Cruise Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cruise Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Cruise

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cruise (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I contacted one of the alumni in Cruise, and was then contacted by the recruiter. I passed the phone screen and OA, but did not pass the technical interview. The recruiter is responsive and friendly. The interview question seems to be easy at first, but it actually requires very advanced understanding in data structure.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cruise

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cruise in January 2017.

Interview

call with recruiter, hackerrank, first round technical phone interview, then final round techincal phone interview (two back to back interviews on a video call). I was located far away so I did not have an onsite interview.
    The questions were leetcode easy - medium, nothing too bad. One was a classic, one was a classic algorithm solution (BFS), and the other was just really easy. Easy interview I did one problem and one problem only. One I ran, two I did not run although they wanted me to code it to run. I ran out of time and the problem was to complex, plus I used java which caused me to be slower since I had to make classes and such at times. The final round, my interviewer didnt respond much and I was nervous he didnt like my solution since it didnt run and he asked for it to. I got an email the same night by my recruiter that she wanted to call me for a quick five minutes. I got an offer the next day.
    Cruise gave me 7500 total for relocation and they pay all interns the same (8k/mo). they also pay for your travel to/from SF.

Everyone was super nice during the process, although they did ghost my friend and reject him 3 weeks later. For me all was positive though. Very quick interview turn-around, SO MUCH quicker than the big companies.

Interview Questions

• Didnt sign an NDA, but everyone knows you arent supposed to share this. sorry.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cruise in December 2017.

Interview

Process started with a simple phone screen, recruiter asked a few behavioral questions and then went on to explain a little bit more about the company.
    I was then sent a hackerrank challenge with five questions. I believe you need to answer all of them correctly(not sure if you need to get every test case correct though) to move on to the next round.
    After I completed the hackerrank i moved on to the phone technical interview. I had two questions were I had to write functions that completed the tasks asked of me by the interviewer. The questions weren't to hard but the solution for the second question completely escaped my head so I didnt move on to the next round because of that I believe.

Interview Questions

• Basic algorithm questions similar to what you would see on sites like leetcode.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cruise (Mountain View, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

Went through 5-6 hours of interview, including behavioral and deciding the team I wanted, to be ultimately rejected. They were very nice and described all the teams and openings. They asked about my resume and each team I wanted interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What type of obstacles and variables would a car need to consider if it needs to pass another car?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Coding challenge for the first round was not hard compared to other tech companies. Second round has two interviewers, descent technical questions. Takes about two hours. Third round onsite.