Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.1

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and got called to do an interview the next day, which made me impressed!!! Lady was really nice and on top of it. Asked lots of questions, Which is a great thing!

Restaurant Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

I applied online, and uploaded my resume. Almost a month went by before I received a phone call from the manager of the restaurant in the hotel. We set a date for an in person interview. I showed up five minutes early, and not seeing anyone in the restaurant (which is open to the lobby) I inquired at the front desk. I was informed that the manager was running late as he had an "errand" off-premises and should return shortly. After waiting about 45 minutes, the front desk clerk, apologized and offfered me coffee, tea, or bottled water from the station in the lobby. I made myself a cup of tea. At this point a few servers had arrived in the restaurant to set up, I commented how beautiful the restaurant decor was. Finally after an hour, the manager showed up, breathlessly apologizing to me, then went on to say that he had been in court attempting to deny a previous employee's Unemployment claim. The fact he went on about how he was fighting an former employee in court, and worse yet seemed happy about it, seemed highly unprofessional at an employment interview. Unfortunately it got even more unprofessional. He then tells me, he has to reschedule the interview because he "got stuck" at the last minute to do a wine tasting event, and had to go open "100" bottles of wine. I (only somewhat) jokingly replied, "If you need some help, I'm available." He rudely replied how he needed a professional. Considering I AM a professional, with much experience, as he would realize after reading my resume, I was highly offended, but just smiled. He then offered me breakfast, which was odd, considering by now it was 11:30AM. I politely declined, and he told me he had to run, but would call me later that afternoon to reschedule. He never did, and I wouldn't have rescheduled after his unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions

• If I wanted breakfast at 11:30AM, after the manager was not only a full hour late to the interview, he wanted to reschedule.   1 Answer

Unprofessionalism from the manager.

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Wyomissing, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Poorly managed in the common lobby of the hotel, the interviewer made eye and verbal contact with others walking through the hotel while attempting to have a dialogue with me. The department director told me of his and his wife's duties in the hotel. The interviewer told me what the hotel offered employees but did not ask me what I could bring to the establishment.

Interview Questions

• Could I work a rotating schedule and weekends.   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Front Office manager and HR assistant separately. I was offered a position the same day pending a lower salary offer than I was desiring. I took a day to think on it then accepted after reviewing my options.They asked very typical questions and didn't dig very deeply into some work history gaps.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you have gone above and beyond your required duties to exceed expectations.   Answer Question

Reservations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Hollywood, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from HR in a reasonably short amount of time. At the end of the telephone call HR person asked when would be a good time for a face 2 face interview. Did face 2 face interview very well. Was interviewed by Director of Revenue Management, then I was interviewed by General Manager and then I was interviewed by Director of Rooms Division, and then I was interviewed by Director of Sales and Marketing. I was interviewed by HR as well. (Interview took about 2.5 hours in total) Next day I was called and offered the position, I was told to wait until Monday for the offer letter. On Monday, I was sent an email saying that they were going to go in "another direction".

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty chilled environment nothing to hard to get nervous about. They made you feel as if you were just having a personal conversation. You were one on one with the person that would be hiring along with the person that would be watching but guiding you through the rest of your process until fully employed by the company

Interview Questions

• How can you be beneficial to our company   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

It was a fairly easy and basic interview. They asked a lot of behavioral "name a time when" questions. The human resources director is very nice and helps you feel relaxed. If you have serving experience it should not be too stressful.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts in August 2015.

Interview

I was just recently hired at this place and I am excited to work for this company, had a great interview. Hired right on the spot and also you must be able to pass a drug test

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview with H.R. on a Thursday afternoon. At the end of the interview she told me she would call in a few days to set up a f2f. By Tuesday I was scheduled for a Friday Interview... I'm currently waiting to hear something back from them...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. What were the results?   Answer Question

Barista- Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Billings, MT) in August 2015.

Interview

One interview with Starbucks manager, and an interview with the general manger of the hotel. After interviews I had to wait for a background check. The background check took well over a week, in that same time I accepted another job.