Crowe Horwath Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crowe Horwath Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call that lasted about thirty minutes with someone I had already interacted with previously. We went through the basics of what location I would like to work in as well as some typical interviewing questions.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position, and I got an email from the HR asking to have a phone interview with me. The phone interview lasted for about half an hour. The purpose of the phone call is to see whether you are suitable for the position, and what kind of person you are.

Data Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiting team. After expressing interest I got a phone interview with a team member. The phone interview was nice and explained the role further with some questions about my background. It was followed by an online exam: Math, Analytics, and Verbal (Think of a GRE exam). Then a personality test. After that I was contacted for a face to face interview. The interview was with 2 team members, a manager, a deputy, and the team leader. First four were friendly conversations for half an hour each. The last one was actually an exam! The team leader started asking questions about statistics ranging from relevant to silly (what is Curtosis...) Then Moved to other aspects of machine learning. He also presented a small script for a code and asked me to explain it and how I would write it differently.

I thought the interview went well. The next day I was informed that while there was plenty of positive feedback, they were not sure that I can deliver at the level needed fast enough. The recruiting team was very good in reaching out and expediting this process in a very professional and kind manner. I am not sure what to make out of some of the question of the interview. or how they reached their conclusions about my candidacy throw them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about skew (in statistics).   1 Answer
    • What is Curtosis ?   2 Answers
    • What is R^2 and I was given two data samples with one having R^2 = .85 and the other one R^2 = .95 and asked to say which one I think was better modeled etc.   Answer Question
    • Take a look at this script (in R) and explain to me what it does, and what would you change in it.   1 Answer
    • What is an ROC curve?   Answer Question

Software Developer/Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for the company. Did a short phone interview with the recruiter after which was directed to do a Coding Challenge with a time from of one week. After the challenge had a phone interview with a developer at the company. After this interview there was a few week break, then was contacted and told they were looking for senior developers and if they had more budget would contact me about a non senior position at a later time.

Interview Questions

• What project or program made you the most proud and why.   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was one 30 minute interview with a Senior Staff member. It was very conversation oriented and questions were not too technical. They look for you to have a general understanding of client based work and how things are done on the consultant side.

Interview Questions

• What is an advantage and disadvantage to cloud computing   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (New York, NY).

Interview

It was mostly behavioral questions. I had 2 back to back interviews 30 minutes long. they became more like a 2 way conversation and i had a pleasant time conversing with both my of my interviewers.

I was happy that they didn't make me feel intimidated instead they seem very welcoming and friendly.
    overall, It was a great experience and I am happy to have interviewed at Crowe

Interview Questions

• how do you prioritize things you have to do at work or school.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (New York, NY).

Interview

Met up with the HR executive for a short interview session and was handed a short English test. Following which, another interview with the director of the team. Had to do a case study on the spot and identify the lapse in controls.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Interview

Two back to back interviews with tax partners, each was about 30 minutes. The first interview was mainly the tax partner asking me questions off my resume. Some questions included what was my favorite/least favorite course and why, why tax, questions about the accounting firm I had interned at, why my GPA was low, etc. Second interview consisted just of the tax partner telling me that it was my time to basically interview him. Overall, definitely enjoyed the environment that Crowe provided, as well as the people there. I had attended a social earlier that week as well and everyone was just extremely personable and approachable. Unfortunately I was looking for a full time offer and they would only offer me an internship so I had to deny.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (New York, NY).

Interview

Back to back interview with HR and senior manager. The process was smooth. Have to fill out an application form before interview. Interview is conversational type rather than technical. Both HR and senior manager are super nice! Senior Manager asked more imaginary questions like What-if.....

Interview Questions

• Why Accounting?
      How to keep in touch with people?
      Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Government Performance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiters at campus career fair. Got an email a few weeks later inviting me to interview on campus. Pre-night dinner the night before interview where I met some employees and my interviewer. Interview was easy and laid back. All behavorial and resume questions. Invited to office visit a few weeks after. Lunch, presentation on company and government performance division, two interviews.