Cruise Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cruise Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cruise

2.0

Manager Interview

Interview

They reached out to me on LinkedIn. I got excited. Then they changed the role (downgraded it), asked me if I was still interested. I chatted with a recruiter about it, and still wanted to hear more so they scheduled me for 30 minutes with the hiring manager the week after. No one ever asked for my resume, and I never filled out an official application. The morning I’m supposed to talk to the hiring manager - he never calls me. I stand out in the rain for 20 minutes waiting. I sent an email to the recruiters, very politely, asking if we could reschedule because I’d still love to learn more and I totally get that things are busy there. They say yes and apologize - they’ll look for more time with him and let me know. The next day I get a form email from them saying they’ve reviewed my credentials and I’m no longer in consideration? What a total waste of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cruise

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cruise.

Interview

Incompetent recruiting team. Failed to followup, finally scheduled the interview and then canceled it. I can read the internal dysfunction of the company. Glad not wasting time interviewing with these guyz.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cruise (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

HR -> Phone screen -> Assignment -> Onsite

Process was quick and recruiter was pleasant to work with. After the phone screen there was a takehome assignment that needed lot of time and attention. I submitted the assignment ahead of time but none of the interviewers bothered to review the assignment beforehand. If you don't want to spend time reviewing assignments, perhaps you shouldn't ask candidates to waste 10 hours of their time on it?

Coming to non-assignment rounds, the team didn't seem like they had a good handle on what they were doing and were basically asking extremely broad questions that amount to proposing a whole business model from scratch. Instead of desperately fishing for entire business model ideas from candidates, they should ask about specific problems they are seeing and how candidates would think about solving them. Overall I felt it was not worth the amount of time I spent preparing for the interview - which is a shame because I was genuinely excited about the company.