action. I was stalled and forced to reach out them several times to get them to move on anything. Finally the woman I was working with just stopped answering me all together. At this point the friend who referred me reached out the one of the Principals of the Dallas Office (Where I was aiming to work) to try and get some forward movement. We had another phone interview and he agreed that I would be an excellent fit for the organization and said he would make some calls and get back to me by the weeks end. Low and behold, despite countless follow ups from both me and my friend he never once got back to me.

This process lasted three months. Now, I don't care if they didn't want to hire me, I just wish they would have been up front instead of dragging me along and getting my hopes up time and time again. This was a tumultuous process and definitely took its tool on me emotionally. I was beyond disappointed with the professionalism of this company and insulted that treated someone who really wanted to work with them like garbage. I would never recommend this company to anyone, especially recent graduates who are looking to work in a place with sound leadership.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an email asking if I wanted to interview with them on-campus. Two back-to-back interviews, one with one of the Audit staff, and another with one of the HR. First one was basically going over the resume and the second one was more of a conversational interview. Both went pretty well, and I got an email a week later asking to do an office visit + pre-night event. Pre-night event was fun, did a scavenger hunt and ate dinner at a fancy restaurant. Next day we had another back-to-back interview, one with a partner, one with a director, both went pretty well again. There was also a panel session where we could ask questions and a presentation in the middle. In about a week, I got a phone call telling me I got an offer, fast response, love the culture and the environment.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you out of all the candidates?
      Why Crowe?
      Why Tax?
      Answer Question

Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by someone at the firm who found my resume before hosting campus interviews. I was then invited to an office interview which consisted of two one on one interviews. Very straightforward campus and office interviews. Great responsiveness. There were no trick questions so just be honest. There were no application questions because they just want to get to know you as a person to see if you'll fit in with the team.

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Preliminary interview on campus with partner and staff from both business and tech risk. They ask what area you are interested in and ask very high level questions about your experiences. If they like you then you will be contacted for an office visit. There are a lot of optional events to attend (which you definitely should if possible). There is a lot of wining/dining. Then office interviews with principals/partners. Not incredibly difficult. Just be honest, they are definitely more interested in your personality.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and had my first interview on campus. It was pretty straightforward. They were very concerned with when you could sit for the CPA and made it a point that you had to have it to work for them. I plan on taking it so that was not an issue. I interviewed with a partner who was very nice.
    The interview was mostly just going over my resume step by step. Not very many behavioral questions. Overall an easy interview, but hard to tell how it went.

Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through college, quick one on one interviews with 2 managers. Followed later by an office visit. The visit included a group activity the night before which included a scavenger hunt through downtown Dallas. The day of the visit was enjoyable with breakfast and lunch included. They gave a panel interview as well as a tour and one on one interviews. Tax, Audit and risk candidates were all in attendance.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I got recruited on campus and it was a 30 minute interview I believe where I interviewed with a staff and a senior manager. Then later I got invited to an office visit and there I had two more interviews, one with a partner and the other with a manger(?). Soon afterwards I got an email with an offer for the job.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Met them at career fair, submit my resume. Had an on campus interview with 2 senior managers, back-to-back, 30 mins each. They play good cop bad cop. One goes through your resume, one is more on conversational basis. Just make sure to come up with a lot of questions cause they expect you to have questions. Got invited to a prenight event at Top Golf Dallas, which was very nice. They divide you up in groups of 6, 3 candidates, 3 staffs are in each group. The office visit cool, they held a panel discussion, you have chances to ask questions. Then they interview you, similar to on campus interview, 2 30 mins interviews back-to-back. Office tour, presentations, and then took you out for lunch( they also offer breakfast too btw). Gave each candidate a bag of gift, with cupcakes, a mug, and also a Starbucks gift card. Overall very nice office visit, they give out a positive vibe.