Crunch Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First time applying for fitness trainer for any company. Phone interview with recruiter first to talk about background and reason for wanting to make career change, very positive experience. She wish me luck for in person interview and practical. In person was the worst i ever had. Interviewer was not personable, when i made small talk as he was walking me to his desk for the interview he ignored me. He interviewed me right next to a sale consultant desk about 3 feet away not comfortable at all. During the interview he was not paying attention to me. he responded to 2 text which was defiantly distracting and unprofessional. He ask about what my focus was i responded weight loss/ exercise therapy and he quickly said this gym is not about that it about the body builder, actor and models. what really irritated me is that at the end he said well i'm full staff trainers but ill keep you in mind. so i didn't do a practical as said by the recruiter what a waste of time. I know he judge me as soon as he meet me since i wasn't like the rest of his trainers i'm 6'0 160 slim build. fortunately i had a more positive experience interviewing with equinox later that week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Crunch in Dallas. Started with phone screening interview, standard questions. then invited to 2nd interview in person, was very casual, great environment. Was asked to come in fitness attire, so make sure you have nice exercise clothes to come in with. It wasn't anything special, just standard questions again, will list below. after about 10 minute talk, we went onto the practical portion interview. He gave me two scenarios: mid 20's guy, used to be an athlete in college, was good shape, but he injured his leg, so after a few years now, he wants to lose bit of a weight and get in good shape again. Second scenario, middle aged woman, never worked out before, wants to lose weight, suffers from occasional back pain. made workouts for each, i advise not to go to easy on the workout, dont make it complicated but brief and to the point. they said theyll call me, will wait on that answer, all in all, if ur prepared, its a simple interview. Dont remember all the questions, good luck though.

Certified Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

As a certified personal trainer I got told I have to be inside the gym 12 hours a day and for the first 6 month my paycheck would be 260 dollars every 2 weeks

Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I arrived earlier than what was expected so she said she could take me in a few minutes. So I went to use the bathroom and get situated. I waited for a few minutes in the front on the couch when she called me back. We chatted on the way to the room where the interview was held. She asked general questions about myself and my interest in fitness, and then general interview questions. She said she would definitely want me on the team either as a manager or a desk associate, although, she'd have to discuss it with her boss. She talked about the salary amounts, hours and how things work in there. She said she would be in touch with my by early next week, and after a week went by I called, but she wasn't in and she still hasn't reached out to me.

I said 1 week for the process, because I applied and either that same day or the next day I got an email for an online assessment. After completing it I can an email to confirm an interview. The interview was scheduled a few days later and then she said she would get back to me, but she hasn't yet and it's been over a week. [There might of been a personality test, I can't remember for sure because I applied to so many places, but there is FOR SURE an IQ test!]

Interview Questions

• How do you sell things to people? (Even though they aren't a retail store they still want to sell the products and services they offer.) [it's not like the sell me a pencil thing so don't worry! The only reason this was brought up was because I started talking about my previous selling experience, which is when she asked me how I sell things and what I do. Basically what my process is. If you are fearful of this question don't bring up sales! But it is a good thing to know for future occasions in case this question does come up!]   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are a good fit for the job?   Answer Question
    • Do you work out at a gym or with videos? [this was more casual conversation]   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in fitness?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you could bring to the table?

[just general interview questions, nothing scary or hard]   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (West Hollywood, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about 20 minutes and consisted of the head personal training manager asking me questions like my experience training, and my future aspirations in the fitness industry. He proceeded to inform me on how the process of gaining clients works at Crunch. I learned that Crunch fitness is driven by sales and based on how you gain more clients and interest them in buying supplements.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

Usually you will have two interviews, the first one is pretty much basic questions like Why did you choose crunch and how you would help the company grow ..etc and the second one is a practical on-hand

Interview Questions

• How are you going to help the company as a member of the staff ?
      Why did you choose Crunch fitness ?
      Why did you choose to be a personal trainer?   Answer Question

Fitness Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview was conducted with great enthusiasm, which in my experience has most always been the case due to my personal passion for the "Health and Fitness Industry." The interview was conducted first by introduction of course and then proceeded to take its natural course of questions, starting from what I was looking for in a position of employment.

Interview Questions

• How do I think that I could be an asset to the company given my experience and credentials?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was quick. I emailed my resume to the hiring manager and got a response almost immediately for an interview. The man who interviewed me was condescending and clearly sexist. Criticized me for being prepared with questions and assumed that I was incapable of thinking the questions up myself. I will no longer be patronizing the company as well as definitely not ever work at a Crunch facility because of how rude this guy was.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

Took a 15 minute tour of the facility followed by a 30 minute informal interview. Hiring manager was very friendly however it was clear that they were driven by sales projections and meeting a monthly quota. Not much of an emphasis on employee development, it seemed more like a 'hustle' than anything else

Interview Questions

• How much can you grow your clientele roster in the first 30 days of employment?   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Woodbridge, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The phone interview was very fast I had to call them they did not remember to call me!!!!! The interviewer was very rushed honestly I don't know why??? Very odd!!!!!